lite wate front hub and front rim on sale?

Related:
Create New Tag

1/12/2020 8:41 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/12/2020 8:42 PM

any ideas on a cheap front hub lighter than a marmoset (8.9oz)
something pegs friendly for 'lite street'

im running a sun envy lite in the front but it got knocked crooked within 6months ...but three years later that is the only single annoying wop.
i could try this rim again and see if it doesnt get a wop in 6months.
330g but i dont like how narrow it is. i have to run wider tires (which are more weight)

the sun envy is 395 g but just as narrow.
im also looking at sun rhynolite at 405g .... ive used one in the front, tired-and-true! blew out my spokes on a three and was able to relace the wheel and keep riding it another month,

i know sun runs go on sale a lot

alienation rims go on sale a lot also
i was looking at the pbr singlewall rim 365g

or something expensive i could find for cheapo off someone else?

im bummed i never bought that $30 7oz ti hub off dans comp
damn damn damn

|

wallride a bus everyday

1/12/2020 9:56 PM

This is stupid

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

1/13/2020 6:06 AM

Alienation deviant rim.

|

1/13/2020 3:56 PM

8.9 oz isn't bad for a front hub. Almost need to go aluminum or Ti to beat that. Never seen Ti for $30 though...

Flatlandfuel carries light parts. I got the Fly front hub for Christmas, it's still on sale too. Aluminum axle though, and extra wide flange spacing so maybe not for grinding. Maybe the Eclat at 7.7 oz for chromo axle? http://flatlandfuel.com/hubs.aspx

Glad to hear you like the Sun Envys. I just got them but am a little suspicious, coming from a much heavier set.

If you're looking to save weight, what tires do you run? Why shave an ounce at the hub if you can get a few more at the tire?

|

Remember when you could ride all day and not be sore for a week?

1/13/2020 9:19 PM

buttmeate wrote:

any ideas on a cheap front hub lighter than a marmoset (8.9oz)
something pegs friendly for 'lite street'

im running a sun envy lite in the front but it got knocked crooked within 6months ...but three years later that is the only single annoying wop.
i could try this rim again and see if it doesnt get a wop in 6months.
330g but i dont like how narrow it is. i have to run wider tires (which are more weight)

the sun envy is 395 g but just as narrow.
im also looking at sun rhynolite at 405g .... ive used one in the front, tired-and-true! blew out my spokes on a three and was able to relace the wheel and keep riding it another month,

i know sun runs go on sale a lot

alienation rims go on sale a lot also
i was looking at the pbr singlewall rim 365g

or something expensive i could find for cheapo off someone else?

im bummed i never bought that $30 7oz ti hub off dans comp
damn damn damn

Kink Boulevard Front Hub is like 8 something oz. I use it for street and it holds up as well as every other street hub I've ridden. I got mine on sale at albes. Birdcage rims are light and more than strong enough for street but there are lighter rims out there that I have not tried.

|

1/14/2020 7:06 PM

Lightweight

|

1/14/2020 7:35 PM

Coopers25 wrote:

Lightweight

Light weight

|

1/14/2020 7:59 PM

Profile mini, or tree traight pull. Odyssey rims and gsports are the best rims in bmx

|

I like riding my bike.

1/14/2020 8:42 PM

Never go light weight on hubs
Rims are okay to go light weight but there are only a few that are trustworthy ( gsport birdcages, sun rhyno lites, and alienation has some light rims that hold up just fine)

|

Testimony and apologies

I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.

instagram
What would Jesus say: I didn't die for you to live like this!

old edit

1/16/2020 10:21 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/17/2020 12:13 AM

"mission invade front hub" looks very simple , possibly very light, and def very cheap
https://www.albes.com/mission-invade-front-hub/
but i cannot find a weight on it anywhere. does anyone have any idea?

|

wallride a bus everyday

1/17/2020 4:47 AM

12.5oz is what I'm getting.

|