lets talk bikes!!

Related:
Create New Tag

5/28/2008 5:40 PM

not really that many good topics to talk about so i figured sence its 8:00 and my bikes broke what to talk about? then it hit me later this or next week i will be spending $160 for new cranks. How much did you put into your bike what do you think its worth? any special lucky parts? why did you start biking?

|

redline needs to stick to racing not bmx!!! www.myspace.com/dillridesbikes

5/28/2008 5:42 PM

iv got a broken colar bone

|

sausage

5/28/2008 5:45 PM

i spent a little over a grand on the bike im riding now. i have no real lucky parts except for a trinity crome sticker my good freind gave me thats on my handle bars. and i started biking awhile back because i was interested in staying active and only enjoyed extreme sports. i sucked at skate bourding and liked biking alot more so i tried that insted and now today i love it and am real good at what i do.

|

5/28/2008 5:47 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/28/2008 5:48 PM

my bike cost $1600..and i guess the most "special" part would be my rear hub which was $250...and i statretd riding cause my friends started goin down to the skatepark by my house...and i just stuck with it

|

DEATH IS THE COUSIN OF SLEEP

5/28/2008 5:47 PM

ive put about 500 into mine and another 200 to come soon.
and i started biking cuz my friend was in to it so i tried it out and it was love at first hop

|

Stop bitchin at each other and settle it in a game of bike.

5/28/2008 5:49 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/28/2008 5:50 PM

i bought a wethepeople and then put 800 into it the most special thing i guess is the spokes they are ti's

|

sausage

5/28/2008 5:54 PM

just built my first complete... or custom or whatever ... started riding mx ,, i still do but i needed something to do during the week and on my off weekend when im not riding mx... oh and check out my new bike setup on my profile ill get some picks next week when its done...oh and comments would be cool i guess..?

|

bmxers vs. skaters... bro ill back u up anyday
bmxers vs. bmxers.. thats just fucked up

5/28/2008 5:59 PM

well its broken now but new cranks here tomarow... so far i put in maybe 1700 or more, i started ridin last summer cuz i been ridin alot n knew some guys tht did it i tried it n been doin it since

|

LIVE HARD, RIDE HARD, DIE HARD

no brakes 4 pegs... streets all day

5/28/2008 6:02 PM

I started riding cause i live on a farm, and its hard to skate gravel. built a dirt jump and just kinda went from there. Ive got about 1200 into my bike, and the special part would be the wood grain sprocket cause its neat looking.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

5/28/2008 6:04 PM

th3skyizthalimit wrote:

well its broken now but new cranks here tomarow... so far i put in maybe 1700 or more, i started ridin last summer cuz i been ridin alot n knew some guys tht did it i tried it n been doin it since

thats kinda funny hw your cranks broke too

|

5/28/2008 6:06 PM

i put about 900 into my wethepeople trust.
special part would probably by my slimline pedals or my deciptikon stem
started riding last summer because i always hurt my ankles skating.

|

5/28/2008 6:08 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/28/2008 6:08 PM

you know last year i almost decided i would try and skate again not quit bmx but skate a little. but what sealed the deal that i would stop skating was when i was riding back to the cottage in maine and i hit a rock and whent flying forward. that shit dont happen on a bike thats also when i convertide over to biking instead of skating.

|

5/28/2008 6:09 PM

bmx93 wrote:

thats kinda funny hw your cranks broke too

ya it wasnt the actual cranks it was tht the bb on the easterns was to long so it didnt sit flush so dirt n stuff got in there n got the bb loose n then somehting happened to the bearing but i hate the cranks n there impossible to take on and off so i just ordered new ones with a bb that i knew will fit right

|

5/28/2008 6:10 PM

yeah skatin is bad for that. tiny rocks can do so much.
and you can only ride on smooth concrete.
bikin you can ride dirt grass anything.

|

5/28/2008 6:13 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/28/2008 6:14 PM

actually that sucks th3skyizthalimit i thought it was bad when just my crank arm broke and cracked my 3 day old new sprocket i got with my new back rim. but your whole bb and crank sets f'd up. sucks, also $160 is alot for cranks its tuff to keep asking your parents for money every time somthing breaks a almost feel kinda bad but thats the price you pay for a sport like this i guess.

|

5/28/2008 6:14 PM

yea i love bmx so much more then skating, so much more power. =]

|

Stop bitchin at each other and settle it in a game of bike.

