identifying Capone frame

Related:
Create New Tag

4/12/2013 5:13 AM

Hey im about to get back in riding and found a great build on craigslist its an fbm Capone frame internal headset and looks to be mid BB but its not original paint i Was wondering if there is any indentation of fbm logo on frame or were back wheel connects to identify its a real Capone thanks in advance for any help

|

4/12/2013 5:44 AM

What's the link for the add an we will have a look for you what's going on.

|

4/12/2013 5:50 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/12/2013 5:52 AM

|

4/12/2013 5:52 AM

looks nice , but he only wants 250 ? if its real id snatch it up

|

4/12/2013 5:58 AM

Well she wants to trade it for my laptop witch is cool but it just seems to good to be true she sent me a pic to my phone and you can see its internal by the way head tube looks. She changed rear rim and tire and sprocket she put on a gold fit laced to alienation to match front and alienation sprocket but says she has other parts (assuming there the originals that were on it) that she will throw in for free ill type up parts list

|

4/12/2013 5:59 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/12/2013 6:00 AM

hmm , well most frames have a logo on the gusset on the down tube , or the name of the company engraved into the dropout

if you asked er to send you the serial number , could you email fbm and they could check the serial ?

|

4/12/2013 6:03 AM

Shadow bars
Odi grips
Fit stem
Fly internal headset
Primo forks
Both rear and front gold fit rims
Alienation Hubs both rear and front
fit white wall tires
profile cranks with titanium spindle
Kmc red chain
Stolen seat and post
28tooth Alienation sprocket
Parts sound amazing says its to big for her to throw around and ride

|

4/12/2013 6:03 AM

thats a good idea^^^ i think FBM would be glad to help, there a good company top deal with from my experience

|

Bruh

4/12/2013 6:04 AM

justin vogelsberger wrote:

hmm , well most frames have a logo on the gusset on the down tube , or the name of the company engraved into the dropout

if you asked er to send you the serial number , could you email fbm and they could check the serial ?

That was like my last resort if i couldn't find anything out online witch turned up nothing on Google

|

4/12/2013 6:04 AM

shouldn't weigh much from the parts list, maybe she weak or somut but thats bound to be sub 25lbs

|

Bruh

4/12/2013 6:07 AM

Zach P-D wrote:

shouldn't weigh much from the parts list, maybe she weak or somut but thats bound to be sub 25lbs

Right it such a nice bike im honestly worried its stolen and if i get pinned with it ill get the charge and i don't think i could explain it the cops considering I have already had one in the past

|

4/12/2013 6:07 AM

Man if its legit then pick it up !!! Not bad colour scheme either am looking at a fly pantera at the moment can tell its a fly but cannot tell which year the frame is an the seller is just being a dick nana

|

4/12/2013 6:08 AM

An if your worried about it being legit then go see it an take a ref of the serial number under be yourself an contact fbm and they will help

|

4/12/2013 6:08 AM

I would see if you can get the serial number to id the frame, THEN ALSO call the local police.

That seems like it is too cheap for such a setup, so I would be cautious.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

4/12/2013 6:11 AM

all i can say is that it is cheap and that if ya want it just go for it, any problems and they shouldn't be hard to fix as those parts are nice and strong. If it is stolen take a print screen of the page with all of the details just in case it is so if something were to pop up with the cops you can show them that and then they can go get who stole it

|

Bruh

4/12/2013 6:12 AM

Yeah the color scheme looks great to me. Talking on the phone its just a chick she says its to big doesn't sound like she would of stole it but i mean who knows anymore. Im afraid if ask for serial number if it is stole shell get scared off and if it is stolen I rather get it back to the original owner then keep it for myself you know.

|

4/12/2013 6:14 AM

Dallas6689 wrote:

Yeah the color scheme looks great to me. Talking on the phone its just a chick she says its to big doesn't sound like she would of stole it but i mean who knows anymore. Im afraid if ask for serial number if it is stole shell get scared off and if it is stolen I rather get it back to the original owner then keep it for myself you know.

