more responsive?

Related:
Create New Tag

5/30/2016 10:33 PM

My bmx isn't as responsive as I want it to be... what can I do to make it more responsive what can I adjust and if I need to what do I need to buy

|

5/30/2016 11:46 PM

Ride more.
A frame with shorter chainstays and a higher bb will be more responsive. So will taller bars. But with responsiveness you lose stability

|

5/31/2016 7:10 AM

Hit it with a defribulater

|

5/31/2016 7:19 AM

eskimojay wrote:

I fucking laughed so hard at this.

but anyway pretty much what grumpy said, also if youre new to bmx nothing is better than riding and getting more accustomed to your bike before making any changes.

|

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
I'm Mr. Meeseeks, Looks at me!

6/2/2016 3:31 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/2/2016 3:31 PM

call life alert

|

1996 dyno slammer, 1997 mosh pro, 1998 gt vertigo, 2000 haro backtrail x3, 2004 free agent tigercat, 2005 volume dinosaur, 2005 s&m black bike, 2013 stolen saint 24", 2015 flybikes proton

6/2/2016 5:18 PM

Ride more to get used to it, taller bars, shorter reach stem, shorter reach forks (if you have 32 mm, get 25 etc for offset), shorter rear end of the frame, higher bb, lighter wheel parts (tires, tubes etc) will make it easier to throw around.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

6/3/2016 9:43 AM

eskimojay wrote:

Yayuhhh!

|

6/3/2016 9:46 AM

From what I understand taller bars do the same as low bbs and take away the twitch and make it more mellow. Could be wrong of course.

|

6/4/2016 6:13 AM

Giorgio_Kenney wrote:

My bmx isn't as responsive as I want it to be... what can I do to make it more responsive what can I adjust and if I need to what do I need to buy

Too responsive/twitchy is a bad thing sometimes. My bike is is real whippy and it feels like I've got about 5 degrees of movement when I manual before I'm off the back.

Having said that you can pretty much get used to anything if you ride enough.

|

6/4/2016 10:53 AM

Sean_Goff wrote:

From what I understand taller bars do the same as low bbs and take away the twitch and make it more mellow. Could be wrong of course.

Nah its the other way round. Tall bars make it super easy to lift the front end and harder to balance. Hence I run my stem upside-down now

|

6/4/2016 1:53 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/4/2016 1:55 PM

Sean_Goff wrote:

grumpySteve wrote:

Nah its the other way round. Tall bars make it super easy to lift the front end and harder to balance. Hence I run my stem upside-down now

Ah, ok. I was talking more about the steering and handling but yeah, I remember looping out all the time when I first got taller bars. mathematically speaking though larger things take longer to spin/move because a
larger radius means it takes longer (more effort/harder) to complete a motion or rotation. It also provides more leverage but with that leverage also comes the effort necessary to travel the distance meaning more effort at slow speeds but less wobble at high speeds. I think ppl like them cuz it lifts your chest which pushes your head closer to ur center of gravity which means better balance and comfort. But u r right about them pulling up faster.

|