im not one to rant but

Related:
Create New Tag

5/14/2012 9:29 PM

I'm tired of the people around me copying my bike. For example, this kids parents bought him a brand new bike and he got the same forks and almost the same exact wheel set as mine other then the back hub. Other kids want to get the same rims as me (rollcages) yeah they are a good rim but there are plenty of other good ones that you could get. And more recently I got a new stem and I got a topload so my bars would be higher and now 2 of the kids I ride with have topload stems, even though their bars are high enough as it is.

Basically what I am saying is thatpeople need to step outside of the box and try new things, not just copy others and follow the crowd, its better to be unique and have your own style of bike, why would you want to copy someone else's bike./rant

|

refs- Tommyboy,mandingo215, lobo173, prophet,iridebmxeveryday,ctbmx86,1of1547,Warchol2,white knight,branBMX94,JakeSalbert

Subscribe to me on Youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/user/senika5634?feature=mhee

5/14/2012 9:32 PM

Maybe they like how you ride or like how your bike looks and they want to try and have theirs look as good as yours. People may copy you because they look up to you and trust that you make good choices in products.

|

5/14/2012 9:34 PM

Maybe your not so original afterall.. Rollcages and topload stems sure arnt to uncommon.. haha.

|

5/14/2012 9:37 PM

SoCalShreds wrote:

Maybe your not so original afterall.. Rollcages and topload stems sure arnt to uncommon.. haha.

boom

|

[LINK TO IMAGE]

follow me on instagram! @neck_brace
also go like my media page on facebook! jiraffe media
also follow jiraffe media on insta! @jiraffe_media

5/14/2012 9:42 PM

there's not really any setup copycats of me in my town, but there is this unintentional color scheme copycat. I got a blue frame, he got a blue frame. he got gold rims, then I got gold rims. the rest of the colors differ but it was completely unintentional, we don't even ride together and didn't realize it until afterwards but he doesn't like me and doesn't say anything to me if he ends up riding with the people I do when I'm with them.

|

5/14/2012 9:43 PM

lol, this is one reason why i ride a haro. i say haro to someone and theyre like ewwww fuck haro they suck. But im loyal to haro. never had an issue ever.

|

"Forget 'today', 'today' is just tomorrow, disguised as yesterday"
TRANSPORTATION CHECK
Refs: ThrowAfit, 2funny4u, ridebmx456, spikez5, irideafly and a bunch of others, I'M LEGIT.
email= element4all@yahoo.com
facebook.
Instagram

5/14/2012 9:46 PM

element4all wrote:

lol, this is one reason why i ride a haro. i say haro to someone and theyre like ewwww fuck haro they suck. But im loyal to haro. never had an issue ever.

haro's good stuff, fuck what others say! haha but I agree, I'm the only one in my town, and area that I know of for that matter, that rides a KHE frame. It's definitely unique

|

5/14/2012 9:48 PM

element4all wrote:

sundaybmxRR wrote:

haro's good stuff, fuck what others say! haha but I agree, I'm the only one in my town, and area that I know of for that matter, that rides a KHE frame. It's definitely unique

my friend used to have one until it got ran over by a car.

|

"Forget 'today', 'today' is just tomorrow, disguised as yesterday"
TRANSPORTATION CHECK
Refs: ThrowAfit, 2funny4u, ridebmx456, spikez5, irideafly and a bunch of others, I'M LEGIT.
email= element4all@yahoo.com
facebook.
Instagram

5/14/2012 10:18 PM

They look up to you man, see it as a good thing.

|

5/14/2012 10:44 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/14/2012 10:44 PM

haha I helped my friend get a setup exactly like mine.
[LINK TO IMAGE]

|

5/15/2012 5:36 AM

alot of the kids in my town ride fit or kink cause thats what i sell them from the shop

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

5/15/2012 5:59 AM

I must say i think everytone around here actually tries to not copy each other. Our riding group is all super close though so maybe a little different than little kids copying you.

|

5/15/2012 8:08 AM

The group i ride with the only parts copied are our grips and that's just because we all prefer them not because anyone else has them. No one in my small group even has the same frame brand

|

5/15/2012 8:16 AM

my bike is different to every one else's near me. high slim seat, gyro (that i got from america and you cant get the colours in England) and egg plant frame forks bars and spokes then all black

|

parkrat.

5/15/2012 12:29 PM

Local fad is fbm. We all got one. But I'm the only with a berserker, bird ages, any subrosa parts and now red wall kink tires

|

I seek progression, not perfection.

Refs:Beastassdickwink~Dk/oldschool908~TheLilozzy~jaypee23~Bstick~agfracing~MoyBoy5~RIDE a BIKE~wade5~Mattmuldoon@hotmail.com x2~jakebikes~ joe loves shadow~ diss diqq~ k1ng~fly for life x2~spikez5~four~jb07~mike duda~ DORbmx~ bobPA~superstarDK

5/15/2012 1:18 PM

SoCalShreds wrote:

i know that people have them but just the fact that he got the exact same front wheel as me and then the same rear rim and a different hub, i mean comeon. there are so many front hubs to choose from.

|

refs- Tommyboy,mandingo215, lobo173, prophet,iridebmxeveryday,ctbmx86,1of1547,Warchol2,white knight,branBMX94,JakeSalbert

5/15/2012 2:12 PM

Just throwing this out there, if you are brakeless, have a slammed seat and large bars, you are basically copying 99% of the riding population right now who have been riding longer than you, same goes for skinny jeans, v necks, sagging those skinnies, wearing a damn stocking hat in the summer, and so on.

