my rim is officially doing the splits

Related:
Create New Tag

5/14/2014 4:42 PM

My Odyssey Quadrant rim. That used to be pomegranate which is now blue.is starting to split. As you can see below

what rims would you guys recommend. I am doing a new bike build and I figure I should start with wheels now. I also want a new hub.

Anyway. I am wanting to go with Sun Envy Rims. They have a welded seam as well. But I am in a okay enough position to get Aerospace Rims. Or even G Sport rims for that matter. This is all happening by the end of the month though.

Reccomend any color you want. Cause I have no ccompletely set color scheme of my next build.

|

Welp, broke past 1000... yeeeee

My Youtube / RainBMX
My Insta / What_Is_Barspin

5/14/2014 4:49 PM

Gsport all day, I mean if you got the cash do it.

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

5/14/2014 4:54 PM

Ribcages or 7kas

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

5/14/2014 5:09 PM

Alienation Runaway Stay Strong from Danscomp.. on sale for $45
Cross lace
CNCd sidewalls
6069-T6 (30% stronger than 6061)

I really like mine so far. Pretty damn light but also super strong due to structure and material. I would consider them equally strong to Birdcages.

Alienation 7up on Alienations webstore.. on sale for $40
Alienation Delinquent structure
7003E-T6 (15% stronger than 6061)

I ran two of these for a year and a half and didn't have to true them once (I trued my Odyssey Hazards every two months or so). They were INCREDIBLY stiff but also SUPER heavy (19oz.) I consider these the strongest rims on the market, or atleast tied with Ribcages. Theyre so incredibly beefy, but the weight is insane. I replaced them because they didn't work too well with my gyro set up.

Gsport rims are always an incredible choice aswell. Cant go wrong.

Sun Big Ballers are well worth the price.

Eastern U-Shapes are AMAZING but goodluck finding some, im pretty sure they were only available stock on completes.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

5/14/2014 5:21 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/14/2014 5:21 PM

Sun Rhyno Lite or City Lite, eyeletted spoke holes, these are strong.

|

5/14/2014 5:22 PM

Installation Error.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

5/14/2014 5:22 PM

Envy's you can use for freestyle, I've had them but they do have slight flex in them and that was on park/dirt, I would not recommend them for street no way no how, go for Rhyno or City's

|

5/14/2014 7:11 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Cross lace
CNCd sidewalls

I really like mine so far. Pretty damn light but also super strong due to structure and material. I would consider them equally strong to Birdcages.

I ran two of these for a year and a half and didn't have to true them once (I trued my Odyssey Hazards every two months or so). They were INCREDIBLY stiff but also SUPER heavy (19oz.) I consider these the strongest rims on the market, or atleast tied with Ribcages. Theyre so incredibly beefy, but the weight is insane. I replaced them because they didn't work too well with my gyro set up.

Eastern U-Shapes are AMAZING but goodluck finding some, im pretty sure they were only available stock on completes.

Was your name "AlienationRules" in bmx-forum.com ?

|

In real life, i'm a short Perverted Azn Man.
But in the internet, i'm a killing machine with 10 years MMA training experience.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
(͡O╭͜ʖ╮͡O)

5/14/2014 7:21 PM

3 best rims i have come to know
Rib cage
Hula Hoop
Big Baller Or the Big City

All are very tough rims and all have their little special thing about them.
Dont get Aero rims though

|

The first breath is the beginning of death

5/14/2014 7:31 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Cross lace
CNCd sidewalls

one try kid wrote:

Was your name "AlienationRules" in bmx-forum.com ?

Nope? Never had a bmx-forum account. I wouldn't say Alienation is my favorite company or anything worth putting them in my username, but they do have a great selection of rims for different styles of riding. I would take some Alienations over just about anything except MAYBE Sun and Gsport depending on the rim.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon

5/14/2014 7:56 PM

Aaaaaah The Troubles Of Pinned Rims! Doesn't Matter If They're Sleeved & Pinned, Tri-Pinned, Quad Pinned Yada, Yada, Yada, If You Ride Hard Eventually Pinned Rims Will Split Or Even Explode If You're Unlucky! Rim Wise...

