looking for a new frame.

Related:
Create New Tag

12/28/2010 5:36 AM

i ride park and dirt and a little street but i want something i can go out and boost a quarter or just air a nice dirt jump. i have looked at the cult frames and am very pleased although i dont know which is best. i have also looked at the proper TTL frame but my buddy said since the back end is soo short it will make airing and jumping very hard. Is this true and would you recommend the frame? if not i would love other suggestions i like a frame with a really low bottom bracket but that can be sacraficed if absolutly needed.

Thankss Guys

|

12/28/2010 6:21 AM

cult death row,ask MR.Eod he has one.

|

FREE WI-FI FROM FIT?!?! BIKECHECK DUDES!
refs- TCbmx(x2), bmx4life121303, mohawk, iridebmx2122, louie101202, loco_for_riding, daniel21, BMX2LIV(x2), supremelylazzy, lirider187(x2).

12/28/2010 6:23 AM

i havr the proper ttl v2 and love it, i ride street park and dirt all equally and i dont find it hard to air or anything just dont think about it being different and you wont notice it

|

12/28/2010 6:27 AM

srh 420 wrote:

i havr the proper ttl v2 and love it, i ride street park and dirt all equally and i dont find it hard to air or anything just dont think about it being different and you wont notice it

This.

It's all about personal preference.

|

"I've had the 2 greatest corn dogs of my life, and I owe it all to BMX."

12/28/2010 6:29 AM

This is my friend, he has a TTL, now tell me you can't air on it or jump

[LINK TO IMAGE]

[LINK TO IMAGE]

|

PSN - TheNunPoacher

12/28/2010 6:31 AM

ok ok i just read a post that scared me away from it. i like the proper the best overall, because it is very low and it comes in raw, but i was told the cult frames are much better for airs with the longer back end, but then i researched and the back end is exactly .4 centimeters shorter on the proper, so that didnt seem to be too bad. also matty long runs a 13" flat chainstay and ive seen him boost a quarter pretty good. so idk ill ask mr. EOD about the deathrow tho

|

12/28/2010 6:33 AM

wow camjf lol thats pretty turn down is fucking clicked haha. this does look pretty convincing lol

|

12/28/2010 6:36 AM

alwaysunited wrote:

wow camjf lol thats pretty turn down is fucking clicked haha. this does look pretty convincing lol

Buy the Proper. It's cheaper, and it is super strong. My friend has had his for over 2 years, and he pulls tricks like that every day.

|

PSN - TheNunPoacher

12/28/2010 6:39 AM

alright bro and plus mike miller can boost some huge ass jumps and airs pretty high.

|

12/28/2010 6:41 AM

alwaysunited wrote:

alright bro and plus mike miller can boost some huge ass jumps and airs pretty high.

Can I ask what is wrong with your United, because that is such a good frame bro

|

PSN - TheNunPoacher

12/28/2010 6:45 AM

the geomatry is really hard for me to get used to man, ive tried for so long and i came from a fly tierra which has a super low BB and when i do 3's on the united i buck myself in the ass which i really dont like. ive used my buddies tierra v3 and my budies eastern boss and i aabsolutly love both those bikes. i can do everything i want on them and i wish i could just man up and get used to the mothership but i just would rather get what i want. and theres someone coming to get it today so might as well have a fresh start. i honestly should have kept my V2 tierra i loved that thing.

|

12/28/2010 6:47 AM

and if youve ever rode a mothership it sits like super high, like the seattube is mad high

|

12/28/2010 6:48 AM

alwaysunited wrote:

and if youve ever rode a mothership it sits like super high, like the seattube is mad high

I would buy it off you, but you live in America

|

PSN - TheNunPoacher

12/28/2010 6:52 AM

sorry bro lol. and yah for like the short time i rode street i really did kind of like it but then i went back to dirt and i dint love it but for park it was fine. idk im justy gonna sell it and go from there

|

12/28/2010 8:00 AM

Cult death row for sure.
Perfect geo for a combo of street trails and park.
Pefrect for boosting airs, super strong, I;ve had no problems with mine and ive had it for about 6 months so far, I love it!

|

MOTW 10/18/10 - 10/24/10
MOTM- April 2011
youtube channel: *SUBSCRIBE PLEASE* http://www.youtube.com/user/MrEod1214?feature=mhum
FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER @eoin_666

12/28/2010 8:34 AM

alwaysunited wrote:

sorry bro lol. and yah for like the short time i rode street i really did kind of like it but then i went back to dirt and i dint love it but for park it was fine. idk im justy gonna sell it and go from there

how much? XD

|

12/28/2010 8:56 AM

alwaysunited wrote:

the geomatry is really hard for me to get used to man, ive tried for so long and i came from a fly tierra which has a super low BB and when i do 3's on the united i buck myself in the ass which i really dont like. ive used my buddies tierra v3 and my budies eastern boss and i aabsolutly love both those bikes. i can do everything i want on them and i wish i could just man up and get used to the mothership but i just would rather get what i want. and theres someone coming to get it today so might as well have a fresh start. i honestly should have kept my V2 tierra i loved that thing.

you clearly know nothing, fly tierras have a fairly high bb at 11.75 a proper is lower at 11.5

|

its trendy to be untrendy.

12/28/2010 9:34 AM

federal frames

|

12/28/2010 9:39 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/15/2016 5:20 AM

camjf wrote:

This is my friend, he has a TTL, now tell me you can't air on it or jump

[LINK TO IMAGE]

[LINK TO IMAGE]

It's not the bike, it is the rider.

Get something that has geometry YOU like, check reviews, research MANY companies. Asking on here will get you about 4 results: Fit, Cult, FBM, S&M.

Personally I ride an Eastern Journey and find it very responsive with spins and hops, airs nicely, and flows on trails well. But as I said, it is the rider not the bike.

Get whatever YOU feel comfortable on.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

12/28/2010 9:47 AM

eod1214 wrote:

Cult death row for sure.
Pefrect for boosting airs, super strong, I;ve had no problems with mine and ive had it for about 6 months so far, I love it!

whats is the cs length on that frame

|

refs- abod, dave805, spikez5, blizzbikes, element4all, harof2, funkychicken, zznelsonzz, hardbmx_tim, agcrx

12/28/2010 9:48 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/28/2010 9:55 AM

the Cult frames are pretty much the same geo as the mothership, both have 11.8 bb height, and the cult frames have like .15" difference on cs! the only thing different is the standover...your putting way to much thought into the geometry!!! you can do anything with any geometry!!!!! i could still do hop 360's with a 14+ chainstay and it really wouldnt be much harder, because the measurements are really to small of a difference to tell, i mean you can but barely, you could still do the same airs and same dirt shit with a 13" cs, its just all in your head, your letting it effect you more than it should! I mean you have a little more control with a longer cs but it really shouldnt effect you like it is...it just sounds like its really the standover height thats effecting you, like you like your scooters, personally i would love a 9" standover, mines 8.25" so its not bad, but all i am trying to say is your letting little stuff bother you way to much, when it'll only take you a month to get used to a new frame, and thats going to happen with most new frames

|

FIT_bOyEE

12/28/2010 9:53 AM

why dont you just get another tierra?

|

fly sunday mutiny gsport primo odyssey

My Loosefer WAN CLAN Facebook Instagram @dickfarts

12/28/2010 10:00 AM

I got a Hoffman Bama and their great, classic geometry and very reliable but still light on the wallet!!!! I love mine, its super strong, and dont be quick to judge because its a Hoffman, cuz its Seth Kimbrough sig frame, and the bama has been around for years, theres a reason, there super reliable...I wouldn't trade mine, and its got geometry you would like, 13.7"cs, 11.4" bb height, 8.5" standover so still short enough, 75 degree HT, and they even got a flat metal color thats pretty cose to a raw, even though its not a raw its still dope

|

FIT_bOyEE

12/28/2010 10:18 AM

Listen to Dave, if you don't research what you want, you'll probably end up with something you aren't happy with.
Find the frame with the geo you like! Then go from there.

|

Refs: ~Stolen Boy~, Brokenbmx(x2), Warchol2, nitrojimbo, Cjmdawg, _brendan, handlebar-to-face

12/28/2010 2:21 PM

i like my superstar new deal its not low but the top tube feels shorter than it is cos it has a strange seat angle. its realy nice to air. the first day i got it i aired a few million times and i could feel that it was a lot easier and my friends were telling me i looked smoother and was getting as high as the airs i really try for on my old frame every time on the superstar even though i was going easy.. nice frame. and the watson frame has been designed around it..

|

Mothaducker.

http://www.youtube.com/user/CreativeUpload?feature=mhee

Go to my channel, sub, and click a couple of the ads, would be mightily appreciated!

12/28/2010 6:39 PM

alwaysunited wrote:

ya its hard to huck shit without getting bumnfucked

|

12/28/2010 6:55 PM

eod1214 wrote:

Cult death row for sure.

wasn't it good for spins and shit like that because of the short backend? never heard it was good for boosting until now lol

|

12/28/2010 8:40 PM

federal lacey is sick... the day i bought it i learned hop whips and flairs

|