motivating friends

Related:
Create New Tag

11/23/2013 4:16 PM

so i think my friend garret has kinda lost motivation to ride. he hardly ever comes out anymore and never talks about riding at school or anything. anybody know some ways i could get him interested in riding again?

and im also buying a new bike soon from my buddy. hes letting me ride it right now and its amazing.
Photo

its a subrosa balum v2 frame with great parts and its got profile minis front and back.
hes giving it to me for $300 and im so stoked.

|

11/23/2013 4:19 PM

tell him if he starts to ride again you'll get him strippers and lemonade

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

11/23/2013 4:23 PM

handlebar-to-face wrote:

tell him if he starts to ride again you'll get him strippers and lemonade

aw good idea!

|

11/23/2013 7:38 PM

You cant force anything that ain't there. Maybe your friend is losing interest in Bmx, don't force life... let it happen.

|

11/24/2013 1:02 AM

Just ask him if he still wants to ride if not then do not force him.

|

You say BMX is your life but you barely ride.
BUT hey, That's none of my business.

11/24/2013 1:24 AM

To me riding is all about fun, so if he doesn't enjoy riding anymore the just let him not ride.

|

11/24/2013 6:59 AM

Let him do his thing, sometimes you need a break.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

11/24/2013 12:48 PM

Im sorry to hear about your friend. Show him videos and get him on vital. haha That will make you wanna ride right there. I have a friend that wanted to quit bc his bike would always break and stuff. Just give him time, if he enjoys riding he will stick with it. At what level does he ride? Sometimes if they really struggle at riding they need a little inspiration to keep going.

Sick bike tho! I bet it rides real good!

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

11/24/2013 1:34 PM

find a new spot. tell him about the new spot. BAM instant motivation

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

11/24/2013 8:39 PM

Convince him to ride like maybe 1 or 2 days and get him to try stuff and then see whatever he gets closest to and then tell him to keep trying it until he gets it.. If he still doesn't wanna bike after being so close to a trick then I don't think bikinis for him..

|

Bang Bang bmx

11/25/2013 12:00 AM

Honestly, don't force people back into hobbies they've left. They have some kind of reason. If you're desperate and your friend shows some tiny bit of interest, ease back into doing things you both like. When my friend quit like 3-4 months ago, I was totally happy cause he put me down a lot and then I just rode and got 5x better than him in a few short months after that. But I'm sad that he doesn't ride anymore. He did get a complete bike recently but doesn't really ride, just for transportation. A DAMN 2014 LUXE FOR TRANSPORTATION I TELL YA.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update





Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

11/25/2013 1:33 PM

MaximusBikes wrote:

Im sorry to hear about your friend. Show him videos and get him on vital. haha That will make you wanna ride right there. I have a friend that wanted to quit bc his bike would always break and stuff. Just give him time, if he enjoys riding he will stick with it. At what level does he ride? Sometimes if they really struggle at riding they need a little inspiration to keep going.

Sick bike tho! I bet it rides real good!

i feel ya. hes not very good but hes tryna get 180s and stuff. and the bike rides sooooooo good!

|

11/25/2013 1:34 PM

isnowyaznV2 wrote:

Honestly, don't force people back into hobbies they've left. They have some kind of reason. If you're desperate and your friend shows some tiny bit of interest, ease back into doing things you both like. When my friend quit like 3-4 months ago, I was totally happy cause he put me down a lot and then I just rode and got 5x better than him in a few short months after that. But I'm sad that he doesn't ride anymore. He did get a complete bike recently but doesn't really ride, just for transportation. A DAMN 2014 LUXE FOR TRANSPORTATION I TELL YA.

i feel bad for him. it seems like hes not really picking up the little techniques and tips i give him. ive been riding for a while longer than him but ive progressed so much i think he mightve got a litle jealous.

|

11/25/2013 2:26 PM

Ask him if he wants to ride. If he says no, he's lost interest in the sport.

|

11/25/2013 3:55 PM

Garnished wrote:

Ask him if he wants to ride. If he says no, he's lost interest in the sport.

hm. wouldve never guessed.

|