Eclat Polar (Aero If You're Brakeless) Jaw (Also If You're Brakeless!)
Shadow Corvus
G-Sport Ribcage OR Birdcage If You're A Trails/Park/Flat Rider Or Front Like A Birdcage Front/Ribcage Rear Set Up
Odyssey Aerospace/7KA/Hazard Lite
Primo VS
Kink Atlas
Demolition Zero
Fly Classic
Cinema 777/AR777 (Better For Brake Wear)
Alienation Felon OR Malice TCS, You Can Use Presta Valves With Them & Eventually Run The Alienation Tubeless System!

I'd Put Money On Any Of Them Being PERFECTLY Fine For You! & Most Riders For That Matter!

|

5/14/2014 8:26 PM

Topsey wrote:

Aaaaaah The Troubles Of Pinned Rims! Doesn't Matter If They're Sleeved & Pinned, Tri-Pinned, Quad Pinned Yada, Yada, Yada, If You Ride Hard Eventually Pinned Rims Will Split Or Even Explode If You're Unlucky! Rim Wise...

Eclat Polar (Aero If You're Brakeless) Jaw (Also If You're Brakeless!)
Shadow Corvus
G-Sport Ribcage OR Birdcage If You're A Trails/Park/Flat Rider Or Front Like A Birdcage Front/Ribcage Rear Set Up
Odyssey Aerospace/7KA/Hazard Lite
Primo VS
Kink Atlas
Demolition Zero
Fly Classic
Cinema 777/AR777 (Better For Brake Wear)
Alienation Felon OR Malice TCS, You Can Use Presta Valves With Them & Eventually Run The Alienation Tubeless System!

I'd Put Money On Any Of Them Being PERFECTLY Fine For You! & Most Riders For That Matter!

If you drill the TCS rims for Presta then they will NOT work with TCS system.
Im sure there is a way to mod this, like putting a tire patch over the hole or something, but theres no way to tell forsure unless someone tries it.

|

5/14/2014 9:06 PM

if you can afford it go for some hazard lites. its all i run now. never once had an issue with them

|

"Forget 'today', 'today' is just tomorrow, disguised as yesterday"
TRANSPORTATION CHECK
Refs: ThrowAfit, 2funny4u, ridebmx456, spikez5, irideafly and a bunch of others, I'M LEGIT.
email= element4all@yahoo.com
facebook.
Instagram

5/14/2014 9:31 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

If you drill the TCS rims for Presta then they will NOT work with TCS system.
Im sure there is a way to mod this, like putting a tire patch over the hole or something, but theres no way to tell forsure unless someone tries it.

Got It The Wrong Way Round Thar My Friend! Presta Valves Are The Teenie Weenie Thin Valves & Schrader Are What Pretty Much 100% Of The BMX Community Run!

Straight From Dans Comps Website...
Use of Schrader valve tubes requires drilling out the valve hole. However, if you drill for Schrader, you will not be able to convert to tubeless in the future.

|

5/14/2014 10:42 PM

7kA's are available on eBay for $60 each.
In chrome.
Just bought a set to lace 4x to my Gsport marm and ratchet. BOMBPROOF. For cheap.

|

HardBMX_Tim wrote: I welded a peg to my pedal so I could do pedal grinds. I would rather wear a teletubbies speedo than a shirt with the word "Bitches" on it, or even worse, "Swag".

5/14/2014 11:03 PM

SEVEN KA's ALL DAY

|

5/14/2014 11:40 PM

ribcage, 7ka, or hazard lites

|

You're never too old to have fun.

Bike
Summer riding

5/15/2014 1:11 AM

Alex Supra J rims! If you can find any

|

5/15/2014 5:53 AM

ComplicatedStreetBmx wrote:

Alex Supra J rims! If you can find any

Might have a better chance of finding a mint condition Kuwahara at a yard sale in Compton...

|

HardBMX_Tim wrote: I welded a peg to my pedal so I could do pedal grinds. I would rather wear a teletubbies speedo than a shirt with the word "Bitches" on it, or even worse, "Swag".