kink gap 2019?

Related:
Create New Tag

1/27/2019 2:31 AM

What do yall think about the kink gap 2019?
Any reviews, precautions, tips?

|

1/27/2019 4:47 AM

The lowest down the range I’d go is the Whip. With it’s full chromoly frame, sealed everything and double wall rear rim.

|

1/27/2019 3:52 PM

I think its alright, but like jbales said the Whip is probably where its at. My only problem with Kink is that their bikes are made in China.

|

1/27/2019 3:59 PM

BMPorter wrote:

I think its alright, but like jbales said the Whip is probably where its at. My only problem with Kink is that their bikes are made in China.

As are most completes...

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

1/27/2019 4:09 PM

BMPorter wrote:

p1p1092 wrote:

As are most completes...

I didn't know that, my 2011 Fit Inman 3 was made in Taiwan and that's all I really have to go by.

|

1/27/2019 4:44 PM

BMPorter wrote:

I didn't know that, my 2011 Fit Inman 3 was made in Taiwan and that's all I really have to go by.

Taiwan is a part of China. That said, I have noticed a difference in quality between products made in Taiwan and mainland China; Taiwan made products are typically higher quality.

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

1/27/2019 5:13 PM

p1p1092 wrote:

Taiwan is a part of China. That said, I have noticed a difference in quality between products made in Taiwan and mainland China; Taiwan made products are typically higher quality.

Wow I feel dumb I just had to google Taiwan. I agree, I just personally wouldn't buy parts or a bike that says Made in China. I'm sure the bike is okay, although the whip may be a better bang for your buck because of the full CRMO frame and sealed hubs. If you are new to BMX or have a specific price limit then the gap may be a good bike to build off of.

|

2/1/2019 6:59 AM

I think that the kink gap is a amazing bike for 419 bucks. But usually u can check out chainreaction cycles and find some awesome deals on completes

Here some I found: colony premise 320 bucks https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/us/en/colony-premise-bmx-bike/rp-prod162159

Division Brookside 280 bucks https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/us/en/division-brookside-bmx-bike/rp-prod162200

Don’t trust the reviews on these bikes base them off company reputation and material and bearing used. But this is a website I have used For many parts on my bike go check it out

|

2/1/2019 12:29 PM

Matt_spelly wrote:

I think that the kink gap is a amazing bike for 419 bucks. But usually u can check out chainreaction cycles and find some awesome deals on completes

Here some I found: colony premise 320 bucks https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/us/en/colony-premise-bmx-bike/rp-prod162159

Division Brookside 280 bucks https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/us/en/division-brookside-bmx-bike/rp-prod162200

Don’t trust the reviews on these bikes base them off company reputation and material and bearing used. But this is a website I have used For many parts on my bike go check it out

For $419, you should definitely be getting a full chromoly bike. Frame, fork, cranks & bars on a complete can all be had for $419 or less. If it were MY money, I am NOT getting the Kink Gap at anything above $300.

|

2/1/2019 6:43 PM

Don't spend that much on hi-ten. I'm sure it would work fine, my good friend is pretty heavy and prefers his hi-ten frame over a full chromoly build he has but he stays pretty grounded.

I personally have bent a couple hi-ten frames rear triangles from messing up 180's.

|

2/2/2019 6:08 AM

Matt_spelly wrote:

Mishinn_Control wrote:

For $419, you should definitely be getting a full chromoly bike. Frame, fork, cranks & bars on a complete can all be had for $419 or less. If it were MY money, I am NOT getting the Kink Gap at anything above $300.

I think he is mistaking the Whip for the $419 price tag.

|

2/2/2019 6:17 AM

Matt_spelly wrote:

Mishinn_Control wrote:

Wayne S wrote:

Oh shit I did. Yeh lmao the gap is a ok bike but like everyone is saying I wouldn’t fuck wit any hi tensile steel or unsealed hubs. But my bad I thought it was the whip.

|

2/2/2019 8:48 AM

Bulletpup wrote:

Don't spend that much on hi-ten. I'm sure it would work fine, my good friend is pretty heavy and prefers his hi-ten frame over a full chromoly build he has but he stays pretty grounded.

I personally have bent a couple hi-ten frames rear triangles from messing up 180's.

My buddy still ride an 09 frame from a 2hip complete and wouldn't switch even if I gave him another frame ...it has a cromo front triangle and doesn't even fit a 2.25 tire and he tries much crazier tricks than I do and somehow hasn't broken it

|

3/19/2019 3:17 AM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

Wayne S wrote:

Matt_spelly wrote:

Oh shit I did. Yeh lmao the gap is a ok bike but like everyone is saying I wouldn’t fuck wit any hi tensile steel or unsealed hubs. But my bad I thought it was the whip.

Is the 2019 kink gap not full chromoly? The specs on the website say 100% 4130 chromoly frame and bars.

|

3/19/2019 4:47 AM

Wayne S wrote:

Matt_spelly wrote:

sirsavage222 wrote:

Is the 2019 kink gap not full chromoly? The specs on the website say 100% 4130 chromoly frame and bars.

No. Be careful how you read things. They use tricky language. They aren't lying, per se. They just say things like "Frame Material:100% 4130 Chromoly HT, TT and DT", so initially you might be led to believe the frame material is 100% chromoly. But the HT, TT, & DT are the only 100% chromoly tubes.

|

3/19/2019 8:47 AM

Matt_spelly wrote:

sirsavage222 wrote:

Mishinn_Control wrote:

No. Be careful how you read things. They use tricky language. They aren't lying, per se. They just say things like "Frame Material:100% 4130 Chromoly HT, TT and DT", so initially you might be led to believe the frame material is 100% chromoly. But the HT, TT, & DT are the only 100% chromoly tubes.

Meaning the seat tube, rear triangle and dropouts are hi-ten on the frame. Just to clarify for the op.

|