looking for tires.

Related:
Create New Tag

7/21/2015 10:26 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/21/2015 10:50 PM

i want to get something with white walls, mostly doing park and dirt right now, so i want something that's good for both right now im running 80psi in the front, and 90 in the back, Ive been looking at a few, I'd prefer to have a 2.4 up front for some more cushion, but ya know i'll take what i can get... so tires right now under consideration are...

Chase Hawks
Dugans
Kink Lyra(Powers recommended them)
Maxxis rizers

got any suggestions let me know...

Also anybody in virginia near 20112, I'm currently trying to get the old Prop's Trails rebuilt behind the BP(which doozed them down for a parking lot) anybody who wants to help head over to the full thread Here----
------> http://www.vitalbmx.com/forums/Southeast,9/ATTENTION-VA-RIDERS-hwy-234-trail-proposal,1304082

|

"The D.O.P.S. System"
DK, Odyssey, Profile, Shadow.
check out my bike check
@ethanbrackett
@powersbikeshop

7/21/2015 10:36 PM

Get a FAF white/reflective wall up front and run an Animal TWW in the back.

Or you can just run Dugans front and back.

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

7/21/2015 10:51 PM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

Thanks man! ive been thinking about the FAF's too, just forgot to list em.

|

"The D.O.P.S. System"
check out my bike check
@ethanbrackett
@powersbikeshop

7/21/2015 10:56 PM

TWW is a great park tire. I have one.

|

7/21/2015 11:00 PM

Also, I recommend 65-75 psi front, it actually makes the balloon tires worth it. No cushion if it's at 80+ in my experience. And 75-80 in the back because 90 can get rough and sucks on dirt. It's like putting a hockey puck on as a tire and expecting good grip. But that's me, not you, not my bike.

|

7/21/2015 11:11 PM

biggybuggy wrote:

Also, I recommend 65-75 psi front, it actually makes the balloon tires worth it. No cushion if it's at 80+ in my experience. ...more

nah mate, that makes allot of sense, i actually ride dirt around that area already, above is what i use in park.

|

"The D.O.P.S. System"
check out my bike check
@ethanbrackett
@powersbikeshop

7/22/2015 1:37 AM

shadow valor tyres are great

|

ride bikes, have fun

STRAIGHT OUTTA STRAYA

7/22/2015 2:33 PM

Kenda Kontacts. FTW

|

IG: therealclintvessey

{\_/}
( • .•)
/-🚲

7/22/2015 3:04 PM

TWW are basically slicks so they'd be pretty terrible for dirt plus they don't make them anymore.
fit FAF i find slide a bit on concrete

|

My Ride
My Other Ride
I've sold stuff to Ecuadevil, LLURider, and Mario.villegas90 with no complaints.
IG: evildeadhands

7/22/2015 3:05 PM

I thank you would like the FAF tire... I run Glh 20.25 front
TWW 20.25 in back. Work great for me

|

F¬ Bom 5403692331

7/22/2015 11:30 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/22/2015 11:31 PM

ironmaiden666 wrote:

TWW are basically slicks so they'd be pretty terrible for dirt plus they don't make them anymore.
fit FAF i find slide a bit ...more

I ride a Fit FAF . Run it in the back and a slick in front ( Donnasqueek in my case ) . Best of both worlds . I ride street and park though .

I know United tires would be a good look into as well actually .

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

7/23/2015 12:03 AM

Kink Lyra.

They are kinda like Fit FAFs, but better for dirt.

|

It doesn't matter where a train goes. It's decidin' to get on that does.

7/23/2015 1:44 AM

ironmaiden666 wrote:

fit FAF i find slide a bit ...more

Tww is fine for the rear in dirt.

|

7/23/2015 12:03 PM

THEY DON'T MAKE THE TWW ANYMORE. why would you suggest a tire that's almost impossible to find?

|

My Ride
My Other Ride
I've sold stuff to Ecuadevil, LLURider, and Mario.villegas90 with no complaints.
IG: evildeadhands

7/23/2015 5:36 PM

What about the Subrosa street digger?

|

F¬ Bom 5403692331

7/23/2015 6:31 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/23/2015 6:31 PM

ironmaiden666 wrote:

THEY DON'T MAKE THE TWW ANYMORE. why would you suggest a tire that's almost impossible to find?

sorry to bust your bubble lol but they still sell the TWW 9.95 but only 2.00 at actionvillage.com that were i got mine shadow undertone tire and mine demolition manaco tire from for 8.95 i made post and took picture of both tires but yea you still buy them.

|

ref-momoney brought a frame.

7/23/2015 7:05 PM

Shadow Valors are fantastic, Dugans are awesome.. I loved my Lyras. I wanna get another pair again later on, they are kinda slow in the corners but grippy as all fuck and going straight real fast! Great for wall rides.

But really, Shadow Valors are the best overall. go 2 2.2s and you're set for ages if you don't like the giant 2.4s haha

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.