im a girl is this a good bike for me?

Related:
Create New Tag

6/29/2013 9:15 PM

i bought this bike 2 yrs ago and not sure if it is good for me its a 2011 redline random 20" tires and its 27 lbs here are some specs http://www.redlinebicycles.com/archives/2011-random
>> do yall thinks its too heavy or right for a beginner cuz i cant do shit other than jump off a few curbs and dirt lol

|

6/29/2013 9:20 PM

Nah it's not that heavy. A lot of people are riding heavier bikes now. I still like my bike to be light but 25-27 is okay too a lot of doing tricks is technique and how you do them and whatnot.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

6/29/2013 9:34 PM

No dont. a 72.5 head angle would be treacherous. Try a bike from danscomp or veinbmx and come back here and ask which to get then.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

6/29/2013 9:41 PM

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

6/29/2013 10:34 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/29/2013 10:46 PM

THIS IS A JOKE DO NOT DO
Photo
^^^^ THIS IS A JOKE DO NOT DO IT
what does it matter that your a girl so what im sure you could lift a 24 25 lbs or whatever is the generic weight is for completes oh and sorry if im coming off as an asshole its just gets my jimmies rustled when peeps bring gender into shit that anyone boy girl or both can do with effort

|

Give props if deserved but know respect is earned.
-Anthony Flores
My Kinky Setup

6/29/2013 10:44 PM

MaximusBikes wrote:

No dont. a 72.5 head angle would be treacherous. Try a bike from danscomp or veinbmx and come back here and ask which to get then.

really? would i have to get new tires? i pretty much just blindly bought it and the bike sales dudes didnt give me advice or anything they just wanted to make a sale

|

6/29/2013 10:44 PM

whats the best head angle and is there anything else important i need to look for

|

6/30/2013 12:40 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/30/2013 12:42 AM

chelsf123 wrote:

whats the best head angle and is there anything else important i need to look for

Anything with higher degrees will be more quicker and bellow fellow Montana rider

Edit. Also look for bikes with full cromally and sealed berrings

|

Save a tree

Ride a Bike...... I am an environmentalist jk hahaha

BIKE CHECK: http://www.vitalbmx.com/community/WallmartBMX,103987/setup,83842

WATCH MY NEW EDIT IM SO PROUD OF IT!!

6/30/2013 12:52 AM

chelsf123 wrote:

Well for one its not going to steer in a quick way at all, making carving to do any spin difficult! anywhere from 74.5 and up is just right! and 74 can work just fine also!

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

6/30/2013 4:43 AM

OK, i dont like this because you said is it light enough for a beginner. not a good attitude. be ready to lift alot of weight in bmx. not because your a girl, because you sound like your depending on the bike to be light, and not yourself to be strong. no onto the bike, if you have ALOT of money, you could go to albes.com and buy all the parts of a bike. when in your cart put CUSTOM or something(its on the website) in the code thing, and you get like 20% off. i would suggest a kink curb ifyou dont have money, its 219.95 from dans.
cheers

|

6/30/2013 8:16 AM

When you buy a complete you want to look for these things!

74.5 to 75.5 Degree Head Tube Angle
Depending on your height a Top Tube between 20.5" & 21" in Length
69 to 71 Degree Seat Tube Angle
Stand Over Height between 8.25" & 9" in Height
11.5" to 11.8" Bottom Bracket Height
13" to 13.75" Chain Stay Length
Integrated Head Tube, Mid or Spanish Bottom Bracket, Heat Treated Drop Outs
Full Chromoly Frame, Fork & Handle Bars
Fully Sealed Bearings (Headset, Bottom Bracket, Hubs)
Double Walled Rims
High Pressure Tyres
3 Piece Cranks (Possibly 2 Piece if you spend enough money!)
Pivotal Seat & Post

I think that's pretty much it, if I've missed anything guys please add to my list!

|