is it bad?

Related:
Create New Tag

12/9/2010 12:34 PM

After riding my bike today I noticed that my fork is bent back wards. There is no problem riding the bike but when you look at it, it is more than noticable. So now to the question, Should just continue riding it, buy new ones or just bend it the opposite direction?

Thanks
/C

|

12/9/2010 12:37 PM

you could bend them back, but that would reduce the strength, but yeah they'll last for a bit. it would save you alot of hassle if you just go and get new forks

|

12/9/2010 12:43 PM

yeah, kind of low on cash right now and i need to buy other new parts.
Is the strength reduced right now or will i be fine riding it?

|

12/9/2010 12:46 PM

That's a tough one. I would just ride them and save up the cash for new ones in the mean time.
I don't know if you should bend them back or not though...

|

Refs: ~Stolen Boy~, Brokenbmx(x2), Warchol2, nitrojimbo, Cjmdawg, _brendan, handlebar-to-face

12/9/2010 12:53 PM

\BMX-1995/ wrote:

That's a tough one. I would just ride them and save up the cash for new ones in the mean time.

yeah that was what i was thinking.

At first i thought about ghosting it in to a wall with the wheel turned the wrong way, but after considering it a second time i came to the conclusion that that might crack it but i dont know dizzy

|

12/9/2010 12:57 PM

CARL wrote:

At first i thought about ghosting it in to a wall with the wheel turned the wrong way, but after considering it a second time i came to the conclusion that that might crack it but i dont know dizzy

I would just leave it be as long as your steering isn't affected.
Then when they break, hopefully you will have enough money to replace.

|

Refs: ~Stolen Boy~, Brokenbmx(x2), Warchol2, nitrojimbo, Cjmdawg, _brendan, handlebar-to-face

12/9/2010 12:59 PM

i bent my forks forward and i rode for a couple of weeks until i could afford new ones.

|

12/9/2010 1:00 PM

\BMX-1995/ wrote:

CARL wrote:

\BMX-1995/ wrote:

this^^

and when they break i hope it doesnt involve a trip to the ER for u

|

Check Profile for 24 Refs!

Chicago BMX Video!!

12/9/2010 1:04 PM

CARL wrote:

\BMX-1995/ wrote:

~Stolen Boy~ wrote:

this^^

not really keen on eating dirt so i think ill replace them before they snapp tongue

A friend is selling strands for less than half price, should i buy them?

|

12/9/2010 1:10 PM

what do u have, stock forks? cause if any other forks bent like that, i would give an angry call to the company about their shitty-ass forks!

|

12/9/2010 1:11 PM

\BMX-1995/ wrote:

~Stolen Boy~ wrote:

this^^

CARL wrote:

not really keen on eating dirt so i think ill replace them before they snapp tongue

yea i would say get them or you might be visting the ER sometime soon

|

REFS: Drnwag irideafly sunday.bmx21 8=D xlilkillaluc15x Dennis916 Blake El Gingero mattjmuldoon@hotmail.com netty speghetti kr00253 bstick Dudeisdrumer109

pcoco ticaleb

12/9/2010 1:29 PM

JKbmx09 wrote:

what do u have, stock forks? cause if any other forks bent like that, i would give an angry call to the company about their shitty-ass forks!

yeah stock forks, 4130 chromoly though so they shouldnt bend like that.

|

12/9/2010 1:31 PM

~Stolen Boy~ wrote:

this^^

CARL wrote:

vanny wrote:

yea i would say get them or you might be visting the ER sometime soon

hahah, you think they will snap that easily?

|

12/9/2010 1:57 PM

are they actually bent backwards, or is it just the rake? some forks come at a slight angle, my united forks are like that

|

12/9/2010 2:02 PM

i have the opposite problem, mine are bent forwards sad

|

i'm just here to chill

12/9/2010 2:07 PM

bermybmxer wrote:

are they actually bent backwards, or is it just the rake? some forks come at a slight angle, my united forks are like that

yeah they are. The actuall bend is right in the middle of the fork so its not equally bent. Looks kind of like a banana.

|

12/9/2010 2:08 PM

bmx-crawfo wrote:

wanna trade? I'll give you half my backward bend and youll give me half your forward wink

|

12/9/2010 2:10 PM

bmx-crawfo wrote:

CARL wrote:

wanna trade? I'll give you half my backward bend and youll give me half your forward wink

pictoorz of this banana shaped fork? sounds interesting.

|

[LINK TO IMAGE]
REFs: Vanny, brenden1207, Spikez5

12/9/2010 2:13 PM

yeah bending on stock forks tends to happen alot on alot of stock parts so yeah i recommend just getting new ones.
my friend cracked his once and he emailed the company about it and they sold him some aftermarket forks for a great deal so i think you should maybe call or email and see what happens.

|

12/9/2010 2:13 PM

yeah bending on stock forks tends to happen alot on alot of stock parts so yeah i recommend just getting new ones.
my friend cracked his once and he emailed the company about it and they sold him some aftermarket forks for a great deal so i think you should maybe call or email and see what happens.

|

12/9/2010 3:03 PM

Photo
is it just me or can you see it to? It looks even more bent in reality.
|

12/9/2010 3:06 PM

CARL wrote: Photo

ohh thats not that bad i was like expecting your wheel to be touching the down tube
hahahah

|

[LINK TO IMAGE]

12/9/2010 3:07 PM

Photo
|

12/9/2010 4:36 PM

it looks like if u mess up one time ur done :/

|

refs: irideFLY,dave805(x4),meanwun(X2),throwAfit(2),xslickshoeslx,legendsx23,bmxing12,falconsivan(1) secound time scam!,etschmall,NOXPLODE/austin,aguers.
email-dylanmitchell286@yahoo.com

12/10/2010 12:14 AM

CARL wrote: Photo

Dennis916 wrote:

ohh thats not that bad i was like expecting your wheel to be touching the down tube
hahahah

hahaha naaaw then i wouldnt even consider riding ittongue

|

12/10/2010 12:23 AM

i would just not seriously

|

[LINK TO IMAGE]

12/10/2010 12:27 AM

I'd just email who ever makes them and see what they say.
And what bmx-1995 said, save up for some new forks but keep riding these for now.

|

12/10/2010 12:32 AM

there stock forksss....

|

[LINK TO IMAGE]

12/10/2010 12:44 AM

Dennis916 wrote:

there stock forksss....

Oh, haha, i didn't read one post throughout the whole thread and it must have been the post that said that blush

|

12/10/2010 1:09 AM

bmx-crawfo wrote:

mine same as this ive been riding them for about a month now saving for new ones

|