kenda kontact review

Related:
Create New Tag

11/19/2013 8:47 PM

Been seeing more of these and thought I'd do one. So I got red, and really these are the only tire that can make a freaking rainbow so plus there. They are pretty grippy, and haven't slipped yet, and they don't squeak, but if you lock up your back tire and slide that biatch they squeal like car tires. And leave red skidssssss. But I like em so far, no flats, but I haven't gone street yet so just wait and see.

|

11/19/2013 8:52 PM

They are absolute shit. The beads came off my rim doing flyout 3's , they don't grip much at all , too small and cheap , sidewalls aren't that thick. The fact is the only thing good is they squeak. But you do a decent 180 or 3 and the bead will come off. Pretty lame.

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

11/19/2013 8:55 PM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

They are absolute shit. The beads came off my rim doing flyout 3's , they don't grip much at all , too small and cheap , sidewalls aren't that thick. The fact is the only thing good is they squeak. But you do a decent 180 or 3 and the bead will come off. Pretty lame.

Well, I haven't rode for a month, give me a week and my review will probably change. But the only reason I bought these is because of my previous success with kenda tires. Love kenda, but from what it sounds like I will hate these.

|

11/19/2013 8:59 PM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

What psi do you run your tires ?

|

11/19/2013 10:51 PM

When I had those tires, I always ran max PSI (65) or 70. I never got a flat, even with the tire pretty worn down and a bit cracked. The tire's bead was fine and everything. It's just something that's different for everyone. But the worst tire I had was the Eastern Fuquay Flyer tires, the OEM ones that go to like 50 PSI but are huge in size 2.3. Those are even thinner than the Kontacts and I got a flat every 2-3 weeks even being lucky.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

11/20/2013 6:11 AM

isnowyaznV2 wrote:

When I had those tires, I always ran max PSI (65) or 70. I never got a flat, even with the tire pretty worn down and a bit cracked. The tire's bead was fine and everything. It's just something that's different for everyone. But the worst tire I had was the Eastern Fuquay Flyer tires, the OEM ones that go to like 50 PSI but are huge in size 2.3. Those are even thinner than the Kontacts and I got a flat every 2-3 weeks even being lucky.

I dont ride any any street, so they wont go flat hopefully.

|