i cut my chain

Related:
Create New Tag

8/24/2015 6:19 PM

i have a giant method 2 with a KMC Z410 chain , unfortunately i cut my chain. now i want to get a new half-link shadow chain or whatever. im afraid it wouldn't fit my current sprocket , what should i do ?

|

8/24/2015 6:30 PM

What do you mean by you cut your chain?? A shadow chain will fit but id recommend the supreme over the normal like anyone would but its quite expensive

|

8/24/2015 7:01 PM

would any shadow half link chain fit on my small sized sprocket ?

|

8/24/2015 7:07 PM

Whats your gearing and chainstay length? I run 28/9 with a 14" chainstay and a shadow interlock V2 had extra links to spare

|

8/24/2015 7:12 PM

You can use that chain

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

8/24/2015 7:39 PM

Nwewinit wrote:

Whats your gearing and chainstay length? I run 28/9 with a 14" chainstay and a shadow interlock V2 had extra links to spare

how to know those lengths you have just mentioned ?

|

8/24/2015 10:16 PM

Nwewinit wrote:

Bugsy wrote:

how to know those lengths you have just mentioned ?

Do you know what kind of bike you have and the year?
The chainstay length is usually in the specs somewhere.

Or you can measure from the center of your bottom bracket to the center of your dropouts. For chainstay length.

Count the front teeth on your sprocket and the teeth in your rear wheel to get your gearing.

But if the bike is modern a shadow chain should fit because for a modern bike. Mine is a big one.

|

8/25/2015 8:32 AM

You can use anything on there as long as it is a 1/8 size chain.

I recommend either the Shadow Interlock Supreme or the ODSY Keychain.

I've got the Supreme myself, the price was staggering, but I expect it to last a long, long, long time. Heck, I never want to buy another chain again!

A Shadow Supreme chain comes with, heck, a mile long left over after cutting the chain!

Rated at 1500kgs too.... Wow.... I could use it to drag the car...

|

It doesn't matter where a train goes. It's decidin' to get on that does.