my beginning

Related:
Create New Tag

8/31/2013 9:38 PM

I just bought a used fit bike for $125 (low price due to a "bad" hub wich I fixed instantly, new grease and tightening) and am wondering what tricks I should learn first. I can bunny hop and have jumping skills but wondering what I should start with.

|

8/31/2013 9:40 PM

180s, bars or no handers would probably be a good start

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

8/31/2013 9:44 PM

on a level of 1 to 10, how hard are simple grinds?

|

8/31/2013 9:48 PM

here is the bike, only 100 bucks

|

8/31/2013 9:50 PM

wait, here it isPhoto

|

8/31/2013 9:52 PM

dat sprocket

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

8/31/2013 9:55 PM

Can you take one right side up? Doesnt look bad tho, even from that angle, its not very new. It looks like it is from about 2005 id say, maybe a little older or newer, idk tho. You coulda got it for like 70 i bet. Try improving your bike control and your hopping to the point where you are amazing at it. Then learn g turns, 180s, and x ups off jumps, one footers and no footers, then move to the next level on 360s.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

8/31/2013 10:05 PM

Learn peacock airs......That's a rare trick

|

8/31/2013 10:12 PM

Learn how to drop in and air out.
Learn that shit ASAP

|

Put in work.
Put in work.
Put in work.
Flacko put 'em in the dirt.

8/31/2013 10:20 PM

MaximusBikes wrote:

Can you take one right side up? Doesnt look bad tho, even from that angle, its not very new. It looks like it is from about 2005 id say, maybe a little older or newer, idk tho. You coulda got it for like 70 i bet. Try improving your bike control and your hopping to the point where you are amazing at it. Then learn g turns, 180s, and x ups off jumps, one footers and no footers, then move to the next level on 360s.

I tried for seventy bucks, the ignorant eleventh grader I was dealing with thought that an 8th grader was going to be easy to scam, he wanted $250

|

8/31/2013 10:36 PM

For $150 you couldve got a dk or Mongoose from walmart brand new.

They're actually stepping it up. Using 8spline 3pc cranks, 25/9 ratio, and dual pinch stems. Definitelynice for a beginner.

As for this bike, it looks like trash to me.. so old and beat. Could have got same bike if not better in that condition for $50. You got rippped. Dont buy used parts/bikes unless they're hardly used and come with receipts.

Or they're extremely cheap. I bought odyssey cs2s and profile cranks for $35 no questions asked and no receipts. Cranks only lasted a few months but the forks carried on for 1-2years and then I upgraded and gifted them to a friend a few months ago who's still riding em
Haha

|




Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx


8/31/2013 10:45 PM

I would say just start trying to hop up stuff like curbs, stacking bricks on each other small cones ect. Then try 180's and 360's and stuff like that if you like park learn how to pump, air out, drop in . I think that bike is decent a little out dated yes but i think it will work starting out.

|

Check out my youtube channel!! http://www.youtube.com/user/mikel8149

8/31/2013 10:46 PM

though about getting a hyper at wal mart with three pieces, but then I lifted the bike. I could tell there was no way I was going to learn on it. and the fit is solid, no way you could get a better bike for 50. frame has no cracks and is not as heavy as my other vintage bike i was going to start with. I gave the vintage away to my best friends dad who is an old-school rider and has properly restored it.

|

8/31/2013 10:47 PM

i would learn tailwhips, 720s, nollies, and manual can cans

|

This week's Sweet Shoutout goes to: biggybuggy!

8/31/2013 10:51 PM

crazyclark wrote:

i would learn tailwhips, 720s, nollies, and manual can cans

Photo
|

8/31/2013 10:53 PM

biggybuggy wrote:

though about getting a hyper at wal mart with three pieces, but then I lifted the bike. I could tell there was no way I was going to learn on it. and the fit is solid, no way you could get a better bike for 50. frame has no cracks and is not as heavy as my other vintage bike i was going to start with. I gave the vintage away to my best friends dad who is an old-school rider and has properly restored it.

Yeah but the fit looks like its been abused, different, crappy cranks on it, and most likely unsealed everything. And there's no telling what parts have been swappep out or what its been through. Shouldve got a DK that weight arounfd 30lbs from walmart. Dk is tough as bricks.

|




Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx


8/31/2013 10:56 PM

I live in a small town and that hyper was the best they had. they dont even stock tubes!

|

9/1/2013 3:06 AM

GUYS at least he has his own bike which he can ride...

|

Bruh

9/1/2013 7:20 AM

biggybuggy wrote:

though about getting a hyper at wal mart with three pieces, but then I lifted the bike. I could tell there was no way I was going to learn on it. and the fit is solid, no way you could get a better bike for 50. frame has no cracks and is not as heavy as my other vintage bike i was going to start with. I gave the vintage away to my best friends dad who is an old-school rider and has properly restored it.

