more frame help

Related:
Create New Tag

11/17/2010 3:58 PM

i was going to get a federal lacey but now im thinking a Metal moon unit frame? what do you think???

|

look at cupovjoes signature ~bike check~ i love shadow smile

11/17/2010 4:50 PM

Moon Unit if you have the cash!

|

Refs: ~Stolen Boy~, Brokenbmx(x2), Warchol2, nitrojimbo, Cjmdawg, _brendan, handlebar-to-face

11/17/2010 4:59 PM

yeah the purplre and black looks sick

|

look at cupovjoes signature ~bike check~ i love shadow smile

11/17/2010 5:07 PM

Just look at the geometry of the two. Whichever one you like more is the one you should go for!

|

Refs: ~Stolen Boy~, Brokenbmx(x2), Warchol2, nitrojimbo, Cjmdawg, _brendan, handlebar-to-face

11/17/2010 5:13 PM

haha about that. im new to bmx and know some of the geomtry i like but not much (20.5 headtube is about all) dont want to be a tard but could you explain?

|

look at cupovjoes signature ~bike check~ i love shadow smile

11/17/2010 5:24 PM

your gonna want a shorter back end, like 13,75 or shorter, pretty low seat tube height, and 75 headtube. pretty basic easy to ride frame. what i learned all my stuff on

|

11/17/2010 5:24 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/15/2016 4:55 AM

mirraco rida' wrote:

haha about that. im new to bmx and know some of the geomtry i like but not much (20.5 headtube is about all) dont want to be a tard but could you explain?

For me, Toptube and Chainstay are what effects me most. (that i realize)
A long chainstay is harder to pull up into a manual, but easier to keep it steady.
A short chainstay is easier to pull up into a manual, but harder to keep it steady.

Here is FBM's custom frame form, it may help you understand a little better?
http://www.fbmbmx.com/...omFrameOrderForm.php
(personally though, you should really think this through)

1. What is wrong with your current frame?
2. What will you be gaining with a new frame?
3. What will you lose with a new frame? (besides money of course)

|

Refs: ~Stolen Boy~, Brokenbmx(x2), Warchol2, nitrojimbo, Cjmdawg, _brendan, handlebar-to-face

11/17/2010 5:30 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/17/2010 5:34 PM

i personally wouldnt get it because i dont like its geo but out of those to the metal moon unit

|

.

11/17/2010 5:33 PM

And also, if you hate your MirraCo so much, why not just save up about $500 and buy a decent complete that you are happy with instead of spending $369.99 for the Metal Moon Unit.

(Danscomp has a 20% off code too, so you could save and get a nice complete that you are happy with)

|

Refs: ~Stolen Boy~, Brokenbmx(x2), Warchol2, nitrojimbo, Cjmdawg, _brendan, handlebar-to-face

11/18/2010 12:21 PM

\BMX-1995/ wrote:

And also, if you hate your MirraCo so much, why not just save up about $500 and buy a decent complete that you are happy with instead of spending $369.99 for the Metal Moon Unit.

(Danscomp has a 20% off code too, so you could save and get a nice complete that you are happy with)

because i have new handlabars,grips,pedals,stem,pegs,sprocket and chain on it. Alsoo my 2009 mirra haS an standard headset

|

look at cupovjoes signature ~bike check~ i love shadow smile

11/18/2010 1:45 PM

mirraco rida' wrote:

because i have new handlabars,grips,pedals,stem,pegs,sprocket and chain on it. Alsoo my 2009 mirra haS an standard headset

I used to ride a standard headset, i shattered the cage that holds the ball bearings in. Still rode it like that, but now i have a frame with an Integrated headset. It is nice, but not worth spending $369.99 + $25.00 for a different style headset.

To be honest i would buy something a little less expensive. I really like the Premium Deathtrap alot, i would suggest that. For $250 and a lifetime warranty, what's not to love?

(not telling you what to do, just a suggestion)

|

Refs: ~Stolen Boy~, Brokenbmx(x2), Warchol2, nitrojimbo, Cjmdawg, _brendan, handlebar-to-face