manual question

Related:
Create New Tag

7/28/2013 5:34 PM

i went from a 20.75 sunday broadcaster to a 21 broadcaster. on the 20.75 i could manny for ever no problem. i steped up to a bigger top tube since i am 6'1. i have everything the same as my old set up but new. Now when i manny i can get into the manny just as easy but im all over the place and cant control from looping out and touching back down. and my back i hurting after a few tries. my question is. would taller bars make this better since i made the front end longer should i make it taller as well?

|

7/28/2013 5:38 PM

when i steped from a 20.25 to a 21 it took a really long time and my back hurt but after some time i guess my back just adjusted when i strted manualling longer

|

7/28/2013 5:58 PM

Just give it time. It'll come back. Forget you bought a new part and your muscle memory will kick in

|

I seek progression, not perfection.

Refs:Beastassdickwink~Dk/oldschool908~TheLilozzy~jaypee23~Bstick~agfracing~MoyBoy5~RIDE a BIKE~wade5~Mattmuldoon@hotmail.com x2~jakebikes~ joe loves shadow~ diss diqq~ k1ng~fly for life x2~spikez5~four~jb07~mike duda~ DORbmx~ bobPA~superstarDK

7/28/2013 11:16 PM

I think if you change your setup, especially a toptube length, you will have a few difficult days for sure. I have this thing where i like to change my rearend length from time to time. It usually helps me learn other things. Like if i cant stop looping out on manuals i get fed up and go change my rearend to a bit longer and i can do em forever. If i am riding nothing but park and doing big stuff i usually notch it back and throw like another halflink on for a slightly longer rearend. If i am trying to be a bit more techy or something and do lines and stuff i slam my wheel. Right now it is slammed for good i think because i finally found my happy medium haha. If you are like me, you ride a few different bikes and your body can adjust to any setup.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

7/28/2013 11:30 PM

Get smaller bars. You have too much leverage

|

I ride for my papou.
Cats got 9 lives I got four.

7/29/2013 4:05 AM

All in your head, did you by chance take your bars off the stem when you did the swap, this can drastically change the feeling of the bike, I remember George French had something about this posted before a while back

But for the most part it's just gonna take some time to get it back, just do hop to manuals all day on something curb hight, and avoid getting frustrated I've noticed that can also throw your riding off quite a bit

Hope this helps

|

Albes Is Rad!!!
Bike Check
YouTube
Instagram
Blood Life
Signature Trick : Foot Plant Whip
future FBM wrote: Finally once we can share a momen
andyferly wrote: OneEyeIlluminatiGuy has spoken.
These bars are officially stupid.

7/29/2013 7:01 AM

maybe a shorter stem?

|

I don't support slut shaming, but I do support snake shaming you snaky bastard