i started bmx because...

Related:
Create New Tag

5/24/2011 6:53 PM

who made u start bmx, what rider ( if any ) kicked u into the way of bmx. what edit made u start, what inspired u?

for me it was dan lacey in this edit. what about u?

|

Trails not Rails

E21 - Resto + E30 340i M60 v8 build + E36 328ti Daily skidder

5/24/2011 6:56 PM

i liked snowboarding and i wanted to watch it so i switched to fuel tv to see if its on and i saw bmx so i did it

|

5/24/2011 6:57 PM

Corey Martinez. cant get the edit because you tube is blocked in china but whatever.

|

-You know your awesome when you can recognize girls by their ass.

5/24/2011 6:58 PM

i dont know exactly what video it was because i was like 7 but the rider who made me start riding was dave mirra and my cousin josh helped me learn alot

|

me
setup

nollie tailwhips
nose manual
nollie 540 cab try it its fun

5/24/2011 7:01 PM

bmx.ski.ca wrote:

Corey Martinez. cant get the edit because you tube is blocked in china but whatever.

oooh i think i know the one u mean, it has a spanish guitar sound track??

|

Trails not Rails

5/24/2011 7:03 PM

bmx.ski.ca wrote:

Verde. wrote:

yeah i think so but its been 2 years since i saw it.

|

-You know your awesome when you can recognize girls by their ass.

5/24/2011 7:04 PM

My friend was just starting and i wanted to ride bmx too

|

Lol. Xzibit plz
Shakesman69: Seeing a girl on a bike is like seeing a unicorn walking down the main street.
Brokenbmx: i pooped butterflies once.

Bought from: Ridebmx456 TCbmx(x2) Wade., Ticaleb
Sold to: Sprocket: Mike - E, Front Hub: Kroller, Back wheel: imgoingtohavetocuthere
Local deal for a rear wheel with: bmx

5/24/2011 7:04 PM

youtube is blocked? wtf??

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

5/24/2011 7:08 PM

Brokenbmx wrote:

youtube is blocked? wtf??

chinese government man. theyl block anything that has potential to do them a bad turn. kinda shite. i feel for them....they have no dan lacey

|

Trails not Rails

5/24/2011 7:21 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/24/2011 7:22 PM

Well, i rode a bmx styled bike since i was in second grade. then the skate park opened up and i skated there. i'd ride my bike down everyday in like 6th grade and once i broke my board and started riding my bike. never bought a new skateboard either. well i did, i actually had fun riding it but i just lost interest after like 3 weeks and sold it.

|

Refs: Future FBM, Warchol2 WtfKennethXp Riversiderider TCbmx Riversiderider JakeSalbert

5/24/2011 7:24 PM

I've rode a two wheeler since I was 3 so I just picked it up when I hit my first factor-x

|

Check my Youtube Channel and Subscribe if you like.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC62awwE63LVhyBqOgIyY3ZA
Follow me on Instagram @ scott_effting & toododgy

5/24/2011 7:28 PM

bmx.ski.ca wrote:

proxy servers are your friend :D

|

5/24/2011 7:28 PM

I raced motocross for 11 years and always built little doubles and stuff near my house. When i quit racing I wanted to do something as close as possible and Ive been riding trails for the past 3 years now and I love everything about it!

|

5/24/2011 9:58 PM

i found the vid lol gotta love youtube sorry dude in china you dont get to watch
">dave mirra vid
this video used to be the coolest thng i ever seen .............. now well just watch it

|

me
setup

nollie tailwhips
nose manual

5/24/2011 10:00 PM

bmx.ski.ca wrote:

Verde. wrote:

bmx.ski.ca wrote:

yeah i think so but its been 2 years since i saw it.

is vimeo blocked?

|

trails are not skateparks, they exist solely from the work and dedication of local riders. so next time you start complaining about not having local trails to ride, you only need look at yourself.
Bike check?

