im going to chicago and then new york. ill need a bmx

Related:
Create New Tag

5/18/2015 2:39 AM

Hey, I'm going to Chicago pretty soon and I can't bring a bike so I'm wondering if anyone can hook me up with a $100 25lb complete..
I'd also like a tour guide and all that other cool stuff, holler at me.

I'm not sure I'll be able to take the BMX from Chicago to NY so I may end up just dillydallying a couple days there, going to NY aaaand theeeen buying the bike. Idk idk

|

wallride a bus everyday

5/18/2015 9:17 AM

For $100 you'd be better off buying a bike bag such as the DK Golf or Odyssey Hawks Nest for a little bit more. Most transportation services should allow them. There is also extra room (in the DK at least, I haven't used an Odyssey one) for clothes and shit

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

5/18/2015 9:33 AM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

For $100 you'd be better off buying a bike bag such as the DK Golf or Odyssey Hawks Nest for a little bit more. Most ...more

This.

Or hit up craigslist for the area you will be in, and see what is there. Maybe you can get a solid deal, and then just UPS it back home before you leave.

A couple buddies of mine did that when they went out to PA a bunch of years ago. My buddy Josh (edited the ORCHID FOOTWEAR video) was living with Van Homan for a while while working for Little Devil, so Cole and Aaron went out and visted for a week. They UPS'd their bikes out, rode, and sent them back.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

5/18/2015 1:13 PM

ive taken my bike as carry on a million times, put it together and rode it out the airport no problem
buuuuuuut this time im hopping on a train and dont wanna risk losing my bike
fuuuuuuuuckkkkk maybe i should just ship my bike to ny since i know where ill be staying out there, and probably flying back... and ny seems like a destination i would like to have my own good bike at :0

I was also planning on selling the bike i bought out there, right before i leave

|

wallride a bus everyday

5/18/2015 1:16 PM

i suppose it will be like paying $60 to have my good bike instead of a shitty bike
i mean ive spent $75 to rent a bike for a day sooooo
yeah id be cool to have my bike in ny for hella long
i think ill ship it.

anyone wanna show me around ny?

|

wallride a bus everyday

5/18/2015 3:50 PM

buttmeate wrote:

i suppose it will be like paying $60 to have my good bike instead of a shitty bike
i mean ive spent $75 to rent a bike for a ...more

Honestly I would look at the costs. Shipping there and back will be like 120 bucks round trip, depending on weight/size etc. Hence the suggestion of the DK GOLF BAG that you could put your bike in and fly there.

Shipping will vary based on what you tell them the value of the bike inside is, they WILL ask for insurance. And if it is lost you are SOL and get the insurance amount you said it was worth. The higher amount you say will be a higher cost to ship. A buddy said his was 500, cost him around 50 to ship ONE WAY.

I would make sure to get tracking info.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

5/18/2015 5:45 PM

I shipped a complete back to Dans for $34.

|

5/18/2015 6:49 PM

I will be shipping it there in a frame box (hope it fits)

i will be flying back and can just stuff half my bike into a $7 duffel bag from salvation army and attach the wheels to my carry on luggage

|

wallride a bus everyday

5/26/2015 2:40 PM

So it will be $200 to get my bike here by the end of the week. I just bought a beater MTb for $50 and will try and cop a BMX off CL for under 100 asap, wish me luck.
drinking a beer at the bar next to the coop which should open in an hour, I hope they let me fix this bike there.
fuck I need a bmx
I don't know how long I can stay here for. Girl doesn't seem amped on me in her bed for a month straight

|

wallride a bus everyday

5/26/2015 2:41 PM

And I still need peeps to ride with. I'm staying a couple blocks of mccarren park

|

wallride a bus everyday