jeans caught in chain solutions ?

Related:
Create New Tag

9/15/2014 12:31 PM

it happens to me all the time , yesterday i went to 180 a four stair and when i landed my jeans were caught in the sprocket and i ate it . even when i cuff up the bottom it still happens , any of u guys got any solutions ?

i ushaully wear slim staright jeans so there not too baggy

|

9/15/2014 12:39 PM

Buy skinnier jeans such as Levi's 5'11s and/or roll them up past your ankle like Brandon Begin does pretty often. I personally think it looks stupid but I do it when I have that problem.

|

"If you can't beat me on a bike, beat me off." -Will Stock

YouTube
Instagram (@WillStockSucks)

9/15/2014 12:42 PM

Some people tie a bandana around their ankle to keep it from doing that but then I guess it looks like you're in a gang to some people haha.

I wear the same exact kind of pants all the time, never once had this problem for years now until the other day when it happened like 3 days in a row, then just stopped. It was weird.

|

9/15/2014 12:48 PM

This has only ever happened to me when i wore baggy jeans. It happens to my shoelaces a lot though which is why i tie them behind my ankle now.

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG
@curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop

9/15/2014 12:53 PM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

This has only ever happened to me when i wore baggy jeans. It happens to my shoelaces a lot though which is why i tie them ...more

I ripped both laces on my Janoski's ($80) within the first day of riding in them.

|

"If you can't beat me on a bike, beat me off." -Will Stock

YouTube
Instagram (@WillStockSucks)

9/15/2014 1:15 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Some people tie a bandana around their ankle to keep it from doing that but then I guess it looks like you're in a gang to ...more

Used to use bandanas all the time they work good , those where in the baggy jeans days though

|

9/15/2014 1:45 PM

Basketball shorts.

|

bikes destroy vlogs.

ref: slade_vincent, shutta, ecuadevil, theprophet, blackmammoth, sfb, element4all, bmx-junkie, kurtnut, nickg, jessebmx, dontDELETE, krbmx17, ninjacat, freddydapice, waanng, ivan, scramhype, motogrizz, tomdon, dream, hatebreeder, noendinsight666, asilva, wolfen, superstarDK, skubasteve, aebasher, many more.

9/15/2014 2:03 PM

howlerfbm wrote:

Basketball shorts.

+1

Fuck riding in jeans

|

It’s all bmx

9/15/2014 2:09 PM

howlerfbm wrote:

Basketball shorts.

adamnmexican wrote:

+1

Fuck riding in jeans

^you know it. I have yet to find pants that aren't insanely uncomfortable to ride in. Shorts suck if you crash or if the pedals swing around and get your legs, but I'm more prone to crash in pants anyways, so it evens out.

|

bikes destroy vlogs.

ref: slade_vincent, shutta, ecuadevil, theprophet, blackmammoth, sfb, element4all, bmx-junkie, kurtnut, nickg, jessebmx, dontDELETE, krbmx17, ninjacat, freddydapice, waanng, ivan, scramhype, motogrizz, tomdon, dream, hatebreeder, noendinsight666, asilva, wolfen, superstarDK, skubasteve, aebasher, many more.

9/15/2014 3:19 PM

Bicycle leg band/strip

|

9/15/2014 3:20 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/15/2014 3:22 PM

I've never caught any of the jeans I bought that actually fit in my chain and they're not uncomfortable to me, then again I've been buying the same Levi 508 31 32's since I started riding. If my jeans were slightly tighter I'd be even happier.
Shoelaces get tied inside my shoes behind the tongue and ends tucked under/beside my feet.

|

Instagram

Refs:tomdon x4,Xxohioanxx,BigCurn, Don't remember the rest

9/15/2014 3:54 PM

howlerfbm wrote:

Basketball shorts.

adamnmexican wrote:

+1

Fuck riding in jeans

howlerfbm wrote:

^you know it. I have yet to find pants that aren't insanely uncomfortable to ride in. Shorts suck if you crash or if the ...more

Volcom jeans. They're stretchy.

|

9/15/2014 5:10 PM

Stocksy wrote:

Buy skinnier jeans such as Levi's 5'11s and/or roll them up past your ankle like Brandon Begin does pretty often. I personally ...more

i do that sometimes i feel like i look stupid though haha

|

9/15/2014 5:10 PM

howlerfbm wrote:

Basketball shorts.

adamnmexican wrote:

+1

Fuck riding in jeans

howlerfbm wrote:

^you know it. I have yet to find pants that aren't insanely uncomfortable to ride in. Shorts suck if you crash or if the ...more

wish i could ride in shorts but winters coming early this year and its getting cold

|

9/15/2014 6:03 PM

Levis 508s, if you can find them.

|

9/15/2014 6:18 PM

tecnic1 wrote:

+1, Best pants I've ever worn, If I can find em in 34" I'll buy em on the spot

|

Insta: @thenoahrolf
Refs: Hatebreeder, vinum
Bike Check

Wrong! Russia doesn't even have gays! America is 80% homosexual! - mantaymark

the word n****r actually means ignorant in its original definition it wasn't until the internet became popular and it was changed to mean black people - OneGuyIlluminatiEye

9/15/2014 8:13 PM

chad88 wrote:

wish i could ride in shorts but winters coming early this year and its getting cold

God, no. Not for me. Every time I decide that it's too uncomfortable to wear jeans, I end up wearing shorts occasionally and then shit happens to my legs.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

9/15/2014 8:17 PM

Oh, and I have the problem of getting grease from the back of my leg making contact with the sprocket. I got a guard sprocket and that problem was solved up until I started running a regular sprocket..

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

9/15/2014 9:07 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/15/2014 9:16 PM

tecnic1 wrote:

notorious NIG wrote:

+1, Best pants I've ever worn, If I can find em in 34" I'll buy em on the spot

Perfect pants

|

Instagram

Refs:tomdon x4,Xxohioanxx,BigCurn, Don't remember the rest

9/15/2014 9:09 PM

Skinny jeans , cuff the bottom of regular ones , shorts , get an elastic and put them on your jeans so they dont snag , buy shitty 30$ jeans and ride them only

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

9/16/2014 7:13 AM

adamnmexican wrote:

+1

Fuck riding in jeans

howlerfbm wrote:

chad88 wrote:

Pussy

|

It’s all bmx

9/16/2014 7:17 AM

Vans skinny jeans only thing I wear

|

Testimony and apologies

I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.

instagram
What would Jesus say: I didn't die for you to live like this!

old edit

9/16/2014 7:20 AM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

Skinny jeans , cuff the bottom of regular ones , shorts , get an elastic and put them on your jeans so they dont snag , buy ...more

That doesn't help the coming to an immediate stop when the jeans get caught if you go the 30$ way.

|

"It's like riding someone's bike and they got the same frame" -Four
Refs:Four x4,tomdon x5,Xxohioanxx,BigCurn, Don't remember the rest

9/16/2014 10:34 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/16/2014 10:34 AM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Some people tie a bandana around their ankle to keep it from doing that but then I guess it looks like you're in a gang to ...more

yep I just tie a bandana around
since i started doing it ive never had this problem again
+looks better than rolling your jeans up imo

|