looking for my first bike in a long time

Related:
Create New Tag

11/17/2015 10:31 AM

whats going on guys? back in the early 2000 i use to ride. i found the come up on you tube. i want to get back into it. i found a barley used 2015 Stolen Sinner for 320. bikes pretty much new. doesn't even have a scratch. i have a max of 400 to spend. not a lot to work with just looking for a descent ride to get me back into it.. any other bikes around that price point i should look at? thanks a guys have a good one

|

11/17/2015 10:42 AM

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

11/17/2015 11:27 AM

thanks for the link.. nice looking bike. where is the brake?? i didn't realize a lot of bikes on dans don't have them. why is this?

|

11/17/2015 12:08 PM

m1009cucv wrote:

thanks for the link.. nice looking bike. where is the brake?? i didn't realize a lot of bikes on dans don't have them. why is this?

They don't show them, but they legally have to come with a brake (and this one does)

Kids are nuts about no brakes these days, so they cater the images to them.

As to what you can get, try checking danscomp (linked previously) Albes ( www.albes.com ) or Empire ( www.empirebmx.com )

Poke around and see what you like, and then also check local shops. Another thing that is ALWAYS great to check is retailmenot.com . You put the company name, and then you can see any coupon codes and MIGHT find some good ones.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

11/17/2015 4:08 PM

One of the best deals out right now is the 2015 DK Helio bikes we have on sale. Full Chromoly, sealed everything and under $350!

http://www.albes.com/dk-helio-2015-bike-sale/

Win $200 to spend at Albe's

|

11/17/2015 4:09 PM

Welcome back BTW!

|

11/17/2015 4:55 PM

search your local craigslist thats where i scored my restart bike for like $150 then put like $50 in parts to get it how id want it. good luck on coming back

|

11/17/2015 9:11 PM

Albes BMX Mail Order wrote:

One of the best deals out right now is the 2015 DK Helio bikes we have on sale. Full Chromoly, sealed everything and under $350!

http://www.albes.com/dk-helio-2015-bike-sale/

Win $200 to spend at Albe's

gotta say i'd trust a DK bike over anything else at that price but thats just me.

|

"The D.O.P.S. System"
DK, Odyssey, Profile, Shadow.
check out my bike check
@ethanbrackett
@powersbikeshop

11/17/2015 9:51 PM

|

11/19/2015 6:02 AM

thanks for the help guys. going for the dk. i have read good things about the bike.. great price. looks like a good bike to start with.. cant wait to get it

|

11/19/2015 7:35 AM

m1009cucv wrote:

thanks for the help guys. going for the dk. i have read good things about the bike.. great price. looks like a good bike to start with.. cant wait to get it

If i was on a budget of $400 or less that's what I'd buy too. Party on!

|

11/20/2015 9:07 AM

how long will it be on sale? problems with the chevy. need my truck back first thanks

|

11/20/2015 11:20 AM

m1009cucv wrote:

how long will it be on sale? problems with the chevy. need my truck back first thanks

It's a closeout so the sale runs until they are gone. We have a handful left.

Hope the Chevy isn't too serious!

--flip

|

11/21/2015 7:06 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/21/2015 7:07 AM

yeah a kind of sucks is going to take a bit of money. My injection pump went. About $500 or so.

|

11/22/2015 5:56 PM

m1009cucv wrote:

Most people take off the breaks for a couple of reasons. Some include a much cleaner looking bike, no need for a gyro or worry about tangling the break wire, and because everyone else is doing it. I don't run breaks because I always cut myself on gyros and I hate having to have the break cord tangled around and stuff.

|

12/10/2015 6:42 AM

just got the dk.. mark was real cool. got me a little discount to top it off. will be buying more there for sure.. cant wait to start riding. where im moving to. they are building a small park. 10 minutes away.

|

12/10/2015 12:40 PM

nice. Welcome back. Do yourself a favor and get brakes. The Odyssey Springfields are like $15 and virtually dial-free. brakeless is bananas imo.

|

12/17/2015 6:06 AM

thanks a lot. looking forward to it.. waiting to see what happens. apparently fed ex lost the bike.

|

12/17/2015 9:28 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/17/2015 9:29 AM

Wow wtf seems usps and fedex suck this year usps just lost the 1 crank arm to another vital member theses shipping companys need to get there shit together or hire people that know what the hell there doing btw sorry dude hope everything works out for you

|

Built to abuse

12/17/2015 10:51 AM

Oldschool89 wrote:

Wow wtf seems usps and fedex suck this year usps just lost the 1 crank arm to another vital member theses shipping companys need to get there shit together or hire people that know what the hell there doing btw sorry dude hope everything works out for you

And this is how I can tell you are younger. It isn't a matter of "hiring people that know what the hell they are doing", it is a matter of this being the season where their workload is roughly TEN TIMES what it is the rest of the year. Especially this close to Christmas.

So before you complain like that, think about how it would be if your Math teacher suddenly said "Ok kids, instead of 4 pages of math problems for homework, you need to do FORTY pages".

Not to mention UPS, USPS and Fedex handle MILLIONS of packages this time of year in like a month. It's insane what they actually do.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

12/17/2015 12:56 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/17/2015 2:44 PM

And before u call me out maybe u should think about how the person whos part is lost or possibly stolen feels it has nothing to do with someone being younger or not and like i said before u want to call me out get ur facts straight im married have 2 kids 1 is 8 the other is 2 how young do i have to be to get mad or can only older people do this? Please save the stupid shit check my profile if my age is a curiosity to you u may be suprised until than please dont get so butthurt especially when im not even commenting on a topic of yours ...smh btw i dont remember math class ive been out of school to long and if you think im talking smack on on usps and fedex i am im not doing this on a whim i quit usps a year ago because the area where im located didnt know how to make phone call when there was work so it wasnt worth my time secondly all usps and fedex employess are trained around the holiday season because the workloads get heavier some are also sent with 2 people a driver and helper even the warehouses get a few more people before i made my comment i had a educated answer because i know there wasnt any excuse theres prob some homeless people that would make better usps or fedex workers which isnt my problem but the people who trust in usps and fedex should be able to trust in the two biggest shipping companys with out hesitation this is a lack of expeireince or just carelessness so the next time u order a package that u cant wait to get and then u find out its lost please dont get mad just wait until u get ur money back and wait longer to get another part sent again too you

|

Built to abuse

12/17/2015 2:00 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/17/2015 2:58 PM

And m1009cucv sorry to hijack ur topic now back to it and sorry to hear bout ur chevy mine decided to let go of the fuel pump fml tis the season

|

Built to abuse

12/17/2015 6:35 PM

hope they find your bike man

|

"The D.O.P.S. System"
DK, Odyssey, Profile, Shadow.
check out my bike check
@ethanbrackett
@powersbikeshop

12/18/2015 10:25 AM

thanks guys. hope they do find it. no worries.. a friend works for ups.. he says its hell this time of year. hope it works out. the person from albes bmx said if they dont find it I might get a small upgrade.

|

12/18/2015 11:06 AM

That would be perty cool about the small upgrade imo good luck keep us posted

|

Built to abuse

12/18/2015 11:21 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/18/2015 11:29 AM

Oldschool89 wrote:

And before u call me out maybe u should think about how the person whos part is lost or possibly stolen feels it has nothing to do with someone being younger or not and like i said before u want to call me out get ur facts straight im married have 2 kids 1 is 8 the other is 2 how young do i have to be to get mad or can only older people do this? Please save the stupid shit check my profile if my age is a curiosity to you u may be suprised until than please dont get so butthurt especially when im not even commenting on a topic of yours ...smh btw i dont remember math class ive been out of school to long and if you think im talking smack on on usps and fedex i am im not doing this on a whim i quit usps a year ago because the area where im located didnt know how to make phone call when there was work so it wasnt worth my time secondly all usps and fedex employess are trained around the holiday season because the workloads get heavier some are also sent with 2 people a driver and helper even the warehouses get a few more people before i made my comment i had a educated answer because i know there wasnt any excuse theres prob some homeless people that would make better usps or fedex workers which isnt my problem but the people who trust in usps and fedex should be able to trust in the two biggest shipping companys with out hesitation this is a lack of expeireince or just carelessness so the next time u order a package that u cant wait to get and then u find out its lost please dont get mad just wait until u get ur money back and wait longer to get another part sent again too you

For the record, I have been there. I have had things lost, and they either never arrived OR showed up several weeks later. You know what I did? I CALLED THE SHIPPING COMPANY (USPS AND UPS) and put in an investigation request. You know what happened? In one case, they found the package and I got it. In another, they admitted they lost it, and covered the cost of the item. I was bummed, but because I am not an unreasonable person I was patient. I understand that things happen. I even had one scenario where I ordered something, paid for it, and it took around 3 months of calling the company to find out it was out of stock and to get my money back. I still don't feel like you understand that it is not just one or two people handling the package from point A to your door. There can be HUNDREDS and THOUSANDS of variables. Not just "some dude messed up, the company should hire better people". For someone who worked in the system it kinda seems that you have unreasonable expectations of what it should be. UPS and Fedex are incredibly AUTOMATED (there is a HUGE hub near me and I have a few buddies that have and currently work there). The bulk of the sorting is not someone sitting on a line, reading every zip code and then slipping it to a certain line. Local post offices to me are also VERY automated as well.

MISTAKES happen. It sucks. But to sit there an expect 100% perfection from a system that handles MILLIONS of packages is ridiculous. People DO trust in those systems, and mistakes DO happen, especially at that volume. I would not call it a "lack of experience or carelessness" like you are so quick to do without actually knowing what happened. It could be something as simple as the system MISREAD the Zip Code or bar code (happens all the time) or the package could have been mangled, or there could have been a human error involved. My experience in retail tells me that machines are STUPID. I recall scanning a crankset at a shop I worked at, and a BB came up. It wasn't programmed wrong (we checked), the scanner misread the bar code. Have you ever received a neighbors mail? Did you flip out and tell the carrier he was a moron?

The math part was an example of the workload being INSANE this time of year.

I am fully aware they hire on for the Holiday seasons for extra help. I have friends who do it as extra hours for the Holidays.

And actually in NO way was I "butthurt" about it. Your reaction was very unreasonable in this scenario in my opinion, and I am very much entitled to that.

|

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

12/18/2015 11:38 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/18/2015 6:49 PM

Just give it a break honestly i dont even care at this point and coming from u a moderator this is sad maybe u should try to make a point without coming off as a dick next time every one is entitled to there opinion as am i if u didnt like the way i put it cool skip over it or just dont start accusing people of being young thats grade school shit this topic might have had alot less drama and more to the point seems that you have been the only one with a issue on my comment sorry i have less patience for error wether it be from man or machine u may be as paitient as a rock but i dont judge u on the way u carelessly judged me on ur misknowledged comment and my unreasonable butthurt comment lmao wow coming from the moderator that judges peoples age just by there comments wtf?? And if im not wrong isnt a forum moderator someone that keeps the peace on a forum where are you doing your job any where on this topic or is that a man/mechanical error also?? And if u really dont know how to be a forum moderator theres a few online sites u can check out id start with urban dictionary seems to fit u well but who am i to judge? im young remember... and im sure were both knowledgeable people that are not agreeing on each others opinions which is agreable to me but i think in the future things like this can be looked over instead of being blown out of the water like this because if we are adults than we should be setting a positive attitude for the next generations of riders which these days isnt looking all that great as it is so take all this with a grain of salt and let it go i can agree to disagree and surely hope u can also -Justin

|

Built to abuse

12/18/2015 11:44 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/18/2015 5:52 PM

Now please back to topic

|

Built to abuse