5/24/2011 10:08 PM

I had always rode a bmx bike but I saw ">this and it pretty much got me hooked. Still get pumped when I watch this.

|

5/24/2011 10:10 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/24/2011 10:11 PM

bricerbmx wrote:

i found the vid lol gotta love youtube sorry dude in china you dont get to watch
">dave mirra vid
this video used to be the coolest thng i ever seen .............. now well just watch it

hahaha check out the bike, sooo oldschool.

also i think even google is blocked in china right? what do you guys have anything? lol

|

5/25/2011 3:14 AM

I did it for all the hot bitches I was promised

|

Free Casey Anthony

5/25/2011 4:28 AM

BmxRida4lyfe wrote:

My friend was just starting and i wanted to ride bmx too

this but i started waaay after my friend

|

5/25/2011 4:37 AM

rode a 26'' mtb for a couple of years and then tried bmx. The first edit that really cought my attention was odyssey electronic with chase hawk, i wish i had a 1/1000 of his flow!

|

5/25/2011 4:40 AM

you guys are all so new to this i feel ancient

|

me
setup

nollie tailwhips
nose manual

5/25/2011 5:25 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/25/2011 5:42 AM

My dad and looking at pictures going off ramps.
But I really got inspiration from Mark Webb in Transatlanticism.

|

Turn Around & Take It Like a Champ.
Badass Rap Songs
I has multiple refs.

5/25/2011 5:50 AM

I moved schools and all my friends either rode bmx or skated, and I wanted to hang with them when they went to parks, so I borrowed my friends ollllllld haro and went with them, and I was hooked.

|

5/25/2011 9:10 AM

Aaron Ross. And some old friends had BMX bikes.

|

Flatlander
BiKeChEcK.

5/25/2011 9:23 AM

got bored as fuck one day, so went on to Nike ID to build up some shoes, ">this video came on, i seen that 540, was like omg, MUM CAN I GET A BIKE, went to the skatepark one day, and was hooked

|

My Bicyclemachine.
|United Bike Co|Profile Racing|Odyssey BMX|BSD|Fit Bike Co|Cult|Dub BMX|Nike 6.0|Unit 23 Skatepark|

5/25/2011 9:35 AM

bricerbmx wrote:

started riding 1981ish here.
But in 1982 I got my first BMX PLUS magazine from my grandmother & started to get really into it seriously. Christmas '83(maybe '84) IIRC my friend got a "General Lee"( cannot remember who made it, but it was a sweet bike Orange/ black letters) so I bought a Haro freestyler, so I could keep up with him. I think I originally had a bastardized Mongoose.

Back then we didnt have VIDEO's, or internet(WTF is a computer?) to tell us who to like. We had to be lucky to catch some stuff on TV(if we were not kicked out of the house & told to go outside & play. In the house during the weekend..You lazy ass...get outside), or in magazines.

If we broke something, we only had our LBS to get parts from. No online stores to order parts, no forums to ask opinions, we actually had to do things ourselves & ask REAL friends for opinions. Because they were the ones we needed to be on par with, not the rest of the world.

|

5/25/2011 9:41 AM

bricerbmx wrote:

Espresso wrote:

started riding 1981ish here.
But in 1982 I got my first BMX PLUS magazine from my grandmother & started to get really into it seriously. Christmas '83(maybe '84) IIRC my friend got a "General Lee"( cannot remember who made it, but it was a sweet bike Orange/ black letters) so I bought a Haro freestyler, so I could keep up with him. I think I originally had a bastardized Mongoose.

Back then we didnt have VIDEO's, or internet(WTF is a computer?) to tell us who to like. We had to be lucky to catch some stuff on TV(if we were not kicked out of the house & told to go outside & play. In the house during the weekend..You lazy ass...get outside), or in magazines.

If we broke something, we only had our LBS to get parts from. No online stores to order parts, no forums to ask opinions, we actually had to do things ourselves & ask REAL friends for opinions. Because they were the ones we needed to be on par with, not the rest of the world.

youve got some time on me but i know what you mean if its sunny get the hell out of the house i started riding a bike when i was about 4 so that would have been about 1994 then i started doing tricks after the first time i seen the x game and broke my first bone 2 weeks later

|

me
setup

nollie tailwhips
nose manual

5/25/2011 9:42 AM

because i used to skate, and i rode my bike with my deck. and one day i snapped my deck on a manuel pad so then i tried to manuel it on my bike. and it all started from there.

|

5/25/2011 10:09 AM

the first thing that made me want to ride bmx, was a long time ago wen i lived in california, i saw this guy from in the back seat of our car. he was ripping down the sidewalk, cut right in front of my dad driving and he bunnyhopped over this thing in the road which was like a 2 jersey barrier. i thought it was the sickest thing id ever seen outside the x games. not too long after i started jumping my bike and tried to figure out how he bunnyhopped. ( i didnt even know it was called a bunnyhop back then.)

|

IN NOMINE SATANUS

5/25/2011 10:25 AM

ive been riding since i was 8, but ive only been serious about it for about 9months

|

LIFE BEHIND BARS