manual barspins

Related:
Create New Tag

1/20/2016 2:57 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/20/2016 3:03 AM

Hey, I've been doing manual barspins for almost 2 years now started with half bars, now onto trying to bunnyhop full bar. For some reason I can't get the back tire to come off the ground for a year pretty much. I just barspin on the ground can anyone help? My first vid is bunnyhop half bars, I don't have any of me trying to bunnyhop bar on youtube but I do regular barspins and you can see how I do it. I pretty much throw with both hands then my opposite hand instead of being down low ends up really high and then I have to just catch the bars at the same time. It just goes way faster and helps me from falling backwards. search jcbmx on youtube to see

|

1/20/2016 3:04 AM

When I was younger we all raised our seat so you could pinch it with your knees, I could do manual bars for days back then. Haven't tried one without pinching the seat though. Then again, I haven't even tried to throw the b for a couple of years.....

|

1/20/2016 3:08 AM

Could help I guess

|

1/20/2016 5:58 AM

Alot of people make the mistake of focusing on the barspin and not on the hop believe it or not a good hop can make a big difference. Try a medium hop and pinch your knees together then about at the arch or highest point on the hop throw the bars. There's plenty of how-tos online on barspins give a couple a view if you havent already.

|

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
I'm Mr. Meeseeks, Looks at me!

1/20/2016 2:35 PM

bmxer_yoshi wrote:

Alot of people make the mistake of focusing on the barspin and not on the hop believe it or not a good hop can make a big ...more

This.

The hop is very important. If you have hop half bars dialed, just hop a bit higher and throw a bit harder. Practice.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura