more freecoasters?

Related:
Create New Tag

2/26/2009 7:17 PM

i just ordered my alienation FC, anyone have some tips on not destroying it, like how often do i clean it and stuff?

|

Lunchbox man

2/27/2009 10:53 AM

ive never cleaned mine once... its a hit or miss if you get a good one

but ummm idk man just ride your bike shit is gonna happen no matter what you do

|

My refs ?... Nigga just ask about me

2/27/2009 5:57 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/14/2016 6:41 PM

I have heard cleaning a FC once a month is a good habit, I would clean/regrease it maybe every 2 or 3 weeks if you ride more. Try to to trash it up, maybe get a hub guard if you grind and just be good to it. Parts aren't made to last forever, so eventually it will be junk, but if you take care of it, that may be a LONG time from now.

I heard about a guy who rode for S&M (I think), a few years back having a Nankai Freecoaster (pretty old brand) and having only changed the bearings like once or twice since he got it like 10 years before that, and the axle maybe twice. I think his name was Sean McKinney, but don't hold me to it.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

2/27/2009 5:58 PM

i want one so badly

|

My nigga Ressler, stay up!
My nigga Babysatan, stay up!
My nigga Copiolet, stay up!
My nigga DakAttack, stay up!
My nigga NCDave, stay up!
My nigga Enzo, stay up!

And I ride for my niggas

2/27/2009 6:00 PM

I am not a huge fan of free coasters. But I have heard that you are supposed to clean them out frequently.

|

I am feeling classy.

2/27/2009 6:05 PM

JustRideBMX wrote:

i want one so badly

I have one, but I don't use it a lot, mainly because I like to back pedal...they are fun though!

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

2/27/2009 6:06 PM

JustRideBMX wrote:

i want one so badly

dave lawrence wrote:

I have one, but I don't use it a lot, mainly because I like to back pedal...they are fun though!

i can fakie forever without one
but i want one to try more variety of tricks

|

My nigga Enzo, stay up!

And I ride for my niggas

2/27/2009 6:26 PM

JustRideBMX wrote:

i want one so badly

dave lawrence wrote:

JustRideBMX wrote:

The only "new thing" is backwards manuals are much easier. The rest can be done with timing.

|

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

2/27/2009 6:30 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

JustRideBMX wrote:

dave lawrence wrote:

The only "new thing" is backwards manuals are much easier. The rest can be done with timing.

yeah i know
but i would like to be able to fakie hop down stairs, sick tire slides, 540 cabs, 180 to fakie manual

|

My nigga Enzo, stay up!

And I ride for my niggas

2/27/2009 7:32 PM

JustRideBMX wrote:

dave lawrence wrote:

JustRideBMX wrote:

yeah i know
but i would like to be able to fakie hop down stairs, sick tire slides, 540 cabs, 180 to fakie manual

I spose...I watched a 540 cab the other night, no freecoaster...the guy who did it is really friggin good though

|

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

2/27/2009 7:45 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

JustRideBMX wrote:

yeah i know

dave lawrence wrote:

I spose...I watched a 540 cab the other night, no freecoaster...the guy who did it is really friggin good though

yeah dude
freecoasters are just my style

|

My nigga Enzo, stay up!

And I ride for my niggas

2/27/2009 7:46 PM

that would be so fucking sweet.