manual question

Related:
Create New Tag

5/26/2013 9:06 AM

when you manual do you kinda like push your pedals forward to start it? or no

just a noob looking for answers ;

|

5/26/2013 9:10 AM

No you do not, the start of my manuals, i just simply pull up the bars. as you are manualing you kind of force your back wheel into the ground, you do this by moving your feet.

|

A bike is not a bike if it doesn't have air in the tires.
Bike Check
BSD Front Street Hub Review
Primo Mix Review
Why You WEAR a mouthguard!
Refs.
\BMX-1995/

5/26/2013 10:10 AM

I can't Manual for shit bu I've been told don't pull back on the bars but shift your body weight back to pop it up and find the balance point

|

I'm a punk bmxer, I can't do it well so I do it loud.

5/26/2013 10:42 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/26/2013 10:48 AM

It's sort of a combo of pulling up/leaning back, you don't want to overly do either.

So you get the bike up first. Then go into a position as if you're sitting in a chair. Your arms should now be locked straight.
Now you search for your balance point. To find it you'll be thrusting your hips and knees every which way to stay up.

-Straighten your knees(push on the pedals, same thing) when the front end is falling. Works the same with sticking your butt up.
-Bend your knees when you feel yourself leaning too far back. Works the same with bringing down your butt, to center your gravity.

How much you have to straighten or bend your knees+ass, depends on how much force you are trying to counter. It's all about doing the right adjustments to stay up. Manuals are a very dynamic trick. Think of the balance meter in Tony Hawk video games.You want to stay in the middle. Making the wrong adjustment at the wrong time, or with the wrong amount of force, will send you either too far back or too far forward. Feel the balance point, keep the balance point.

And most of all be patient.

|

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes
STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting

5/26/2013 4:28 PM

do what he ^ said, bht it takes alot of practice and ALOT of time

|

i used to like pork till i found out it came from cops...

5/26/2013 6:06 PM

on thing that helped me is when you start have your front fooot foward pedal higher than the other

|