more crank crap

Related:
Create New Tag

3/11/2007 2:14 PM

ok so, when the sealed bearings get put into the bb, do you need a tool to actually get them in at all? are they not suppose to slip in any by hand?

|

3/11/2007 2:26 PM

haha, dude oyu got a lot to learn, try to read some of the replies i got back from my posts about cranks. but usually the bearings have to be hammered in. but if oyu dont want to risk breaking them, put them in the freezer for a day, itll compress (cold stuff compresses, hot stuff expands) then itll shrink like 1/3 mm. stick it into the BB right when you take them out of the freezer, itll slip right in. then wait until it heats up and expands into place garantee itll be a lot easierwink

|

3/11/2007 2:31 PM

ConspiracyStepUp wrote:

haha, dude oyu got a lot to learn, try to read some of the replies i got back from my posts about cranks. but usually the ...more

ooooo ok thats what you were talking about. i remember that but before i had no clue what you were talking about. lol thanks...

|

3/11/2007 3:33 PM

ConspiracyStepUp wrote:

haha, dude oyu got a lot to learn, try to read some of the replies i got back from my posts about cranks. but usually the ...more

ConspiracyStepUp wrote:
haha, dude oyu got a lot to learn, try to read some of the replies i got back from my posts about cranks. but usually the bearings have to be hammered in. but if oyu dont want to risk breaking them, put them in the freezer for a day, itll compress (cold stuff compresses, hot stuff expands) then itll shrink like 1/3 mm. stick it into the BB right when you take them out of the freezer, itll slip right in. then wait until it heats up and expands into place garantee itll be a lot easierwink

Are you talking about just span, euro, and mid's, as of I run an american and havent really had any experience with the others.
|

SBCdestroy

village idiot

1/30/2014 4:50 PM

I had nitrous cranks that are american bottom bracket for sale if you want them 40 bucks.

|

1/30/2014 5:04 PM

school of swag wrote:

I had nitrous cranks that are american bottom bracket for sale if you want them 40 bucks.

im sure he wants your nitrous cranks after about 7 years.

|

1/30/2014 5:06 PM

Just USE GREASE, and then make your own tool to press them in. Get a large bolt, with two large washers and a nut. Put the first washer on the bolt and then put the bearing on, then put the bolt through the bottom bracket of the frame with another large washer on the other side, and then tighten the nut on the other end, it will pull the bearing in to your frame. Repeat for the spacer and second bearing on the other side.

Essentially, you are making something like this http://www.parktool.com/product/home-mechanic-bearing-cup-press-hhp-3 but just with a simple set of washers, a bolt and a nut on the end.

You can use a hammer, but you just have to be careful, and you probably want to try a rubber mallet at first.

|

Chris

www.bmxtransition.com
Canadian BMX Mailorder
Instagram: @transitionbmx

1/30/2014 6:22 PM

transition_chris wrote:

Just USE GREASE, and then make your own tool to press them in. Get a large bolt, with two large washers and a nut. Put the ...more

Look at the date, haha. This was kinda pointless..

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

1/30/2014 10:56 PM

transition_chris wrote:

Just USE GREASE, and then make your own tool to press them in. Get a large bolt, with two large washers and a nut. Put the ...more

isnowyaznV2 wrote:

Look at the date, haha. This was kinda pointless..

It wasn't him, it was school of swag

|

"if you feel yourself falling backwards, thrust forward like you would if you were indeed fucking your bike, and if youre falling forwards, push your legs while leaning back, like if you were pulling out from fucking your bike But dont, under any circumstances, actually fuck your bike" - EddiMundo

1/30/2014 11:14 PM

That freezer thing. Damn. I would rather do that than hammer them into some frames. Putting bb cups into American frames especially. I never thought of that either unsure I have been so confused lately about everything for some reasonsad

|

Instagram

Refs:tomdon x4,Xxohioanxx,BigCurn, Don't remember the rest