just tel lher you need it to identify the frame

|

4/12/2013 6:15 AM

this ^^^ just say you want to be 100% sure that everything is fine and if it is, you have a cheap yet excellent bmx

|

Bruh

4/12/2013 6:18 AM

Im gonna get a hold of her later today and hopefully set the deal up Im gonna get serial number and verify it with fbm ill put an update of what happened thanks guys hopefully it goes through would love to get back on a bike before college!

|

4/12/2013 6:19 AM

good lad :D

|

Bruh

4/12/2013 7:04 AM

lilchrissyy wrote:

Man if its legit then pick it up !!! Not bad colour scheme either am looking at a fly pantera at the moment can tell its a fly but cannot tell which year the frame is an the seller is just being a dick nana

Just get the serial number and email it to Fly.

|

Check out my youtube channel!! http://www.youtube.com/user/mikel8149

4/12/2013 7:32 AM

Buy it, if it's stolen and can be returned then you just earned yourself a 250$ boost of karma. Shit the person who it was stolen from may even pay you back or something. Idk, it's a win win. You either get a bike, or you give someone's pride and joy back to them. Small victory either way.

|

I seek progression, not perfection.

Refs:Beastassdickwink~Dk/oldschool908~TheLilozzy~jaypee23~Bstick~agfracing~MoyBoy5~RIDE a BIKE~wade5~Mattmuldoon@hotmail.com x2~jakebikes~ joe loves shadow~ diss diqq~ k1ng~fly for life x2~spikez5~four~jb07~mike duda~ DORbmx~ bobPA~superstarDK

4/12/2013 2:05 PM

update??? what did ya do

|

Bruh

4/14/2013 8:23 AM

Hey man do you still have a picture of your old baby blue Ian with fire red wheels?

|

509-301-202one. April 14 Bike check

Refs-ninjacat33 x2, Warchol2, A08 x2, fsearles, bmxscout48, blackmammoth, ilovemybike22, ecuadevil, bmx, J.r._Faw, Pavimo, kymike, ScramHype, xlilkillaluc15x, bmxnick2511, semobmx, robinson79 x2

eBay - 120+ transactions, 100% feedback

4/14/2013 8:34 AM

hey guys sorry i didnt get on sooner but she actually just never responded to me at all i text ed her a few times so ill never know

|

4/14/2013 8:37 AM

Broughton wrote:

Hey man do you still have a picture of your old baby blue Ian with fire red wheels?

you mean my ian with fire red wheels hubs cranks? lol no man my old phone broke that had all the pictures i started looking for it awhile ago through the kid i sold it to nothing turned up except that he seen it posted for 300 and it was still the same except the kid let it get wrecked all the paint was faded i loved that bike why do you ask?

|

4/14/2013 8:41 AM

Broughton wrote:

Dallas6689 wrote:

you mean my ian with fire red wheels hubs cranks? lol no man my old phone broke that had all the pictures i started looking for it awhile ago through the kid i sold it to nothing turned up except that he seen it posted for 300 and it was still the same except the kid let it get wrecked all the paint was faded i loved that bike why do you ask?

I was wondering what fire red gsport wheels would look like on my ocean blue Funday. I think it would be to flashy lol

|

509-301-202one. April 14 Bike check

Refs-ninjacat33 x2, Warchol2, A08 x2, fsearles, bmxscout48, blackmammoth, ilovemybike22, ecuadevil, bmx, J.r._Faw, Pavimo, kymike, ScramHype, xlilkillaluc15x, bmxnick2511, semobmx, robinson79 x2

eBay - 120+ transactions, 100% feedback

4/14/2013 2:53 PM

It says something about a fit front rim, and last time i checked fit dont make rims.

|

Latest edit (Check it out) | Anything With Two Wheels Goes!!
"Fuck it and Huck it" -Tomdon

[LINK TO IMAGE]

4/15/2013 8:45 AM

Sharpy wrote:

It says something about a fit front rim, and last time i checked fit dont make rims.

I think he's got confused with hubs and rims, they'll be stock Fit Hubs.

|