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Yeah but the fit looks like its been abused, different, crappy cranks on it, and most likely unsealed everything. And there's no telling what parts have been swappep out or what its been through. Shouldve got a DK that weight arounfd 30lbs from walmart. Dk is tough as bricks.

The walmart DKs are still cheaper versions of the shop level DKs. They are not the same.

This fit will outlast a walmart DK. Clean it up, maybe a little TLC (see if a local shop has any kind of winter tune up special) and get it done up and it will be decent to learn on.

I would NEVER suggest a walmart bike over something sold from a shop, regardless of age.

As to the OP, learn hops, 180s, 360s, manuals, and other basics. Jumping, airing out, dropping in, a few grinds (double peggers, feebles, smiths). Just ride and have fun.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

9/1/2013 7:44 AM

what would you recommend for helmets. Don't say im "gay" for wanting one. Gay is happy or homosexual, and homosexuals are OK, we got one on vital.. furthermore this discussion room.

|

9/1/2013 8:05 AM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

For $150 you couldve got a dk or Mongoose from walmart brand new.

They're actually stepping it up. Using 8spline 3pc cranks, 25/9 ratio, and dual pinch stems. Definitelynice for a beginner.

As for this bike, it looks like trash to me.. so old and beat. Could have got same bike if not better in that condition for $50. You got rippped. Dont buy used parts/bikes unless they're hardly used and come with receipts.

Or they're extremely cheap. I bought odyssey cs2s and profile cranks for $35 no questions asked and no receipts. Cranks only lasted a few months but the forks carried on for 1-2years and then I upgraded and gifted them to a friend a few months ago who's still riding em
Haha

WalMart has a Mongoose thats all chromo, half link chain and double walled rims, for only $200

|

Put in work.
Put in work.
Put in work.
Flacko put 'em in the dirt.

9/1/2013 8:20 AM

biggybuggy wrote:

what would you recommend for helmets. Don't say im "gay" for wanting one. Gay is happy or homosexual, and homosexuals are OK, we got one on vital.. furthermore this discussion room.

ProTec Bucky Lastic helmets feel amazing but I'm pretty sure they don't protect you for shit so I would go with this I've heard it fits just as good but still has decent protection. I would also check out Poc helmets if you have money to blow.

|

"It's not a scooter, it's a bike." - Van Homan
My Fit

9/1/2013 8:30 AM

fitbikerider14 wrote:

ProTec Bucky Lastic helmets feel amazing but I'm pretty sure they don't protect you for shit so I would go with this I've heard it fits just as good but still has decent protection. I would also check out Poc helmets if you have money to blow.

Ask MadDog how well those Bucky Lastics hold on up.

|

Put in work.
Put in work.
Put in work.
Flacko put 'em in the dirt.

9/1/2013 8:48 AM

Ya that's why I'm saying get the Bell and it sucks because like a week after I bought mine I heard about what happened to him and that's my only helmet right now except for my full face but it's my fault I knew it wasn't as strong I just didn't think about it when I ordered it.

|

"It's not a scooter, it's a bike." - Van Homan
My Fit

9/1/2013 8:49 AM

Does MadDog use the segment now?

|

"It's not a scooter, it's a bike." - Van Homan
My Fit

9/1/2013 9:15 AM

fitbikerider14 wrote:

Does MadDog use the segment now?

He does! haha, i think he may even use the faction. I have the faction and i swear that thing saves your brain and is pretty comfy too.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

9/1/2013 9:20 AM

fitbikerider14 wrote:

Does MadDog use the segment now?

MaximusBikes wrote:

He does! haha, i think he may even use the faction. I have the faction and i swear that thing saves your brain and is pretty comfy too.

He uses the segment.

It has this hard shell thing that molds to the shape of your head

|

I'm gonna need bigger bars

9/1/2013 9:31 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/1/2013 9:32 AM

Looks like since the foam is cut it will flex slightly for more comfort but still good protection and I like how the layers are thin so your head doesn't look like the mushroom people from mario haha.

|

"It's not a scooter, it's a bike." - Van Homan
My Fit

9/1/2013 9:33 AM

Photo
|

"It's not a scooter, it's a bike." - Van Homan
My Fit

9/1/2013 12:29 PM

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura