i gotta honestly say

Related:
Create New Tag

4/10/2016 9:00 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/10/2016 9:01 PM

i really do miss this era of bmx it was so much fun. everything was just 100% bangers

Ghetto BMX Jam 2004 - Fuel TV from Gilbert & Seligman on Vimeo.

|

1996 dyno slammer, 1997 mosh pro, 1998 gt vertigo, 2000 haro backtrail x3, 2004 free agent tigercat, 2005 volume dinosaur, 2005 s&m black bike, 2013 stolen saint 24", 2015 flybikes proton

4/10/2016 9:24 PM

I don't miss my baggy ass jncos getting caught in my 44t sprocket while trying to bunny hop a 45lb bike but all the other stuff I agree

|

My Ride
My Other Ride
I've sold stuff to Ecuadevil, LLURider, and Mario.villegas90 with no complaints.
IG: evildeadhands

4/10/2016 9:40 PM

Props will always be the best to ever do it.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

4/10/2016 9:57 PM

reminds me of back in the 80's when we would "repurpose" wood, bricks, garbage cans, and other crap from our garages and the streets and build courses in my friend Rob's backyard...would spend the first week of summer building the course, and the rest riding. We even built a stage where my band, and others would play. Great times...

|

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
1988 Mongoose Caifornian Pro
2015 Surly Krampus

"Running Is dumb" - Dave Lawrence

4/10/2016 10:58 PM

ironmaiden666 wrote:

I don't miss my baggy ass jncos getting caught in my 44t sprocket while trying to bunny hop a 45lb bike but all the other ...more

Thank God I was basically a baby in that era, because God forbid, I've seen people wear those pants before and they're like individual dresses for your legs. A Buzzfeed video showed a guy fitting a damn slimmed down laptop in his rear back pocket. WTF And if there's anything more than I hated when I used to wear baggy pants/jeans is that if I didn't fold my longer pants, they would catch the ground and eventually rip, etc.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

4/10/2016 11:49 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/10/2016 11:51 PM

ironmaiden666 wrote:

I don't miss my baggy ass jncos getting caught in my 44t sprocket while trying to bunny hop a 45lb bike but all the other ...more

pfff jncos lol the levi pipelines and UFO pants i jumped a stack of picnic tables from a kicker while wearing ufo's and surely they did get stuck in ye fuckin sprocket and thusforth i ate shit into parking lot asphalt. but thats more 90's this is when is the era from when girl pants started becoming a thing when u have companies like hell on earth and the take to target those mid 00'ss metalcore kids who listen to poison the well lol

|

1996 dyno slammer, 1997 mosh pro, 1998 gt vertigo, 2000 haro backtrail x3, 2004 free agent tigercat, 2005 volume dinosaur, 2005 s&m black bike, 2013 stolen saint 24", 2015 flybikes proton

4/10/2016 11:58 PM

Mid 00's was where it was at. I couldn't agree more. Riding was just so much more fun then with a real sense of community. Or maybe I only think that because that's when I was at my best haha. It seems like riding is more about trying to be famous by getting instagram clips now. Social media seems to take the social side out of real life.

|

4/11/2016 2:02 AM

Now for me being brakeless and having trap rap and drinking beer and smoking weed with coloured tires amongst other shit is what's modern sad I like both though , each have good and bads .

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

4/11/2016 5:11 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

Mid 00's was where it was at. I couldn't agree more. Riding was just so much more fun then with a real sense of community. Or ...more

Social media seems to take the social out of real life

I am totally stealing this!! Best quote I have heard in a long time!!!!
|

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
2015 Surly Krampus

4/11/2016 6:15 AM

ironmaiden666 wrote:

haha I remember those, oh the good old days.

Although bmx has quickly progressed over the years, it seems that alot of riders starting out only seek out fame and dont really care to show respect for the history of bmx.

|

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
I'm Mr. Meeseeks, Looks at me!

