is it bad to grind with out hub guard?

Related:
Create New Tag

6/20/2007 12:00 PM

ermm [b]
|

sausage

6/20/2007 8:55 PM

Not really, if you're hitting your drop outs and the flanges of your hubs then its probably gonna cost you in the future and reduce the life of your hubs spokes and or drop outs. If you don't have problems with this then you have nothing to worry about. You can also create makeshift hubguards out of cds and things liket hat

|

6/21/2007 6:43 AM

ConspiracyBMX518 wrote:

Not really, if you're hitting your drop outs and the flanges of your hubs then its probably gonna cost you in the future and reduce the life of your hubs spokes and or drop outs. If you don't have problems with this then you have nothing to worry about. You can also create makeshift hubguards out of cds and things liket hat

if your grind clean and dont grind on you dropouts and hubs a hub guard is not necessary. it adds a little extra weight if your a weight freak to your bike. you dont have to buy a hub guard, but if you want you could

|

6/22/2007 11:08 AM

ConspiracyBMX518 wrote:

joe rides bicycles wrote:

if your grind clean and dont grind on you dropouts and hubs a hub guard is not necessary. it adds a little extra weight if your a weight freak to your bike. you dont have to buy a hub guard, but if you want you could

I bought em because im not the best grinder but when it gets to the point where i dont need them im taking them off

|

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Bicycles will break bones and parts but never hearts.

6/22/2007 4:58 PM

ConspiracyBMX518 wrote:

joe rides bicycles wrote:

TumblerBmx wrote:

I bought em because im not the best grinder but when it gets to the point where i dont need them im taking them off

G-Sport G.L.A.N.D. Period.

|

6/22/2007 8:51 PM

well i havent had any proplems and no scratches so i guess i dont need them
thanks

|

sausage

6/22/2007 9:38 PM

fmf bmx wrote:

well i havent had any proplems and no scratches so i guess i dont need them
thanks

I dont use them...although my hubs dont come in contact with anything to much. Plus one of my bikes has HUGE drop outs, so big you cant even see the hub from a side view...whatever happen to big drop outs anyway.

|

SBCdestroy

village idiot

5/9/2011 9:29 PM

you always want hub guards, because i just bent 2 spokes today and put a dent by my dropouts.. you always wanna hub guard because a 25 buck guard is alot cheaper than a 150 buck hub

|

5/9/2011 9:30 PM

Street/Flatland wrote:

you always want hub guards, because i just bent 2 spokes today and put a dent by my dropouts.. you always wanna hub guard because a 25 buck guard is alot cheaper than a 150 buck hub

dude check the date...2007

|

5/9/2011 10:36 PM

Klinezilla wrote:

G-Sport G.L.A.N.D. Period.

Dude, Glands for the win. they're cheap as fuck, and light for those "I don't want to add 5 ounces" kids haha

|

Refs: future FBM, Blake El Gingero (x2), ScramHype, Flocka Myers, bstick (x2), mwheeler2332@gmail.com, The Horror Contact

5/9/2011 11:13 PM

for the 50th time... learn to grind on your pegs and not your hub and you will be fine

|

twitter

PROBZ

5/10/2011 6:33 AM

Ya if you ride street anything without copings gonna grind on your hubs and spokes

|