is it bad to...

Related:
Create New Tag

1/4/2007 7:52 PM

is it bad to pinch the seat with your knees or hug the seat with your knees whatever people call it when u barspin or whatever couse i tryd not to and i fell right on my back i tryd it like 20 times is there some practice or something so i can get use to doing it without huggin seat or is it a good thing couse i can do tripple barspins by hugging but i would still like to get use to it without out hugging so if there is anything i can do to practice or get good balance plz reply thanks

|

1/4/2007 8:26 PM

hey guys im sry if im spamming this but i cant help it i am a questions person i need to no and bmx is my drug cant live without it

i have a Rockstar PRO 2005/06 cant remeber what but i dont no should i get a new chainwheel or something and my crank wont spin backwards verry fast i flip it my hardest and it gos about half way i want to do my crank flips what shoul i do does it just need oil or something i been putting chain lube on it but hasnt done any thing or do i need to work it its a new bike i have been riding it for about 3 days but i been riding a whole lot any advice would help thanks r u guy s mad at me no one has been replying to my stuff??

|

1/4/2007 11:02 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/14/2016 3:50 PM

k first off no ones going to get mad at u for posting on a forum and second "pinching" the seat is done by alot of people like ryan nyquist for example, but some people cant pinch so they do without it. its different between people. whatever feels best

Post edited by: clay_w_bike, at: 2007/01/05 07:03

|

1/5/2007 5:02 AM

clay_w_bike wrote:

k first off no ones going to get mad at u for posting on a forum and second "pinching" the seat is done by alot of people like ryan nyquist for example, but some people cant pinch so they do without it. its different between people. whatever feels best

pinching the seat:

lots of pros do it, lately I've seen alot of vids and people aren't. I think it's just personal preference and ability. Again people like Ryan Nyquist and Dave Mirra use the seat pinching technique. The guys that don't pinch, seem to spin their bars really fast. They lean back enough to make most of their weight over the rear tire.

hope that helps.

|

I'm not ignorant, I'm just working on my senelity.

1/5/2007 5:13 AM

clay_w_bike wrote:

karsk wrote:

pinching the seat:

lots of pros do it, lately I've seen alot of vids and people aren't. I think it's just personal preference and ability. Again people like Ryan Nyquist and Dave Mirra use the seat pinching technique. The guys that don't pinch, seem to spin their bars really fast. They lean back enough to make most of their weight over the rear tire.

hope that helps.

about your cranks not spinning... your sprocket might be bent or your chain my be to tight. or you just might have your cranks too tight

|

1/5/2007 10:12 AM

clay_w_bike wrote:

karsk wrote:

pinching the seat:

hope that helps.

rob rides bikes wrote:

about your cranks not spinning... your sprocket might be bent or your chain my be to tight. or you just might have your cranks too tight

thanks alot guys all that stuff helped im just glad the seat pinching is a personal thing couse i cant do it and i fixed my cranksmile

|

1/5/2007 10:23 AM

karsk wrote:

pinching the seat:

hope that helps.

rob rides bikes wrote:

trickbiker169 wrote:

thanks alot guys all that stuff helped im just glad the seat pinching is a personal thing couse i cant do it and i fixed my cranksmile

good stuff. I'm just learnign barspins, and I find it easier to pinch the seat. *shrug*

|

I'm not ignorant, I'm just working on my senelity.

1/5/2007 5:50 PM

rob rides bikes wrote:

trickbiker169 wrote:

karsk wrote:

good stuff. I'm just learnign barspins, and I find it easier to pinch the seat. *shrug*

im still trying to learn barspins its hard for me because im 6'3'' and im like to tall to pinch the seat because i dont like to ride my seat high and then my legs are so long its hard to get back far enough to spin my bars without hitting them haha.

|

1/5/2007 7:07 PM

trickbiker169 wrote:

karsk wrote:

Oregon Shane wrote:

im still trying to learn barspins its hard for me because im 6'3'' and im like to tall to pinch the seat because i dont like to ride my seat high and then my legs are so long its hard to get back far enough to spin my bars without hitting them haha.

do u have a 24 bike???

|

1/6/2007 11:58 PM

karsk wrote:

Oregon Shane wrote:

trickbiker169 wrote:

do u have a 24 bike???

no i ride a 20 inch bike with a 20.5 TT which i could go bigger but im used to making small things work

|

1/7/2007 9:05 AM

Oregon Shane wrote:

trickbiker169 wrote:

do u have a 24 bike???

Oregon Shane wrote:

no i ride a 20 inch bike with a 20.5 TT which i could go bigger but im used to making small things work

Exact situation I'm in haha. I can't pinch my seat at all, I've got it slammed so it comes 2/3rds of the way up my shins.

|

1/7/2007 9:55 PM

trickbiker169 wrote:

do u have a 24 bike???

Oregon Shane wrote:

ThisMachine wrote:

Exact situation I'm in haha. I can't pinch my seat at all, I've got it slammed so it comes 2/3rds of the way up my shins.

yeah i dont pinch my seat and im 6'2'' and it seems to work out fine for me. How i learned how to do it was dont fully bunnyhop to just a little level hop off the ground and follow the bars with the back of the throwing hand it works wonders for me

|

8/24/2009 8:07 PM

Oregon Shane wrote:

ThisMachine wrote:

bmx_street2006 wrote:

yeah i dont pinch my seat and im 6'2'' and it seems to work out fine for me. How i learned how to do it was dont fully bunnyhop to just a little level hop off the ground and follow the bars with the back of the throwing hand it works wonders for me

knli65tufigt987rfyigu7f86duyig97t8t

|