my sprocket is moving back and front when i pedal

Related:
Create New Tag

5/7/2013 7:44 AM

my sprocket is moving back and front when i pedal and my chain loosens and tightens i need help :/ !!

|

5/7/2013 7:46 AM

You havent got the correct top hat washer on the inside of the sprocket. Take it all off, pop the top hat washer in & rebuild the crank setup & you're good to go.

|

5/7/2013 8:44 AM

You need a spacer in your sprocket.

|

5/7/2013 10:10 AM

BMX_Forever wrote:

You need a spacer in your sprocket.

This.
You did something wrong.

|

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

5/7/2013 10:21 AM

yup need a spacer

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

5/7/2013 11:04 AM

This happens and is still happening to my bike, the guys at my bike shop said that it is because the sprocket is not a prefect circle, and that all sprockets are slightly ovalized, so idk mine does it really bad to the point that the Cain is tight at one point, and a half crank later it is sitting afew mm's above the frame

|

i used to like pork till i found out it came from cops...

5/7/2013 11:21 AM

Purple bike wrote:

This happens and is still happening to my bike, the guys at my bike shop said that it is because the sprocket is not a prefect circle, and that all sprockets are slightly ovalized, so idk mine does it really bad to the point that the Cain is tight at one point, and a half crank later it is sitting afew mm's above the frame

Yeah that happens to me too, but from what he said it sounds like the whole sprocket is moving, which would suggest a lack of a Spacer.

|

5/7/2013 11:22 AM

Purple bike wrote:

This happens and is still happening to my bike, the guys at my bike shop said that it is because the sprocket is not a prefect circle, and that all sprockets are slightly ovalized, so idk mine does it really bad to the point that the Cain is tight at one point, and a half crank later it is sitting afew mm's above the frame

BMX_Forever wrote:

Yeah that happens to me too, but from what he said it sounds like the whole sprocket is moving, which would suggest a lack of a Spacer.

Ohh lol my bad

|

i used to like pork till i found out it came from cops...

5/7/2013 11:31 AM

Purple bike wrote:

This happens and is still happening to my bike, the guys at my bike shop said that it is because the sprocket is not a prefect circle, and that all sprockets are slightly ovalized, so idk mine does it really bad to the point that the Cain is tight at one point, and a half crank later it is sitting afew mm's above the frame

BMX_Forever wrote:

Yeah that happens to me too, but from what he said it sounds like the whole sprocket is moving, which would suggest a lack of a Spacer.

Purple bike wrote:

Ohh lol my bad

Haha not saying you're wrong, just putting it out there.

|

5/7/2013 6:52 PM

Is the chain going tight to loose normal? I always thought I just had a bent sprockey

|

Anderson IN

5/7/2013 6:55 PM

loudsilence96 wrote:

Is the chain going tight to loose normal? I always thought I just had a bent sprockey

I learned from my lbs that all sprockets are slightly oval shaped so tight spots are normal, but I'm not so sure because my old sprocket had no tight spot what so ever

|

i used to like pork till i found out it came from cops...

5/7/2013 7:10 PM

I'm missing like 5-6 spokes in my front rim, I really need to replace them. Think I should stop riding till I get new ones?

|

Anderson IN

5/7/2013 7:36 PM

Spacer, you should noticed this when you installed it

|

Check my Youtube Channel and Subscribe if you like.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC62awwE63LVhyBqOgIyY3ZA
Follow me on Instagram @ scott_effting & toododgy

5/7/2013 7:37 PM

loudsilence96 wrote:

I'm missing like 5-6 spokes in my front rim, I really need to replace them. Think I should stop riding till I get new ones?

yup just tighten the others or just go spend 6 bucks and buy some

|

Check my Youtube Channel and Subscribe if you like.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC62awwE63LVhyBqOgIyY3ZA
Follow me on Instagram @ scott_effting & toododgy