male or female front hub?

Related:
Create New Tag

5/27/2013 5:55 PM

I'm ready to build my front wheel but I'm not sure which hub is best for me. My first choice was the animal javelin since I rep animal hard but then I started thinking maybe I don't need a female hub. Im 140 lbs and I ride hard but have never bent an axle before. Plus I don't plan on grinding the new wheel since I'm building another bike for grinding. I'm debating getting the primo n4 hub to save cash. I've read mixed reviews and some said the axle snaps easily. I can't even tell u what kind of front hub I have now but it has survived a year of my abuse so maybe I don't need the strongest hub out. I like the look of female hubs and can very well afford 1 but if I can save a few bucks and still have a great setup that's cool too. The main reason I'm getting this hub is cause my current one is unsealed and all I need is a new front wheel to complete my fully custom setup with all sealed bearings. If the primo n4 is no good then im open to other suggestions. Like i said i dont plan to grind but i may be tempted to put a peg on one day so i may just go female if thats better. Help me out here

|

5/27/2013 6:00 PM

Female 100% Waaaay Stronger, easier to install & work on. Female are better all round! Get yourself a Javelin with the PYN guards if you're running pegs or if you want metal guards. Cult Match (Female Version) Guards fit, as do the Eclat Pulse Guards! Good luck with the new wheel build & GET A FEMALE FRONT HUB!!

|

5/27/2013 6:18 PM

Like Topsey said, female is better. The BSD Front Street Hub is a pretty good female hub for only $60. If you do decide to put on pegs, BSD makes a guard for it. I have one and it has held up well. Here's a good review I found: http://www.vitalbmx.com/forums/General-BMX-Talk,2/BSD-Front-Hub-Review,1254592

|

5/27/2013 6:19 PM

Yup female. I've had three and liked them more than male, they're good.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

5/27/2013 6:26 PM

If you don't ride pegs then it doesn't really matter, but I think a female hub would look a lot cleaner just cause it doesn't have the axle sticking out. Female in the front is better for pegs cause you won't bend the axle easily, if at all. The BSD is a really nice hub, if you choose female then go for that since it's not too pricey either. If you go for a male axle, definitely go with the Demolition Bulimia v2 hub. I rode the v1 & it was hands down the smoothest hub ever. Demolition front hubs are always smooth and roll forever in my experiences.

|

5/27/2013 6:27 PM

yeah like they all said go with a female their always better, they look better and feel better...unless you like males

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

5/27/2013 6:35 PM

Female front is good, and just out of curiosity, why the fuck would you want a primo n4fl if your not gonna grind?

|

i used to like pork till i found out it came from cops...

5/27/2013 6:36 PM

Purple bike wrote:

Female front is good, and just out of curiosity, why the fuck would you want a primo n4fl if your not gonna grind?

He was talking about the original n4, the male axle one

|

5/27/2013 6:36 PM

Whoops my bad I just reread your post and realized you said n4 not the n4fl lol as for the n4 idk I've never rode one or heard any thing on it

|

i used to like pork till i found out it came from cops...

5/27/2013 8:46 PM

Purple bike wrote:

Whoops my bad I just reread your post and realized you said n4 not the n4fl lol as for the n4 idk I've never rode one or heard ...more

well it is primo and primo is legit

|

Save a tree

Ride a Bike...... I am an environmentalist jk hahaha

BIKE CHECK: http://www.vitalbmx.com/community/WallmartBMX,103987/setup,83842

WATCH MY NEW EDIT IM SO PROUD OF IT!!

5/27/2013 9:16 PM

Front hubs are front hubs. They are the same just with different size bearings (exclude the marm lol).

People say one hub is shit, other love theirs. Bearings are real fucking cheap so get what you like, and at worst replace the bearings eventually. My n4fl is shit, but I know a couple people that swear by them

|

I seek progression, not perfection.

Refs:Beastassdickwink~Dk/oldschool908~TheLilozzy~jaypee23~Bstick~agfracing~MoyBoy5~RIDE a BIKE~wade5~Mattmuldoon@hotmail.com x2~jakebikes~ joe loves shadow~ diss diqq~ k1ng~fly for life x2~spikez5~four~jb07~mike duda~ DORbmx~ bobPA~superstarDK

5/27/2013 9:28 PM

future FBM wrote:

Front hubs are front hubs. They are the same just with different size bearings (exclude the marm lol).

People say one hub is ...more

yeah i hear you with this one. i've had the N4Pro and the n4 which I'm riding now and have loved them but some people just don't have any luck with them at all.

and other people swear by profile but i hate there hubs and never held up for me

|

The first breath is the beginning of death

5/27/2013 9:41 PM

future FBM wrote:

People say one hub is ...more

jamiespadina wrote:

yeah i hear you with this one. i've had the N4Pro and the n4 which I'm riding now and have loved them but some people just ...more

Yeah I loved my vandero and my vandero 2 and both my hazard v2 and v3. But literally everyone else is like "dude they suck man, like for real I got it used and shit and the bearing went after like a year of having a loose hub, they suck."

Personally I don't see a benefi to profile for my riding, it sounds like bees are chasing you, they definitely aren't super strong, and hey suck ass for liking to go backwards cuz it's instant engagement

Just wanted to state it took me 7 minutes to spell definitely right up there ^

|

I seek progression, not perfection.

Refs:Beastassdickwink~Dk/oldschool908~TheLilozzy~jaypee23~Bstick~agfracing~MoyBoy5~RIDE a BIKE~wade5~Mattmuldoon@hotmail.com x2~jakebikes~ joe loves shadow~ diss diqq~ k1ng~fly for life x2~spikez5~four~jb07~mike duda~ DORbmx~ bobPA~superstarDK

5/27/2013 9:44 PM

future FBM wrote:

Yeah I loved my vandero and my vandero 2 and both my hazard v2 and v3. But literally everyone else is like "dude they suck ...more

I can never fucking spell definitely right.... glad I'm not the only one haha. What you said is true though Profile is fucking overrated and overpriced I notice no different than the other three rear hubs I've rode.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

5/27/2013 9:59 PM

So I've decided to go with the BSD Front Street. Gonna have it laced to a Oddy Hazard Lite to go with my Rush freecoaster which I laced to the same rim. I love Animal but the BSD just looks like a better hub and paying $20 more just for a name is kinda dickriding since I'm not trying to make my bike all Animal. I'll be posting my final bike check once I get it. Thanks for the opinions guys.

|

5/27/2013 10:22 PM

ive had the vandero2 for a year and a half now, its the only thing thats really lastest since i built my bike. its such a good hub

|