4/11/2016 10:52 AM

JonnyGanja wrote:

pfff jncos lol the levi pipelines and UFO pants i jumped a stack of picnic tables from a kicker while wearing ufo's and surely ...more

Lee Pipes! Those things were huge. I had those too. I guess mid-2000's I had fallen out of the loop before the girl pant thing. I was skating more than biking following the Baker style

|

My Ride
My Other Ride
I've sold stuff to Ecuadevil, LLURider, and Mario.villegas90 with no complaints.
IG: evildeadhands

4/11/2016 3:27 PM

ironmaiden666 wrote:

isnowyaznV2 wrote:

Thank God I was basically a baby in that era, because God forbid, I've seen people wear those pants before and they're like ...more

Buzzfeed just did an article where a dude wore JNCOs for a full week, and I gotta say, it was pretty accurate even for the day.

As to the bike side, I would LOVE to have the atmosphere we had back in the early 00s, but the technology of today's bikes. I remember when under 30 lbs was made fun of for being too light and those kids were told to go back to the race track (jokingly of course) but no one actually took those jokes seriously or got super butthurt about it.

Riding was a lot of fun, felt more carefree where IF you landed and rolled, it counted. Now you have to land "perfectly with style" or every kid will shoot their mouth off saying you did it wrong even though they couldn't even come close to it.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

4/11/2016 3:43 PM

JonnyGanja wrote:

pfff jncos lol the levi pipelines and UFO pants i jumped a stack of picnic tables from a kicker while wearing ufo's and surely ...more

Hahaha I was one of those kids for quite a while. I remember the take being called a scene company and shit like that everyone riding slammed seats and s&m slams. I wanted an ivy pretty bad. I miss that era of bmx. Now it's just not the same, bmx doesn't really have it's own style or culture like it did.

But yeah the JNCO/ baggy pants/ dickies era was a late 90s / early 00s thing. Everything started to slim down by like 2005/2006 lol.

|

4/11/2016 4:48 PM

Watch out...some of you guys are sounding like old men.....smile

|

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
2015 Surly Krampus

4/11/2016 4:58 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/11/2016 4:59 PM

ironmaiden666 wrote:

JonnyGanja wrote:

Four wrote:

Hahaha I was one of those kids for quite a while. I remember the take being called a scene company and shit like that everyone ...more

just for u look what i found, the take reversible belt lol , i even have that shadow conspiracy suit jacket made by allistar whitton the small run they did

Photo

Photo

|

4/11/2016 6:05 PM

Dude that's fucking awesome so is the suit jacket! Haha remember the neon take headbands? I'm still down with the take shame they don't make frames now.

|

4/11/2016 8:49 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/11/2016 9:15 PM

BMX wasn't even a blip on my 7 year old radar back then, but damn I wish things were more like that now. FBM are the shit, and the ghetto comps are some of the coolest things to ever happen. Also, after rewatching this for like the 8th time, I feel like half the kids I know wouldn't ride these set ups because "they're too sketchy." Whatever. props never fails to get me stoked.

|

"Let it be heard: FOUR IS BACK MUH FUCKAZ"
Refs: Mobking, four, tomdon, Sickdude, xxOhioanxx onetrykid Krisner BMX
FBM Pizza Beer Roast Machine

4/11/2016 8:59 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/11/2016 9:03 PM

Collin_McClenahan wrote:

BMX wasn't even a blip on my 7 year old radar back then, but damn I wish things were more like that now. FBM are the shit, and ...more

its like oh theres sean burns doing some crazy shit as usual, dropping off a box truck onto super jenky rail lol

it was even the start of freecoasters really for street.

and you had the animal videos out and coming out.