5/28/2008 6:15 PM

reeechard wrote:

yea i love bmx so much more then skating, so much more power. =]

i know and i feel like im in more control on a bike than a peice of wood on wheels.

|

5/28/2008 6:16 PM

lil off subject, but why cant skaters ever land anything?
i was with a bunch today and they couldnt land shit, and 2 of them played skate, and it took them like 10 minutes to land the first starting trick

|

5/28/2008 6:16 PM

forsure.
just so much more funner.

|

5/28/2008 6:22 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/1/2008 10:07 PM

|

5/28/2008 6:23 PM

bmx93 wrote:

actually that sucks th3skyizthalimit i thought it was bad when just my crank arm broke and cracked my 3 day old new sprocket i got with my new back rim. but your whole bb and crank sets f'd up. sucks, also $160 is alot for cranks its tuff to keep asking your parents for money every time somthing breaks a almost feel kinda bad but thats the price you pay for a sport like this i guess.

i pay for everything on my bike they give me no money for it at all maybe once in a while if i need a tube but i have a job i work hard for my money, n ya it was alot cuz i ripped up my back tire sprocket was bent bb was fucked n crank was messed up so i just spent like 200 maybe more on parts but hopefully these will last there soposed to be stronger

|

5/28/2008 6:23 PM

My cassate and cranks just fucked up so thats prolly about 250 for new ones

I only had the bike for like 3 weeks

|

Refs on TCUB: Aetsh, i <3bike
Refs on Vital: abod, 605, Blake el gingero, BobPA
All refs are buying

5/28/2008 6:27 PM

i will have to disigree my freind is a amazing skater and biker he bikes more than skates but at junction skatepark a few days ago he kick fliped a nine stair first try. he can also 540 on a bike idk theres somthing wrong with the kid i just think you see sucky skaters all the time because theres 10 times more poser skaters than bmxers

|

5/28/2008 6:32 PM

th3skyizthalimit wrote:

i pay for everything on my bike they give me no money for it at all maybe once in a while if i need a tube but i have a job i work hard for my money, n ya it was alot cuz i ripped up my back tire sprocket was bent bb was fucked n crank was messed up so i just spent like 200 maybe more on parts but hopefully these will last there soposed to be stronger

hey, dont get me wrong i buy my own stuff and do work hard its just its sometimes hard to get a steady job when your still in high school. and i do edmitt i have my parents by most of my stuff but only because they dont pay for my car to get registered, car insurence, gas and all that other bull shit. so no im not one of those lasey rich kids

|

5/28/2008 6:44 PM

ya i see wat u mean most of my friends dont have jobs but i work ever saturday as a barbacker at a restarunt makin a pretty decent amount n it works for me since i dont have a car yet my money goes to the bike n bank

|

5/28/2008 6:48 PM

see i mean i work during the summer as much as possible but during the school year i cant do much except do a little side work or work weakends

|

5/28/2008 6:50 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

lil off subject, but why cant skaters ever land anything?
i was with a bunch today and they couldnt land shit, and 2 of them played skate, and it took them like 10 minutes to land the first starting trick

I know they really dont they just mess up all day..cuz they dont commit i guess

|

5/28/2008 6:54 PM

bmx93 wrote:

see i mean i work during the summer as much as possible but during the school year i cant do much except do a little side work or work weakends

ya i no wat u mean i only work saturdays since i play football in the fall n lacrosse in the spring n indoor lax in the winter so between time 2 play sports n try to work when ever i can i have little time 2 ride

|

5/28/2008 6:57 PM

justridebikes wrote:

I know they really dont they just mess up all day..cuz they dont commit i guess

the difference between skaters and us are that when we go we go to ride, skaters just fool around and pretend to do shit. so ya, your right they really dont commit...?

|

5/28/2008 7:01 PM

th3skyizthalimit wrote:

ya i no wat u mean i only work saturdays since i play football in the fall n lacrosse in the spring n indoor lax in the winter so between time 2 play sports n try to work when ever i can i have little time 2 ride

wow you have it tuff. i gave up foot ball this year because between practice and all that i was worried i wouldn't have enuff time in the school year to ride. plus after practice instead of riding i would have to do home work. but during the winter im good sence i cant ride.

|