my tire has a hole

Related:
Create New Tag

5/3/2021 12:07 PM

so i had puncture for 3 sesh in a row this week (each time on my way to the skatepark)
lately i tried to hop a big ledge and had a snakebite that left my tire with a hole in it so i suspect it for being the reason to those puncture's

its a new tire, maybe i'll be able to fix it with a mushroom like being used on car wheels?
if yes, which size mushroom will fit ?

|

5/3/2021 12:24 PM

Superglue the hole closed. Then cut a chunk of an old innertube about 100mm long and superglue it across the hole on the inside of the tyre.

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

5/4/2021 2:40 AM

p1p1092 wrote:

Superglue the hole closed. Then cut a chunk of an old innertube about 100mm long and superglue it across the hole on the ...more

I didn't have anything you said, so I just put a puncture patch on the inside and injected some kind of roof sealant on the outside. (when it drys it acts like rubber)
hopefully it'll work

|

5/4/2021 3:17 AM

Duct tape, thin card, more duct tape.
There's no permanent fix though. Get a new tyre

|

5/4/2021 4:07 AM

.pegless. wrote:

If putting a card is possible then why not put those?
Photo

it is a new one so ill try to get few more months with it

|

5/4/2021 4:46 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/4/2021 4:47 AM

^Those are designed for car tires, for small holes. Like nail holes, and they are not a permanent fix. Also car tires tend to not use innertubes. I have used those for nail flats on a car.

For a hole in the tire-old innertube and some glue. A paper US Dollar (or similar material) in there helps too. Basically any material that is reasonably tear resistant that would prevent your tube from sticking out. Park tool has a "tire boot"-a flexible rubber patch that sticks on inside the tire to stop a tube from coming out. Works as a temp fix until you can replace it.

A snakebite flat is two holes-usually caused by not enough air pressure. If your tires are low, air them up.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

5/4/2021 7:44 AM

.pegless. wrote:

Ninja96 wrote:

If putting a card is possible then why not put those?
Photo

it is a new one so ill try to get few more months with it

It's just another temporary fix, card and duct tape is cheaper. But you will need to replace your tyre no matter how you try to fix it

|

5/4/2021 8:04 AM

Those tyre worms aren't suitable for use with tubes at all, on any type of tyre...

They are however considered a permanent repair for bicycle tubeless setups.

|

5/4/2021 12:03 PM

Stick your dick in it, a hole is a hole.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

5/11/2021 11:14 AM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

Stick your dick in it, a hole is a hole.

Is that what you tell yourself every time Krooked is bent over in front of you?

|

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

5/11/2021 11:28 AM

p1p1092 wrote:

Is that what you tell yourself every time Krooked is bent over in front of you?

That doesn’t happen nearly as often as I’d like.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

5/11/2021 1:53 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/11/2021 2:15 PM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

That doesn’t happen nearly as often as I’d like.

Start paying towards his college debt and it'll happen an awful lot more often. wink

|

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

- Hunter S. Thompson

5/13/2021 1:20 AM

Ninja96 wrote:

so i had puncture for 3 sesh in a row this week (each time on my way to the skatepark)
lately i tried to hop a big ledge and ...more

Slime innertubes 😈

|

Speed, I am speed... -Lightning McQueen
Fuck money get bitches... I think?