is it possible to scratch a frame on flat ground?

Related:
Create New Tag

6/5/2015 3:29 AM

As the title suggests is this possible?
Cause im looking at my bike laying down and the only points of contact are tyres, bar ends and pedals..

|

Muthafuckas betta know

6/5/2015 4:05 AM

Anything a possible if u try hard enough

|

6/5/2015 4:38 AM

i mean if something gets dropped or it falls or something yeah.

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

6/5/2015 4:38 AM

Yeah, grit and crap flying off your tyres can cause chips and possible scratches if you ride street and thru wastelands if your like me.

Also if you ride thru a bush or something like that...that would do it heheh

|

6/5/2015 9:08 AM

Why does it matter?

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

6/6/2015 8:28 AM

dave lawrence wrote:

Why does it matter?

Cause who wants a scratched up frame when they don't need one? lol

|

Muthafuckas betta know

6/6/2015 9:15 AM

It isn't $50k car, it's a kid's bike that you beat up purposely.

|

6/6/2015 10:36 AM

Tom_Davis197324 wrote:

It's intention is to be put under tremendous amounts of stress and forces. If you're afraid to scratch it, maybe you should try something a little easier like FlipTrix. Seriously, if I could figure out how to do downtube grinds, I'd be all over em. I see no point in letting cosmetic damage influence the way you ride.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

6/6/2015 12:52 PM

Photo

|

Testimony and apologies

I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.

instagram
What would Jesus say: I didn't die for you to live like this!

old edit

6/6/2015 1:53 PM

Tom_Davis197324 wrote:

Ask someone who exclusively does flatland if there's anyone on here? No one likes putting scratches on their pride and joy but they're built to be ridden

|

My Ride
My Other Ride
I've sold stuff to Ecuadevil, LLURider, and Mario.villegas90 with no complaints.
IG: evildeadhands

6/6/2015 4:35 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/6/2015 4:36 PM

OneGue you're ugly.

Ive never scratched my frame on flat ground before. Its kinda cool.

|

please embed videos

My art c:

bought from: Mario.villegas90, robinson79
[b]

6/6/2015 7:22 PM

this post gave me cancer

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

6/6/2015 7:27 PM

Yes it is possible, I personally have scratched my frame riding on flat ground. Don't worry about the scratches, makes a frame look sexy! wink

|

Creating life the way we envision it!

Determination Overcomes Talent

Dot_Company Instagram

6/6/2015 7:49 PM

bmxsteve99 wrote:

this post gave me cancer

Gave me Lou Gehrig's disease.

Bikes are better with some scratches. A ridden bike is a good bike. Most of my odd scratches are from people's metal pedals when we pack them in cars.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

6/6/2015 8:41 PM

A good hunk of my scratches are from running head in intovmy friend.

|

6/6/2015 9:39 PM

This post gave me OCD.
I hate scratches.. Or Dirt
When you've spent the sort of money that could buy you a small car, why purposely wreck it?
Having said that, I don't give a shit if other people ditch their bikes in a rage. Ahhh individualism.. That's what makes this country great

|

Muthafuckas betta know

6/6/2015 9:55 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

It's intention is to be put under tremendous amounts of stress and forces. If you're afraid to scratch it, maybe you should ...more

This.

I can see not wanting to intentionally scratch it, like I wouldn't purposely take a belt sander to my frame or throw my bike into a pole repeatedly just to beat it up...

When you ride, and I mean actually ride, you're inevitably subjecting your bike to abuse every time you attempt a trick even on flat ground. If you're too worried about your frame getting scratched when it falls to the ground, I'm sorry to say, but that's a bit laughable. If you want your bike to stay completely scratch free, not riding it at all & letting it sit in a room in your home is the best bet.

|

6/6/2015 10:00 PM

If you can scratch and take chunks out of your body im sure you can with a bike to , just remember more speed !

|

6/6/2015 11:46 PM

Some people actually raw their frames and leave it outside for a while to get a bit rusty(street as fuck).

You need SKAVENGER stickers on you're frame fo sho...

I did scratch up the paint on my seat stay when learning 180's.

Wrap it up with bathroom tape to protect it from scratches. That how mtb riders do it.

|

In real life, i'm a short Perverted Azn Man.
But in the internet, i'm a killing machine with 10 years MMA training experience.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
(͡O╭͜ʖ╮͡O)

6/7/2015 1:13 AM

Time to go Shane Weston the shit outta my bike.. It's become clear to me now that unless it looks like you shop in scratch and dent section, you're shit.

|

Muthafuckas betta know

6/7/2015 1:46 AM

Tom_Davis197324 wrote:

Time to go Shane Weston the shit outta my bike.. It's become clear to me now that unless it looks like you shop in scratch and ...more

That's the attitude.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

6/7/2015 4:10 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

This.

I can see not wanting to intentionally scratch it, like I wouldn't purposely take a belt sander to my frame or throw ...more

M8...

|

"Let it be heard: FOUR IS BACK MUH FUCKAZ"
Refs: Mobking, four, tomdon, Sickdude, xxOhioanxx onetrykid Krisner BMX
FBM Pizza Beer Roast Machine

6/7/2015 5:04 PM

cro tec wrote:

OneGue you're ugly.

Are you a female?
if not stop checking me out FAG!!!!

|

Testimony and apologies

I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.

instagram
What would Jesus say: I didn't die for you to live like this!

old edit

6/8/2015 9:29 AM

cro tec wrote:

OneGue you're ugly.

OneGuyIlluminatiEye wrote:

Are you a female?
if not stop checking me out FAG!!!!

grin
|

please embed videos

My art c:

bought from: Mario.villegas90, robinson79
[b]

6/8/2015 11:55 AM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

This.

I can see not wanting to intentionally scratch it, like I wouldn't purposely take a belt sander to my frame or throw ...more

THIS.

Alternately get a Chrome setup, as it is typically more durable than the usual paint.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura