lesser tires

Related:
Create New Tag

10/20/2013 9:42 PM

In today's riding all we hear about tirs are "get faf's, aitkens, hawks or deharts" I am kinda sick of this and would like to know about how your maxxis, primo, kenda or any other brand tires would work. So basically, best tire and worst that are not super trendy, because I don't like my bike like everybody else's.

|

10/20/2013 9:58 PM

I used to have Primo wall tires and they held up good, but that was when I wasn't really into bmx but I was just a kid riding my bike around lol, I would love to get a fresh set and see how they are now with the way I ride. You know what I don't get is how Kenda and Maxxis make like the best mountain bike tires, but from what I hear their bmx tires suck it doesn't make any sense.

|

"It's not a scooter, it's a bike." - Van Homan
My Fit

10/20/2013 10:15 PM

I have the maxxis grifters, their amazing tires, but the one thing is they only come in 2.10 I'd love if they came in like 2.25 or even 2.2.

|

Bang Bang bmx

10/20/2013 10:17 PM

The reason I made this was because og the kenda tires and their growing popularity

|

10/20/2013 10:27 PM

If this came in tan wall I would run it, fuck 2.48 wide!

|

My Fit

10/20/2013 10:28 PM

Hey buggy are you still getting Primo V-Monsters?

|

My Fit

10/20/2013 10:34 PM

I just ordered a pair of Duo Stunners, they look promising for the price. I've ridden odsy, fit, demolition, snafu, kenda, I have no complaints with any of those. Tires are tires.

|

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes
STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting

10/20/2013 10:35 PM

maxxis tires are like $40 for 1 tire they should be good.

|

Check out my youtube channel!! http://www.youtube.com/user/mikel8149

10/20/2013 10:36 PM

I think no matter what though I'm probably going to stick to the Chase Hawks they look sexy af and grip amazing.

|

My Fit

10/20/2013 10:50 PM

Mikel8149 wrote:

Maxxis tires main appeal are durability that is not as heavy as what you would expect.

|

10/20/2013 11:32 PM

Mikel8149 wrote:

biggybuggy wrote:

Maxxis tires main appeal are durability that is not as heavy as what you would expect.

15 oz

|

Bang Bang bmx

10/20/2013 11:38 PM

Mikel8149 wrote:

biggybuggy wrote:

ThugLifeBmxRiderz wrote:

15 oz

They are heavy as fuck, yes, but I had a pair that lasted 3 1/2 years.

|

10/21/2013 8:10 AM

I got FAFs before they were trendy. Ill never change my 2.25 faf on front. I've moved on to an Animal on back because the 2.10 FAFs SUCK. I would run a Tioga/Kenda tire on back and probably will when my GLH dies.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

10/21/2013 8:27 AM

fitbikerider14 wrote:

I seen those like in person. My sunday current was almost the same size as his. Idk if he had it max psi thogh.

|

10/21/2013 10:00 AM

fitbikerider14 wrote:

BRANDON_90 wrote:

I seen those like in person. My sunday current was almost the same size as his. Idk if he had it max psi thogh.

They say 2.48 but looking mm wise their 63mm which is the same as fly ramperas, i know the new cult dehart slicks are 63.4mm incase you want that added .4

|

10/21/2013 10:17 AM

Exactly. But i personally love fat tires. If they made those tires that are used on fat bikes for 20" bmx style. Id ride em, lol.

|

10/21/2013 10:19 AM

To answer your qwestion buggy. Checkout sunday currents. Im riding one as a replacement and might make it permenent. Its pretty damn amazing for 18$. They are like an enduro tire. The work good on this loose AZ dirt and crazy good on street. BUT the slip once in a while at the park. But high speeds it fucking flys.

|

10/21/2013 10:50 AM

Best part of all this "(Insert brand here) makes the best tires ever" comment stuff is that Cheng Shin and Kenda make almost ALL OF THE TIRES IN THE CYCLING INDUSTRY.

Seriously.

There are a handful of others out there that do their own, but most source to one of these two.

I run momentums, had em over a year now, been good to me, BUT I ran brakes for most of that, AND I don't grind a ton.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

10/21/2013 10:51 AM

Duo stunners are super underrated tires!

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

10/21/2013 10:54 AM

Maybe someone should point out the Kenda name in small print on the side of a Cult Dehart tire to the next trend whore that says "Kenda's are Walmart, get Deharts"
There is only so many manufacturers that make tires, most kids would be surprised at who makes their prized trendy tires.
On the other side I do agree with a statement above, the Chase Hawks are sticky as f--K. Picked up a set of 2.4 P-lites just to try em and I actually like them. Im not a ballon tire guy normally but they feel pretty good.
I dont get how Kenda can make such a light K-rad and a reasonable weight Kontact but the Deharts are heavy as f--k......

|

10/21/2013 11:11 AM

Riding ruban dirt tires right now they are doing awsome.......rode fafs before wasn't impressed they sucked ass for high speed fakies on smooth cement........I want to try some maxxis grifters and tioga power blocks

|

10/21/2013 11:25 AM

eskimojay wrote:

Riding ruban dirt tires right now they are doing awsome.......rode fafs before wasn't impressed they sucked ass for high speed fakies on smooth cement........I want to try some maxxis grifters and tioga power blocks

Last two sets of faf's I have had would chatter your teeth riding on smooth concrete. Nowhere near round.

|

10/21/2013 11:29 AM

eskimojay wrote:

Team who cares wrote:

Last two sets of faf's I have had would chatter your teeth riding on smooth concrete. Nowhere near round.

Those tires get shitty grip when your flying high speed backwards over rated tires

|

10/21/2013 1:28 PM

My fafs kicked ass. So did my kink lyras. My glhs right now rock too.

|

I seek progression, not perfection.

Refs:Beastassdickwink~Dk/oldschool908~TheLilozzy~jaypee23~Bstick~agfracing~MoyBoy5~RIDE a BIKE~wade5~Mattmuldoon@hotmail.com x2~jakebikes~ joe loves shadow~ diss diqq~ k1ng~fly for life x2~spikez5~four~jb07~mike duda~ DORbmx~ bobPA~superstarDK

10/21/2013 1:36 PM

I've been running duo svs 2.25.... I like em

|

ı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̨

10/21/2013 3:44 PM

BRANDON_90 wrote:

To answer your qwestion buggy. Checkout sunday currents. Im riding one as a replacement and might make it permenent. Its pretty damn amazing for 18$. They are like an enduro tire. The work good on this loose AZ dirt and crazy good on street. BUT the slip once in a while at the park. But high speeds it fucking flys.

Im in nevada, so I have nearly identical conditions as yours, I run INTENSE haalo tires and their park tires, they work well, are light, ate skinny and NOT TRENDY AT ALL. I bet almost nobody here has heard of em unless you are a racer.

|

10/21/2013 3:46 PM

Team who cares wrote:

Maybe someone should point out the Kenda name in small print on the side of a Cult Dehart tire to the next trend whore that says "Kenda's are Walmart, get Deharts"
There is only so many manufacturers that make tires, most kids would be surprised at who makes their prized trendy tires.
On the other side I do agree with a statement above, the Chase Hawks are sticky as f--K. Picked up a set of 2.4 P-lites just to try em and I actually like them. Im not a ballon tire guy normally but they feel pretty good.
I dont get how Kenda can make such a light K-rad and a reasonable weight Kontact but the Deharts are heavy as f--k......

K-rad tires are my third fav tire. Best dirt tire all around considering how little they cost. Kontacts on the other hand, oh boy. I have red ones and they are LIGHT. They were also cheap but grips like hard compound slick tires on ice.

|

10/21/2013 3:52 PM

BRANDON_90 wrote:

biggybuggy wrote:

Im in nevada, so I have nearly identical conditions as yours, I run INTENSE haalo tires and their park tires, they work well, are light, ate skinny and NOT TRENDY AT ALL. I bet almost nobody here has heard of em unless you are a racer.

Id try em out if i were you. I just threw up a bike check if you wanna see the relative size.

|

10/21/2013 3:54 PM

I have a fanboy at the park that only rides sunday parts, I'll see what they are like on his bike.

|

10/21/2013 4:04 PM

Ha. See i cant really stand sunday parts. They are like cheap and fake. Dont get me wrong this tire was cheap feeling at first. Now its kinda no different then my old Eclat escap tire. lol

|