mongoose

Related:
Create New Tag

10/13/2013 4:09 PM

What is your opinion on them? Good or bad for the industry? I say yes. I have lots of kids who put lots of nice parts on em, Odyssey 3/8 hubs. Laced to alienation rims.

|

10/13/2013 4:18 PM

I used to hate them. They are putting out some decent beginner bike now though, so i guess the're ok.

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

10/13/2013 4:23 PM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

I used to hate them. They are putting out some decent beginner bike now though, so i guess the're ok.

They got alot of kids into bmx, some ride 900's.

|

10/13/2013 5:50 PM

My first, new, non department store bike was a Mongoose. When a kid moved in across the street, he had a powder blue one, but when we would ride each others bikes, his felt totally different. That's when I saw the Hi tensile steel sticker, or whatever it said. That was my first lesson in product tiers, haha. Mongoose back in the 80's did a lot to promote BMX, as did Redline, Hutch, Diamondback, and I'm sure many others. I am honestly glad to see chromo bikes making their way to Walmart shelves. Then the kids of the "Walmart only" families will have a chance at getting a slightly better bike.

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.