i need help with my cranks

Related:
Create New Tag

2/3/2009 5:19 PM

i bought a haro backtrail x3 frame bb spindle headset and cranks that i am trying to build up with some iron horse parts to build a back bike for under 50 bucks(ive spent 40 so far)
the problem is that the cranks came with no spacers.
so i need all the washers and spacers. should i go to a bike shop that builds customs and see if they have it or can i get it off like dans comp?
it should only cost like what 10 bucks max?

|

we the people bike co.

2/3/2009 5:46 PM

What size is the spindle? I might have some spacers you can have Email me @ totalcrazyness@hotmail.com

|

“Decide that you want it more than you are afraid of it.”

2/3/2009 5:48 PM

i have no clue
how do i measure it?

|

we the people bike co.

2/3/2009 7:17 PM

you can either use a micrometer, or a nice ruler with mm on it and hold it up to it. if you take them the spindle tell them what your doing and they should be able to pull you something.

|

2/3/2009 7:55 PM

it should be either a 19 or 22mm hole and wut ever size bb

|

fuck brakes all they do is slow u down

2/3/2009 8:01 PM

how do i get the spindle out?
the bike shop is a few towns over but me and my friends take the buses there cus there is a good park so can i just take off the spindle and bring the spindle cranks and sproket and they could get me the stuff.

|

we the people bike co.

2/3/2009 9:11 PM

if its sealed just beat it out with a hammer but u need to know the size of bb ur frame uses to its either american mid spanish or euro and theres only two spindle sizes 22mm and 19mm just use a ruler to measure the spindle and which ever one its closer to thats prob the one it is

|

2/3/2009 9:42 PM

all i need it washers?
i thought there was a special ring thingy for the sproket and one for the opposite side of the sproket.
im just concerned cus my friends bike stopped pedling cus his cranks were loose and this is my first time building a bike so i want to make sure its set up right.

|

we the people bike co.

2/3/2009 10:10 PM

wut u need is these

http://www.danscomp.com/455054.php?cat=PARTS

and this

http://www.danscomp.com/457004.php?cat=PARTS

either the popular or the profile depending on ur chainwheel

|

2/3/2009 10:31 PM

I suggest just hitting up a local hardware store if you need the "washer" type spacers...but if you need the bearing spacer(for between the bearings) you will have to hit up a shop

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

2/3/2009 11:06 PM

A bike for under 50 bucks? Good luck.

|

I awarded myself infinite cool points. Breaking the rules has never been this cool... EVER! Forever.

2/4/2009 8:33 AM

thanks but ive put 40 into it and all i need is these spacers. =)
it has iron horse and haro parts ahahahahhahahahahah
44t sproket, things going to be a beast.
and i have the complete bb so i dont need those bearing spacers but i just need the spacers out side the bb so can i just pic up some washers from home depot?

|

we the people bike co.

2/4/2009 8:55 AM

wtprider wrote:

thanks but ive put 40 into it and all i need is these spacers. =)
it has iron horse and haro parts ahahahahhahahahahah
44t sproket, things going to be a beast.
and i have the complete bb so i dont need those bearing spacers but i just need the spacers out side the bb so can i just pic up some washers from home depot?

bring your spindel in and tell them u need a washer to fit it
they got your back

|

My nigga Ressler, stay up!
My nigga Babysatan, stay up!
My nigga Copiolet, stay up!
My nigga DakAttack, stay up!
My nigga NCDave, stay up!
My nigga Enzo, stay up!

And I ride for my niggas

2/4/2009 9:12 AM

I think that's a 20 or 22 mm spindle. I had a Nyquist r1 and it had an American style bottom bracket . If you cant find washers, Email me your address and I'll send you the spacers I have.

|

“Decide that you want it more than you are afraid of it.”