I understand your issue, a local kid wants my exact frame, color scheme and so on. Just roll with it. If they get it, don't worry, they just wanna be like you.

The ONLY way to get them to not get your setup is to get stuff they either have no chance of getting (aka get your parts powdercoated a unique color), raise your seat, throw brakes on, run a coaster, do no pegs or multiple pegs if they aren't running that stuff.

My setup is unique as no one will match a lot of it exactly because I have a fist of seat post, brakes that I painted, 1 white spoke in the front wheel and a few other things. That way I can be a little unique even if some putz kid gets exactly what I ride.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

5/15/2012 3:37 PM

i always let that person know if im getting the same part as them, haha

|

✞ ♕ ⓄⒻⓌⒼⓀⓉⒶ ♕ ✞
email: nctesio@gmail.com
EPIC bikecheck!
FOLLOW ME @nathanxflex
Imagine there's no heaven, It's easy if you try. No hell below us, Above us only sky - John Lennon
&party and bullshit
&party and bullshit
&party and bullshit

5/15/2012 3:41 PM

i got a fist of post and brakes, 8" bars, topload, 1.95 in the rear

|

5/15/2012 3:57 PM

I got hugeass tires, topload, big bars (8.5s), and a raw frame. Noone else around here has anything like that lol.

All my friends ride all kinds of completes with a few changes.

|

Refs: Future FBM, Warchol2 WtfKennethXp Riversiderider TCbmx Riversiderider JakeSalbert

5/15/2012 4:02 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/15/2012 4:03 PM

Almost everyone in my riding area rides Grim Reapers, Shadow Screams, Verde seats, Longnecks, and Mission wheels.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

5/15/2012 5:04 PM

get a barcode, no one will copy you

|

Swoop it motherfuckas

5/15/2012 5:26 PM

theres some little wank sock on youtube copying my set up.

|

Trails not Rails

E21 - Resto + E30 340i M60 v8 build + E36 328ti Daily skidder

5/15/2012 5:30 PM

my friend does the same thing! what can i do?? hhahahahah i think he looks up to me!

|

HELLLLLL YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA ARGENITA

5/15/2012 6:12 PM

Sorry if this is a bit of a thread jack but I have had five or six little kids in the past 2 months or so tell me that I have a nice fit. I love my bike so thats not what I have a problem with. The thing is that its not a Fit, its a Premium. When i tell the kids that it actually isn't a fit that its a premium that i have slowly built up with every part exactly how I want it. They then reply by saying that I should sell my bike and get a fit because fit completes are the best bikes ever. I feel like this shouldn't be a big deal but it happens so much and it drives me off the wall. Am i the only one who has had this happen?

|

5/15/2012 6:16 PM

illusionist wrote:

Sorry if this is a bit of a thread jack but I have had five or six little kids in the past 2 months or so tell me that I have a nice fit. I love my bike so thats not what I have a problem with. The thing is that its not a Fit, its a Premium. When i tell the kids that it actually isn't a fit that its a premium that i have slowly built up with every part exactly how I want it. They then reply by saying that I should sell my bike and get a fit because fit completes are the best bikes ever. I feel like this shouldn't be a big deal but it happens so much and it drives me off the wall. Am i the only one who has had this happen?

Like everone in my town has fit completes and I started out with one Im still riding the 20tt piece of shit. Fit has really nice stuff but to be honest they're completes aren't that amazing.

|

"You might want to get some knee pads and a family pack of chapstick, I'm afraid its going to be a long night for you".-Austin_Read

5/15/2012 8:37 PM

i recommend parts to my friends. my buddy tyler got the same back rim, same front hub, same cranks, same forks, same tires, same headset, same bottom bracket, same grips, same pedals.... who cares? they're good parts.

|

All my edits are iPhone edits...

last member of the week ever

G-SPORT - S&M - FIT - ODYSSEY

5/15/2012 8:39 PM

illusionist wrote:

Haha I literally just had a kid tell me that Mirraco bikes are the best completes, and that Eastern is garbage despite him having had only a cobra that he never took care of...

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

5/15/2012 8:55 PM

I have s&m slam bars which aren't big at all, most people around here actually call them small, I got my topload to get more rise without having to get wider bars. I know that there are basic trends and they might be looking up to me but its just annoying, and they are only a year younger then me and they are both actually pretty good.

Today I bought some plastic pedals so that I can ride in the summer without destroying my shins and the kid who has half my bike ( also currently has the same petals as me) so I told him I was getting these pedals and immediately he says "Oh yeah I want to do that too" its just rediclious.

|

5/15/2012 11:33 PM

Skooter wrote:

i recommend parts to my friends. my buddy tyler got the same back rim, same front hub, same cranks, same forks, same tires, same headset, same bottom bracket, same grips, same pedals.... who cares? they're good parts.

pretty much everyone in hamburg has had alot of the same parts...

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "