loose spokes....do tennis balls acutally do anything??

Related:
Create New Tag

3/27/2015 10:31 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/28/2015 11:20 AM

the spokes in my wheels are looser than my teeth. Would putting tennis balls in the wheels solve this problem?

and I don't have a spoke wrench or anything. How much do lbs's usually charge to true wheels?

|

3/27/2015 10:44 PM

tightening your spokes would be a better idea...
i think it helps with too long of spokes, but its retarded regardless

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

3/27/2015 11:15 PM

>the spokes in my wheels are looser than my daughter's pussy after last night

wat.





Just buy a spoke wrench & learn to do it yourself, it's cheaper and easier than you might think. They're under $10 on Danscomp.

Bike shops will vary from price, so it's hard to say without visiting/calling one and finding out.

|

3/28/2015 9:07 AM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

>the spokes in my wheels are looser than my daughter's pussy after last night

wat.





Just buy a spoke wrench & learn to do it yourself, it's cheaper and easier than you might think. They're under $10 on Danscomp.

Bike shops will vary from price, so it's hard to say without visiting/calling one and finding out.

This.

What an awful troll comment. Don't ever say shit like that again. Keep in mind, enough comments like that can get Mods or Admins to grab your IP address, send it to local police, and have someone make sure you aren't actually a pedophile. How embarassing would it be for your family to have a cop show up to inquire about those comments?

But as to the BMX question, BUY A SPOKE WRENCH FOR LIKE 6 BUCKS. Go to your local shop and ask which one you need, buy it, then go on youtube to learn how. Also ask them how much it costs to have them true a wheel. I would bet around 10-30 bucks, trued and tensioned correctly.

Shops are 99% non-corporate owned, so there is no set pricing for all shops to follow. Some shops charge hourly rates, some set rates for certain tasks. CALL THEM AND ASK.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

3/28/2015 11:19 AM

id say learn to true yourself especially if you have new wheels as it takes about 3 truee to get spokes settled and if you cant afford/dont have a truing stand just take your tire off and use your forks to judge wobble

|

3/28/2015 11:28 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/28/2015 11:29 AM

dave lawrence wrote:

This.

What an awful troll comment. Don't ever say shit like that again. Keep in mind, enough comments like that can get Mods or Admins to grab your IP address, send it to local police, and have someone make sure you aren't actually a pedophile. How embarassing would it be for your family to have a cop show up to inquire about those comments?

But as to the BMX question, BUY A SPOKE WRENCH FOR LIKE 6 BUCKS. Go to your local shop and ask which one you need, buy it, then go on youtube to learn how. Also ask them how much it costs to have them true a wheel. I would bet around 10-30 bucks, trued and tensioned correctly.

Shops are 99% non-corporate owned, so there is no set pricing for all shops to follow. Some shops charge hourly rates, some set rates for certain tasks. CALL THEM AND ASK.

sorry. i won't say stuff like that again.

|

3/28/2015 11:48 AM

I thought the whole tennis ball in the wheel was to attract dust to keep it off the hub

|

3/28/2015 11:52 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/28/2015 11:53 AM

eskimojay wrote:

I thought the whole tennis ball in the wheel was to attract dust to keep it off the hub

That's what a shoelace is for (tie a shoelace around the hub with enough slack to let it move around).

The whole tennis ball thing is just stupid in my opinion.

|

3/28/2015 6:57 PM

thanks everyone.
I've decided to buy a spoke wrench..will this one be good? http://www.amazon.com/Avenir-94-27-001-Round-Spoke-Wrench/dp/B00165U0T4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1427594164&sr=8-1&keywords=spoke+wrench
It should fit most bmx wheels, right?

|

3/28/2015 7:35 PM

woman wrote:

thanks everyone.
I've decided to buy a spoke wrench..will this one be good? http://www.amazon.com/Avenir-94-27-001-Round-Spoke-Wrench/dp/B00165U0T4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1427594164&sr=8-1&keywords=spoke+wrench
It should fit most bmx wheels, right?

ya its good thats the one im using right now

|

3/28/2015 7:52 PM

woman wrote:

thanks everyone.
I've decided to buy a spoke wrench..will this one be good? http://www.amazon.com/Avenir-94-27-001-Round-Spoke-Wrench/dp/B00165U0T4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1427594164&sr=8-1&keywords=spoke+wrench
It should fit most bmx wheels, right?

Silentman_Man wrote:

ya its good thats the one im using right now

sweet, thanks man

|

3/29/2015 6:47 AM

I thought tennis ball made wheels lighter for rotation's like v eazy 1164° whip bar flair on flat True wheels r over rated loose spokes make it easier to land from roof drops.

|

Check out my youtube channel!! http://www.youtube.com/user/mikel8149

3/29/2015 9:24 AM

Why would you ask what shops charge on here...? Who knows

|

Vimeo.com/bmxhope
Flickr.com/bmxhope

3/31/2015 8:49 AM

Invest in a spoke wrench and learn to true, it's not that difficult at all, either take the time on your own to learn it or watch a couple tutorials to get the technique of what others are doing, It's tool well worth it.

|

Refs: Four x4, Dolphin, BrokenBMX, Tomdon, ecuadevil...

3/31/2015 9:28 AM

The now tooth comment leads me to believe your teef look like dis
Photo

|


"It's like riding someone's bike and they got the same frame" -Four
Refs:Four x4,tomdon x5,Xxohioanxx,BigCurn, Don't remember the rest

4/2/2015 12:54 PM

Just remember that spokes are oppo threaded. Spin them to the left to tighten. Sometimes during tightening, you will notice the spokes start to actually feel looser, but this is only because the spokes are setting back into the right position which gives them a bit more slack. Just keep tightening to the left until they are decently tight, and then go ride!







KIDDING!

|




Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx