mid-life crisis, depression?

Related:
Create New Tag

11/18/2013 12:01 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/18/2013 12:01 AM

who else here started riding because of mid-life crisis/depression?

could u share your story?

|

11/18/2013 12:27 AM

Some days I feel down for no reason and some days I don't .

|

I'm gonna need bigger bars

11/18/2013 3:39 AM

mid-life crisis?

how old are you?

|

In real life, i'm a short Perverted Azn Man.
But in the internet, i'm a killing machine with 10 years MMA training experience.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
(͡O╭͜ʖ╮͡O)

11/18/2013 5:59 AM

one try kid wrote:

mid-life crisis?

how old are you?

im guessing "mid life" is about 40

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

11/18/2013 6:01 AM

one try kid wrote:

mid-life crisis?

how old are you?

feeble_to_face wrote:

Haha Thank fuck for that, I'm turning 32 in a week. Lolz

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

11/18/2013 6:02 AM

one try kid wrote:

mid-life crisis?

how old are you?

feeble_to_face wrote:

Silly youngins.

I started when I was like 13, still going just shy of 28, just not as fast or often as I used to.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

11/18/2013 7:03 AM

I have ridden bikes since I was a child. I just started riding BMX bikes again a couple years ago. While I AM 40, I didn't even meet my wife until 34, so I had done all kinds of traveling, had fast cars, extremely loud car audio, toys, and chased my fair share of women. There's really not anything I regret not having done when I was younger, aside from getting a higher degree of education, so if I have a mid life crisis, I guess it will be going back to school, possibly a completely unrelated career to my current skill set.

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

11/18/2013 2:19 PM

When you get bummed out just think about the position Stephen Murray is In and how positive he is about it and you realize your problems really aren't that big of a deal after all........I've done that from time to time

|

11/18/2013 5:35 PM

I suffer from clinical depression. Until recently I thought about killing myself daily. Bmx is the only thing that kept me around really. Whenever I was down my bike was there for me, and my bike has brought me the best friends. I'm not a weird little pussy though. My life is fine, car, bike, family, girl, friends, basically everything but I just wanted life over for some reason. Still haven't figured out why.

If bmx helps you, it's all you bro.

|

I seek progression, not perfection.

Refs:Beastassdickwink~Dk/oldschool908~TheLilozzy~jaypee23~Bstick~agfracing~MoyBoy5~RIDE a BIKE~wade5~Mattmuldoon@hotmail.com x2~jakebikes~ joe loves shadow~ diss diqq~ k1ng~fly for life x2~spikez5~four~jb07~mike duda~ DORbmx~ bobPA~superstarDK

11/18/2013 6:30 PM

i have (or had) mid-level depression and diagnosed with immune condition in 2007 or 2008. difficult to be happy, also frowning for past 2 years. i'm 34 this year. felt very empty, life having no direction. always been a loner all my life, but after I'm 30, I felt that I need interaction with people. what I did in the past? play video games, watch futurama

few months ago, i hung out with a friend at a skatepark's burgerking. talked about my life's crisis. he suggested getting a skateboard, and I thought, hmmm why not? so I did that day. for few days I learned skateboard, was fun, until it triggered an old undetected spinal bone injury. so I had an operation. a month later, got me a pair of agressive inline skate, couldn't "feel" it, still feeling unhappy. Saw some bmx riders at the park, thought they were cool. Couldn't wait to get my own bike. got a mongoose, with front and rear brakes, and a stand. what lifted me was the other riders. they desecrated my bike, removed the front brakes, and other nonsense. they welcomed me, thought me to bunny hop. laughed at each other. while skateboarders here are always doing just ollie, these riders are always trying to learn something new. i feel like a kid again. I have never been happier in my life. i feel accepted

|

11/18/2013 7:52 PM

Im only 28 (in a few weeks) so i wouldn't call it a midlife crisis but I have had major depressive disorder since I was a kid. Over a year ago I lost 1 of my best friends who happened to be the 1 who introduced me to bmx when I was 19. He was a year younger than me and had been riding bikes for most of his life. For the 7 years that I knew him I always had my bike around but didn't take bmx as seriously as I would have liked to and for him it wasn't that big a deal cause riding and fixing bikes was just what he did. Once he passed away, that night i found out something made me go out to the parking lot around 3am and practice manuals till the sun came out. From that night on I told myself I would put everything I have into bmx. I became addicted to it and all I care about is progressing and learning new tricks. Im not great and sometimes my anxiety gets the best of me but I love the feeling of being on a bmx bike even if im not in the mood to even bunnyhop. Bmx became my therapy. There's days that i go out and impress myself and i think back to when I was 19 watching my boy do shit I was scared to try. He told me it would come in time and now I'm doing everything he was doing back then. I wish I started younger but fuck it im still young and glad to have bmx in my life. No telling where i would be without it. It motivates me to be healthy and try to cut down on my bad habits. I can't progress if im always too drunk to balance a manual or hung over and have no energy. Bmx is the reason i want to take better care of my body. U could say it saved my life and sometimes I feel it's all I have

|

11/18/2013 8:34 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/18/2013 11:08 PM

I'm glad bmx is able to help people through some tough times, its helped me these last 2 years for sure.

Love it. Always have. Always will.

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12