in theory?

Related:
Create New Tag

7/3/2013 1:00 PM

theoretically would 3/8 w/ adaptors be about the same strength as 14mm once its all tightened?

any street riders have 3/8 female rears on here???

pros/cons of the setup?

help please... smile

|

Refs:
Bought from: Tito24, tinybikerider33 (x2), RideBikesYoo, hookjrclc, MrHavoc1988, ScramHype, BigOleMonster
Sold to: Jared42069 (x2), Sancheezz, blueep3piece, Marco_Gonzalez, Riverside Rider, HardBMX_Tim
Traded: tomdon
Hooked me up: zachhendrix, oscar7588

Personal Email: snmloverbmx@hotmail.com
n-dür product info/ order email: ndur_bmx@outlook.com
n-dür on facebook

7/3/2013 1:03 PM

I highly doubt that.
I don't see any pros in riding 3/8" rear unless you're a pegless rider.

|

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

7/3/2013 1:14 PM

lol and there is An1mal ridin a coaster and 4 pegs... Hey been a while bro.

|

Bruh

7/3/2013 1:31 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/3/2013 1:34 PM

Well I think pretty much everyone runs 3/8ths Females in the front. Depends on what hub you have really. I know of plenty of people that run the 3/8ths Ratchet conversion & they hold up to SAVAGE peg abuse. But if you're running a hub with a 15mm Alloy Axle threaded for 3/8ths Bolts it would definitely be questionable strength wise! Make sure it has at least a 17mm inner axle & if you can get Heat Treated CRMO bolts (G-Sport for example) You'll be set!

Edit: Basically if you get a G-Sport Ratchet with a 3/8ths Conversion or an Odyssey Antigram with the 3/8ths Kit you should be good, i cant really comment on other hubs tbh.

|

7/3/2013 1:55 PM

why does everyone act like 3/8 is weak for the rear wheel? it's fucking not. it works for the front. i rode a 3/8 raptor, not the btr, the actual raptor just fine. yes the adapters make the strength equal out. 95% of my riding involves pegs and never a problem. i ran a primo dsg with it too. so my bolts had to hold on the wheel, the pegs, take all the peg abuse, and abuse from the dsg. it was fine. 3/8 female in the rear wouldnt have lasted this long if it wasnt a good idea or wasnt safe.

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

7/3/2013 2:06 PM

Allot of pros ride profile 3/8 in the rear

|

Albes Is Rad!!!
Bike Check
YouTube
Instagram
Blood Life
Signature Trick : Foot Plant Whip
future FBM wrote: Finally once we can share a momen
andyferly wrote: OneEyeIlluminatiGuy has spoken.
These bars are officially stupid.

7/3/2013 2:08 PM

Btw adapters aren't going to do shit unless you have steel ones and run them on the inside of the dropouts and use 3/8 pegs

|

Albes Is Rad!!!
Bike Check
YouTube
Instagram
Blood Life
Signature Trick : Foot Plant Whip
future FBM wrote: Finally once we can share a momen
andyferly wrote: OneEyeIlluminatiGuy has spoken.
These bars are officially stupid.

7/4/2013 10:29 AM

Zach P-D wrote:

lol and there is An1mal ridin a coaster and 4 pegs... Hey been a while bro.

yeah. lol im thinking about a bsd street rear hub... but polished and lhd is 3/8 female only

|

Refs:
Bought from: Tito24, tinybikerider33 (x2), RideBikesYoo, hookjrclc, MrHavoc1988, ScramHype, BigOleMonster
Sold to: Jared42069 (x2), Sancheezz, blueep3piece, Marco_Gonzalez, Riverside Rider, HardBMX_Tim

n-dür on facebook

7/4/2013 10:30 AM

nice.

|

Bruh

7/4/2013 10:32 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/4/2013 10:33 AM

zach my gold ran out so i made a new gamertag treebmxer

|

Refs:

n-dür on facebook

7/4/2013 10:47 AM

ok man i'll ad ya now

|

Bruh

7/4/2013 11:10 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/4/2013 11:12 AM

If you are talking about female hubs I would say what matters most is the material and diameter of the inner axle.
Sure 3/8" bolts will be more prone to breaking than 14mm bolts, but it's the inner axle strength that really counts.

As for male hubs, I wouldn't run a 3/8" hub in the rear with pegs but that's just me.

|