is this fixable ha

Related:
Create New Tag

2/5/2015 10:18 AM

|

Testimony and apologies

I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.

instagram
What would Jesus say: I didn't die for you to live like this!

old edit

2/5/2015 10:29 AM

Fixable? Doesn't look like anything needs to be fixed.

|

2/5/2015 10:33 AM

if you mean trued? yeah. of course lol

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

2/5/2015 10:42 AM

True enough.

|

2/5/2015 10:47 AM

that was with the spokes all tightened evenly
right now there all loose and idk what do to to get this thing straight

|

Testimony and apologies

I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.

instagram

old edit

2/5/2015 10:51 AM

OneGuyIlluminatiEye wrote:

that was with the spokes all tightened evenly
right now there all loose and idk what do to to get this thing straight

YouTube.

|

2/5/2015 10:53 AM

Are you sure your spokes are the correct length? I've never seen a wheel that far out with even tension.

|

2/5/2015 11:04 AM

http://sheldonbrown.com/wheelbuild.html this old dude will share his wisdom. the rim is fine, you just didn't tension them evenly in the right order. if you really want to get precise, get the Park Tools tension meter from your lbs. once you lace a few wheels, you can tension it straight by eyeball

|

2/5/2015 3:40 PM

Hand tight all the way around, make sure it doesnt have major hops or wobbles, then 1/2 turn for a lap around the rim, then 1/4 turn around it until they are tensioned correctly.

In theory that should make a decently true rim.

But sometimes hand tight isn't even.

Youtube is a great resource for truing wheels.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

2/5/2015 4:09 PM

Velo/Raptor wrote:

http://sheldonbrown.com/wheelbuild.html this old dude will share his wisdom. the rim is fine, you just didn't tension them ...more

He died.

|

2/5/2015 4:20 PM

biggybuggy wrote:

He died.

but his wisdom lives on

|

2/5/2015 5:46 PM

15 bucks at a shop perfectly straight

|

"The D.O.P.S. System"
DK, Odyssey, Profile, Shadow.
check out my bike check
@ethanbrackett
@powersbikeshop

2/5/2015 11:06 PM

Velo/Raptor wrote:

http://sheldonbrown.com/wheelbuild.html this old dude will share his wisdom. the rim is fine, you just didn't tension them ...more

biggybuggy wrote:

He died.

Velo/Raptor wrote:

but his wisdom lives on

Very true. Sheldon and his bike knowledge, I use it often.

|

2/6/2015 1:15 AM

dave lawrence wrote:

Hand tight all the way around, make sure it doesnt have major hops or wobbles, then 1/2 turn for a lap around the rim, then ...more

this, execpt instead of hand tight, i use the threads as a gauge for getting them roughly the same point.

|

NEW Bike check
That InstaGram ting - @EddiMundo
Raw Clips Edit

KriB Life YouTube channel (Click on the pic!)

2/6/2015 4:08 PM

Yes.

loosen all the spokes until you can see the threads then get them all even (so like threads just level with the end of the nipple.

Then start at the valve hole and work your way round the wheel adding the same number of turns to every single spoke. Go slowly. and just add a few turns each time. Go round and round the wheel until you start to feel the spokes coming tight. With a good rim and hub it should be within a couple of mm of true by the end.

Good luck.

G.

|

2/6/2015 4:13 PM

i don't believe this wheel has all the proper length spokes

|

Testimony and apologies

instagram

old edit