[youtube]

[/youtube]
|

4/11/2016 9:14 PM

totally forgot about 411

[youtube]

&nohtml5=False [/youtube]
|

4/11/2016 9:18 PM

JonnyGanja wrote:

its like oh theres sean burns doing some crazy shit as usual, dropping off a box truck onto super jenky rail lol

it was even ...more

It's crazy how young a lot of today's "old dudes" are in the FBM vid.

|

"Let it be heard: FOUR IS BACK MUH FUCKAZ"
Refs: Mobking, four, tomdon, Sickdude, xxOhioanxx onetrykid Krisner BMX
FBM Pizza Beer Roast Machine

4/11/2016 10:30 PM

I don't think I ever had a bike that weighed more than 27lbs, but I was more of a trails kid then (I say kid, I was approaching my mid 20's). Riding was progressing so fast and everyone was stoked on everything! Apart from girls jeans......
I was living in bristol at the time, a couple of my friends were really scene. I used to get into arguments with "emo" kids because they all listened to metal and didn't know what real emo was.
I rode pegless back then too which was pretty uncommon. I got so stoked watching Ian Schwartz, Steven Hamilton, Kevin porter etc.
I still miss my old bike, I don't even have pics of it sad

|

4/11/2016 10:42 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

I don't think I ever had a bike that weighed more than 27lbs, but I was more of a trails kid then (I say kid, I was ...more

Haha I agree with the second part especially. I was one of the few of those kids who looked ridiculous but actually liked Rites of spring, embrace, moss icon and stuff like that,real emotive hardcore as well as real screamo.
The pegless part for sure. I've rode pegs twice and I can do all the basic grinds but most of my time riding was spent pegless. There was nothing to grind here so I never got into peg tricks and was always stoked on pegless riders.

|

4/11/2016 10:44 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

I don't think I ever had a bike that weighed more than 27lbs, but I was more of a trails kid then (I say kid, I was ...more

Photo

Photo

my volume dinosaur weighed like 32 lbs lol 33-13t gearing with bash guard and shadow chain (not in the pics) rear wheel is alex triple wall with primo spokes and odyssey hazard cassette, front was some random sun rim demo forks bars, cranks , primo wall tires, dk seat lol
|

4/11/2016 11:08 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/11/2016 11:09 PM

I had an s&m pbr, fbm cb4k's, s&m racing stem, slams (in chrome!), 180mm profile cranks, profile ss hubs (front had the race axle conversion, 13t driver), 36t metal bikes sprocket, rear primo hula hoop, front sun bfr, primo dirt monster 1.95 on the front, odyssey 1.75ish path on the rear. odyssey mx seat and intac post. Dia compe hombre with tech 77 lever. It was around this time I started riding brakeless too. I rode pegs when I first started and learnt all the basic grinds, but ruined so many parts I've never been tempted to use them again!
I was easily my best then, still riding trails, getting into technical street, riding bowls and boosting quarters... having fun the whole time. I hardly fell so didn't get injured and scare myself.

Now I feel like a proper old man! The older I get, the better I used to be.

|

4/11/2016 11:22 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

I had an s&m pbr, fbm cb4k's, s&m racing stem, slams (in chrome!), 180mm profile cranks, profile ss hubs (front had ...more

that bike in the pic ended up gettin stolen i know who stole i just havnt came across them yet but i still remember after all these years they gettin a beatin when i see em, but i ended up with a first gen s&m black bike, slam bars, purple animal front load stem the rare one, profile cranks, odyssey dirtfork

|

4/11/2016 11:23 PM

in fact my friend still has the frame and rides it lol he got bunch of new parts on it though Photo

|

4/11/2016 11:28 PM

I always wanted a black bike! But I wasn't keen on euro bb on the early ones. My pbr had a US bb, but I bought it just before Spanish or mid came out.

Actually, a couple of years before the pbr I had a next gen dirtbike which was probably over 30lbs.

I'm reminiscing far too much. I'm going to be late for work!

|

4/12/2016 10:07 PM

If there's more than like 2 indian givers in an edit, that qualifies it as old. lmao Just kidding.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

4/14/2016 7:48 AM

isnowyaznV2 wrote:

If there's more than like 2 indian givers in an edit, that qualifies it as old. lmao Just kidding.

Well...it still counts as landed. Same with if a foot blows off a pedal. If you roll away it counts.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura