looking for replacement front tire

Related:
Create New Tag

11/18/2017 9:24 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/18/2017 9:26 PM

hey, I run a 2.25 on a narrow front rim
1.95in the back ...skinny tires are faster, aye

well I amassed a bunch of microknobbies before they stopped production and my pile is slowly dwindling, can anyone recommend me a new front tire? I imagine another racing tire should do the job
2.25
,light/folding, I think mk was like 16oz
cheap? ya, goodluck.
I guess a very non-aggressive dirt-tire tread is what I want? my mind totally trust that snafu rim job pattern

suggestions?
.
..
...
also:
are there any forks lighter than odsy forks that you would trust with your life and my be used for "light street" ..plastic front peg

|

wallride a bus everyday

11/18/2017 11:41 PM

Just buy good forks and man up a bit? Or have a big poo before you ride. The weight difference isn't even that noticeable.
Fit faf 2.25 are my favourite tyres, again they're not foldable/particularly light. But a healthy diet will keep you regular, and a bit of protein will help you build some muscles.

|

11/19/2017 2:35 AM

Ruben Rampera is what I'm getting in the front next

|

Hmmm

11/19/2017 8:11 AM

I just got a set of 2.1 maxxis grifters I have good feelings their going kick ass in the spring

|

11/20/2017 1:44 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

Just buy good forks and man up a bit? Or have a big poo before you ride. The weight difference isn't even that noticeable.
Fit faf 2.25 are my favourite tyres, again they're not foldable/particularly light. But a healthy diet will keep you regular, and a bit of protein will help you build some muscles.

Never ride with one in the chamber.

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

11/20/2017 2:32 PM

|

It’s all bmx

11/20/2017 4:57 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

Just buy good forks and man up a bit? Or have a big poo before you ride. The weight difference isn't even that noticeable.
Fit faf 2.25 are my favourite tyres, again they're not foldable/particularly light. But a healthy diet will keep you regular, and a bit of protein will help you build some muscles.

steve’s got it right.

i’d also recomend the fit FAF

|

Ride hard or Ride home.
Pink N’ Pretty

Instagram
@tarsales

11/20/2017 11:40 PM

If you definitely want light tyres, tioga powerblock or khe foldable tyres are light. But I ripped the sidewall of a powerblock in one ride. And got a puncture that ripped a 1" hole in a khe mac2 half an hour after putting it on.

|

11/21/2017 6:17 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/21/2017 6:18 AM

Maxxis 2.2 race tires. either tread, light and durable enough for park. unless u go heavy on peg stuff.



|

11/21/2017 12:39 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/21/2017 12:41 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

If you definitely want light tyres, tioga powerblock or khe foldable tyres are light. But I ripped the sidewall of a powerblock in one ride. And got a puncture that ripped a 1" hole in a khe mac2 half an hour after putting it on.

The street blocks are basically the same but just a little heavier. I think they are 20oz, which is still really light. Get the folding version. I got one on eBay for like $18 last year. Think they are usually like $35 though, so check eBay. Maxxis grifters are probably the way to go, if you can afford them.

|

11/21/2017 2:06 PM

My grifters are 15 oz lightest tires I’ve had I was shocked at how little they weigh

|

11/21/2017 3:33 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

If you definitely want light tyres, tioga powerblock or khe foldable tyres are light. But I ripped the sidewall of a powerblock in one ride. And got a puncture that ripped a 1" hole in a khe mac2 half an hour after putting it on.

UK spots are very crusty though you have to admit. Certainly not what lightweight tyres were made for. I run a Grifter in the back and get a flat 1 in 3 time I ride

|

Hmmm

11/22/2017 6:56 PM

jmz313 wrote:

Maxxis 2.2 race tires. either tread, light and durable enough for park. unless u go heavy on peg stuff.



what about light peg stuff... like some tires have light treading on the sidewall, while other tires will rip through the sidewall after a couple grinds (powerblock)

|

wallride a bus everyday

11/22/2017 6:57 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/22/2017 6:59 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

If you definitely want light tyres, tioga powerblock or khe foldable tyres are light. But I ripped the sidewall of a powerblock in one ride. And got a puncture that ripped a 1" hole in a khe mac2 half an hour after putting it on.

Edman123 wrote:

UK spots are very crusty though you have to admit. Certainly not what lightweight tyres were made for. I run a Grifter in the back and get a flat 1 in 3 time I ride

yeah, I ride with a kobra tube in my back tire

I've had the valvestem from a flat tire -flat tire rested over the kobra tube, under the tire- well ya the stem then went and ripped through my thin microknobbie tire by the end of the session

|

wallride a bus everyday

11/23/2017 9:02 AM

If you use pegs and want durable sidewalls, you won't get particularly light tyres. It's one or the other really

|

11/28/2017 10:15 AM

^^^wrong, all it takes is a little bit of tread material extending onto the sidewall like 'microknobbies' and 'street blocks' and that is well enough for some street use... I'm just trying to figure out what other tires are available

|

wallride a bus everyday