iPhone Edits, Yay or Nay?

Related:
Create New Tag

4/24/2014 5:42 PM

I know many people on this forum are like "1080p or die! AAAAAAHHHHH" but I honestly will be happy if a video has at least 480p. My internet is so slow, I can barely load HD anymore. What's your opinion on iPhone edits? I have an editing app that allows me to export clips in 720p and that's about as good as a FlipCam, if I am not mistaken. I could be wrong though, I'm not much of a camera junky. Lol anyway, I plan on making an iPhone edit in the near future and I'm wondering what you guys think of them. I can film in decent quality and I have a fish eye case on my phone so you can't really tell that it's an iPhone; or at least I can't...

|

"If you can't beat me on a bike, beat me off." -Will Stock

YouTube
Instagram (@WillStockSucks)

4/24/2014 5:51 PM

Footage is footage dude. Always good to have different options and stuff to remember. Plus, sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do and use the resources you have so, I'm all for it.

|

bikes destroy vlogs.

ref: slade_vincent, shutta, ecuadevil, theprophet, blackmammoth, sfb, element4all, bmx-junkie, kurtnut, nickg, jessebmx, dontDELETE, krbmx17, ninjacat, freddydapice, waanng, ivan, scramhype, motogrizz, tomdon, dream, hatebreeder, noendinsight666, asilva, wolfen, superstarDK, skubasteve, aebasher, many more.

4/24/2014 5:53 PM

howlerfbm wrote:

Footage is footage dude. Always good to have different options and stuff to remember. Plus, sometimes you gotta do what you ...more

I'm with you there man! I think that as long as the clips are legit and the edit is decent, and the resolution is decent as well; then it doesn't matter what filming equipment you use.

|

YouTube

4/24/2014 5:55 PM

All my edits are iPhone edits

|

4/24/2014 5:58 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Hmmmm.....laughing

|

YouTube

4/24/2014 6:32 PM

Bump

|

YouTube

4/24/2014 6:52 PM

First off i would like to say fuck HD, SD for life haha. But seriously, as far as i phone edits go as long as the quality is good enough to see everything clearly and the filming isnt shacky as fuck (thats the main problem with most phone edits) i have absoutly no issue with them.

|

4/24/2014 8:34 PM

Better filming is more important that video quality, but video quality is important.

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG
@curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop

4/24/2014 9:10 PM

iPhones film in HD. It's not the camera that makes an edit shit, it's the filmer. No-one knows how to film well on this forum apart from like 10 ppl or some shit.

|

4/24/2014 9:54 PM

I use an 04' Sony Handycam with those mini DVD's and I keep recording, finalizing, and then formatting. It's a real pain in the ass not to be able to delete clips stored in the DVD before finalization. And not to mention when you extract footage from the disc, it's all in one huge movie and finding the section of your desired clip and splitting it is also a great pain in the ass.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

4/25/2014 1:28 AM

isnowyaznV2 wrote:

I use an 04' Sony Handycam with those mini DVD's and I keep recording, finalizing, and then formatting. It's a real pain in ...more

oh god I hated those things, we had to use those in digital media class.

I like the simplicity of iPhone clips, on windows I would just plug my phone in, open the iPhone as a hard drive via My Computer, then copy/paste said clips.

Mac's a little more work though, at least how I do it since I like to archive my shit. Plug it in, open in iPhoto, import the clips, open their source folder, then copy/paste them where I want.

|

4/25/2014 1:35 AM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

that is why you failed

|

4/25/2014 1:37 AM

Pachat wrote:

that is why you failed

Get off my dick you bloody cum stain, or at least take me out to dinner first. Preferably somewhere that'll make me have explosive shit storms

|