need help, cant ride until i fix this.... (asap if possible)

Related:
Create New Tag

4/16/2016 1:44 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/16/2016 1:45 AM

my back wheel has side to side wobble, its the driver side bearings or the driver bearings or something like that.
i have a wtp volta 2011 and have no idea what bearings i would need.
i cant get the lock nut off to take a picture, i have tried for about a week now using different techniques.
and how much would it cost at a lbs to get this fixed? (i dont want to get over charged or whatever)
thanks for any reply's in advance.

|

4/16/2016 3:03 AM

Probably 30$ plus bearings , if you aren't a regular customer .

Put that shit in a vice and use a wrench to get it off , and see . Odds are you probably biffed your bearings or your cone nuts aren't tight , but by the sounds of it you probably fucked something up

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

4/16/2016 7:27 AM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

Probably 30$ plus bearings , if you aren't a regular customer .

Put that shit in a vice and use a wrench to get it off , and see . Odds are you probably biffed your bearings or your cone nuts aren't tight , but by the sounds of it you probably fucked something up

i took the whole hub apart because everything was tight and i wiggled the driver side a bit and there was some movement even though the lock nut on that side was tight as. Thanks for the reply i will have to go to my lbs soon then.

|

4/16/2016 7:58 AM

If not, you can dismantle everything and regrease and put the stuff back and see how it goes before you get charged for something. Bearings might be loose tho. Good luck with the problem...

|

It doesn't matter where a train goes. It's decidin' to get on that does.

4/16/2016 8:39 AM

Skylight wrote:

If not, you can dismantle everything and regrease and put the stuff back and see how it goes before you get charged for something. Bearings might be loose tho. Good luck with the problem...

thanks il try that again, the main thing is i cant get the driver side lock nut off for some reason, any ideas on how to do that without a vice?
cheers.

|

4/16/2016 10:38 AM

Is the axle hollow? Sometimes they allow a 6mm Allen key in. Failing that, take the wheel out, tighten the non drive side tight on the outside of the dropout (so the wheel is attached outside of your stays, so it looks like a trike with a wheel missing.) Then try to loosen the locknut.

You could take all the hardware off from the non drive side and tap the axle, bearings and driver out in one go. Then clamp the middle of the axle where there's no thread into a vice and go from there. I'd only suggest that as a last resort as it's a bit sketchy.

|