i got to thinkin....

Related:
Create New Tag

10/7/2008 6:10 PM

not to be a weight weeney, and i might sound like an idiot.... but i was day dreamin the other day and came up with the idea of filling tubes up with helium. wouldnt that shed some serious weight? correct me if im wrong, it could be a stupid idea

|

10/7/2008 6:12 PM

theres at least 6 other threads on this............................................................................................................................... end it

|

catch ya slipin at a light "GET OUT YO SHIT"

10/7/2008 6:15 PM

thereve done it before the helium dosent change anything

|

10/7/2008 6:17 PM

pedalpower wrote:

thereve done it before the helium dosent change anything

interesting....

|

10/7/2008 6:25 PM

nitrogen would me more appropriate my friend,

it doesn't expand or contract iin density with temperature like other gases, even air.

acura uses is in their rsx model and some other higher level car manufactures do it too.

it's not to save weight though, it's to keep the pressure changing when tires heat up during " spirited " driving ,

|

" let go " - tyler durden .

10/7/2008 6:56 PM

it would just leak our via the seatpost but i guess they would modify that by adding things to seal it but that would probably just add the weight back that helium would take off

|

10/7/2008 6:58 PM

bmxiscool wrote:

it would just leak our via the seatpost but i guess they would modify that by adding things to seal it but that would probably just add the weight back that helium would take off

WTF are you talking about?

|

I do stuff and I'm not good at it.

10/7/2008 7:01 PM

bmxiscool wrote:

tibug wrote:

WTF are you talking about?

tibug i got your back on this one.

let the wtf train keep on rolling

|

10/7/2008 7:07 PM

i think he was thinking that the original poster said " fill the FRAME " up with helium ?

i'm not to sure, that took alot of cognitive attention to decipher... and personally i don't like thinking unless i'm getting paid to do it !

|

10/7/2008 7:12 PM

wouldnt your tire float away like a ballon :]
haha

|

Ride it till it Breaks
REFS- Spikez5(x4)

[LINK TO IMAGE]

10/7/2008 7:14 PM

it wouldnt make a difference

|

10/7/2008 7:29 PM

The rubber that most tubes are made out of isn't dense enough to hold the helium, because helium is a lot less dense than normal air. That's what I've heard at least

|

Maintenance guy at The Railyard Bike Park in Rogers, Arkansas

facebook.com/TheRailyardAR/
Insta @the_railyard

facebook.com/tedhuie
Insta @ted_danger

10/7/2008 7:43 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/7/2008 7:45 PM

caILbro wrote:

i think he was thinking that the original poster said " fill the FRAME " up with helium ?

i'm not to sure, that took alot of cognitive attention to decipher... and personally i don't like thinking unless i'm getting paid to do it !

haha i did too... im like wtf? then i got it... intertubes... hahaha yea... no... that would be a pain in the ass... but if you ever needed to make some prank calls you have a small supply of helium at your disposal

|

dont think of it as rape, think of it as surprise sex. and who doesnt love a surprise?

10/7/2008 7:52 PM

did he mean bike frame tubes? or tire tubes? the tire tubes..sigh the frame tubes? wtf are you on crack??

|

10/7/2008 9:16 PM

INNERTUBES
ya...sorry bout the mixup

|

10/7/2008 10:12 PM

his name is " timh " fuggin tard :p

|

10/8/2008 3:20 AM

I would do nothing except leak and be irritating. My advice, stick with regular air. MYTH busters did a test like this with footballs, to see if helium ones flew farther than air filled ones. No real difference.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

10/8/2008 3:32 AM

Just ride tubeless.

|

nou