loud hubs

Related:
Create New Tag

9/23/2013 7:52 PM

Why do people want loud hubs? Does it mean they have some special part in it?

|

9/23/2013 8:34 PM

Some people use the clicks as an indicator of their speed, but mostly people like the loud sound.

|

9/23/2013 8:52 PM

Huh.

|

9/23/2013 9:00 PM

BNC wrote:

Some people use the clicks as an indicator of their speed, but mostly people like the loud sound.

I really do listen to it sometimes to watch my speed but only if it's a super tech trick or something, lol. Otherwise, my hub is loud enough.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

9/23/2013 9:16 PM

I have a loud hub because i got it for cheap. that is my only reason.

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

9/23/2013 9:29 PM

It sounds cool to me. Some people use it to gauge their speed. Some people do it because they think it makes them better.

|

"It's not a scooter, it's a bike." - Van Homan
My Fit

9/23/2013 10:11 PM

There just bitch's is all. Wait it'll make you ride better right. Shit my bad -.-

|

9/23/2013 11:38 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/23/2013 11:39 PM

I know someone who though a louder hub would make his manuals better (I'm not even joking).

|

9/24/2013 2:27 AM

Loud hubs are good so people hear you coming both at the skatepark and when riding street. I get snaked more if people can't hear my hub.

|

9/24/2013 8:04 AM

Because if you don't have a lound hub you suck and dont have swag

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

9/24/2013 8:31 AM

BMX is a mating ritual and the hub noise is the mating call.

|

9/24/2013 9:48 AM

Fondue wrote:

Fuck, I wanted a freecoaster too sad looks like it's gonna be a primo then

|

Bruh

9/24/2013 10:31 AM

Fondue wrote:

Zach P-D wrote:

Fuck, I wanted a freecoaster too sad looks like it's gonna be a primo then

It's probably different for freecoaster bmxers where the raucous buzz of a cassette is not necessary to lure their mate.

|

9/24/2013 11:08 AM

Never heard of the speed gauging...

Mine is factory sound level I guess, I just run it.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

9/24/2013 11:33 AM

If louder is better than I guess my unsealed hubs are the best you can get. -__-

|

ı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̨

9/30/2013 7:02 PM

obviously it doesn't make you a better rider, but I like mine because it makes my bike feel dialled... kinda weird, but have dialled crisp clicks make me feel good while riding. but I dig freecoasters too, so I guess it's not the loudness, that i like, just the feel of the hub?

|

Email: mccheesekid@gmail.com
Instagram: @McCheeseKid

Bought from: hrin, Me?, ecuadevil, regalracing, Dolphin

9/30/2013 7:24 PM

I like the sound it's Linda like a car a v8 will make a different sound from like a v6. You can tune your car to take it sound different... Bikes are the same to me... I like deep hub sounds like shadow or tree..

|

Bang Bang bmx

9/30/2013 9:21 PM

its useful to have a loud hub because you need to be heard in a park when your riding so ya don't get clipped or hit.

|

9/30/2013 11:21 PM

paden_bmx wrote:

its useful to have a loud hub because you need to be heard in a park when your riding so ya don't get clipped or hit.

That's what eye balls and ears are for.

it's 2013 almost a new year and we're talking about hub loudness... some things never change.dizzy

|

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes
STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting

10/1/2013 11:46 AM

I think the sound kind of zones me in like music

|

MIDWEST MOTHER FUCKER

Bike Check
Bought from Tomdon, and ScramHype

10/1/2013 5:20 PM

paden_bmx wrote:

BMXism wrote:

That's what eye balls and ears are for.

it's 2013 almost a new year and we're talking about hub loudness... some things never change.dizzy

I was wondering why people like loud hubs.

|

10/2/2013 8:44 AM

i like the sound... and at night animals know im nearby and run away.. and same with cars and so when im riding and people are infront of me they hear me from behind and move out the way..

|

Ride Or Die
PrimoPro Hub All Day
Tan Walls above all

10/2/2013 8:46 AM

i like riding loud hubs because when im riding i don't have to tell people to move out my way they hear my hub hissing from behind them same with animals at night so they stay out of my way and prevents cars from hitting me and overall i love the hissing sound..

|

Ride Or Die
PrimoPro Hub All Day
Tan Walls above all

10/2/2013 8:47 AM

paden_bmx wrote:

No... that's what my little princess bell is for. [LINK TO IMAGE]

|

ı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̨

10/2/2013 12:16 PM

paden_bmx wrote:

Chrisaustin wrote:

No... that's what my little princess bell is for. [LINK TO IMAGE]

This lol

|

10/2/2013 1:50 PM

Your mom told me that loud hubs turn her on. So, naturally... w00t

|

I have 75 cool points and 5 awesome points

Buy/Sell Refs: Showtime402, fsearles, ticaleb, howlerfbm (x2), irideafly, the balt (x2), MrHavoc1988. dprc