is this a good setup in your opinion??

Related:
Create New Tag

4/14/2014 5:47 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/14/2014 4:49 PM

I've be wanting to upgrade for quite some time now and looking at making a custom, I ride park and trails mostly but still like to do street occasionally, I'm a lighter rider and want something light so it's easier to flick around and stuff. here is a setup that I've been thinking about.

get a stock 2011 colony lowcut COMPLETE from action village (want a lowcut bike)
add
-demolition elite fork
-kink human bars (I like wide ish bars)
-thermalite sp pedals
-gsport birdcage front and rear
-fit LoBolt seat
-demolition momentum tires front and rear in 2.35
-thermalite seat post
-cult dehart grips
-odessy slick cable

was looking for some light parts and turns it'll be about 8.5 kg :0, may get some pegs do you think it's a good setup remembering I'm super light and won't be braking any thing soon. oh and I'm 5'8 and the tt is 20.85. thanks!!

|

4/14/2014 5:59 AM

For frame fork and bars, make sure as much as possible is Chromoly. Rims should be double walls. Sealed bearings as well. Outside of that, go nuts.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

4/14/2014 8:05 AM

If you ride trails, DON'T EVER GET MOMENTUMS!!!!! Worst tire for dirt on the planet.

|

"Let it be heard: FOUR IS BACK MUH FUCKAZ"
Refs: Mobking, four, tomdon, Sickdude, xxOhioanxx onetrykid Krisner BMX
FBM Pizza Beer Roast Machine

4/14/2014 8:11 AM

SEems legit.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

4/14/2014 8:15 AM

Collin_McClenahan wrote:

If you ride trails, DON'T EVER GET MOMENTUMS!!!!! Worst tire for dirt on the planet.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

4/14/2014 9:21 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/14/2014 9:23 AM

Collin_McClenahan wrote:

Primo Comet.

Primo Wall.

Pretty much any "street" tire.

My momentums have been fine on anything but sandy dirt.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

4/14/2014 2:01 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/14/2014 3:11 PM

Collin_McClenahan wrote:

I run fit faf in the front and animal tww in the back. Works good on everything for me. If it were me id get rollcages over birdcages. You're forgetting hubs and a stem. Looks solid tho, enjoy. Also, dont worry about the weight. Im ridin an og sunday wave with 4 pegs which is heavier than your average bike and I dont like how light some of my friends bikes are. Too light makes everything a little jerky for me whereas my slightly heavy bike keeps things more fluid, at least in my case.

|

References - jared42069

4/14/2014 2:38 PM

I didnt notice the tires. I wouldnt get them. Much better tires out there. If you want light ones go for p-lytes hawks.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

4/14/2014 3:02 PM

Collin_McClenahan wrote:

dave lawrence wrote:

Primo Comet.

Primo Wall.

Yeah i live in the dusty southwest. All the dirt here is sandy. I had a Momentum for a bit and whenever I went to trails it was shit.

|

4/14/2014 4:48 PM

Collin_McClenahan wrote:

rmcguinn wrote:

I run fit faf in the front and animal tww in the back. Works good on everything for me. If it were me id get rollcages over ...more

the hubs are the stock one, and the dirt I ride is grippy as and you can pretty much run slicks

|

4/14/2014 4:55 PM

my previous bmx was a fit vh1, pretty good but then I moved to a ns capital2 in a 24' version and set it up for park and street but it's abit to big to flick around so I want another 20"

|

4/14/2014 5:59 PM

Brighty_bmx wrote:

my previous bmx was a fit vh1, pretty good but then I moved to a ns capital2 in a 24' version and set it up for park and ...more

are you selling the capitol? And I would still probably get Machete's over Momentums

|

4/14/2014 7:42 PM

Collin_McClenahan wrote:

dave lawrence wrote:

Primo Comet.

Primo Wall.

I rode dirt for a while and only ever used Comets,
Only slid out 100 times but was lovely

|

The first breath is the beginning of death

4/14/2014 8:40 PM

Brighty_bmx wrote:

my previous bmx was a fit vh1, pretty good but then I moved to a ns capital2 in a 24' version and set it up for park and ...more

Collin_McClenahan wrote:

are you selling the capitol? And I would still probably get Machete's over Momentums

nah going to keep it for dirt jumping

|