need help on deciding new cranks

Related:
Create New Tag

8/11/2013 11:06 PM

i recently broke my redline flight cranks clean in half and i need to get new cranks but im not sure what kind to get, can someone help me?

|

8/11/2013 11:09 PM

PROFILES for the win, They are light SUPER STRONG and Offer life time warranty.

END THREAD.

|

8/11/2013 11:13 PM

Subrosa bitchens, thunderbolts,devices, tibias. Try and go wrong with any of those

|

I seek progression, not perfection.

Refs:Beastassdickwink~Dk/oldschool908~TheLilozzy~jaypee23~Bstick~agfracing~MoyBoy5~RIDE a BIKE~wade5~Mattmuldoon@hotmail.com x2~jakebikes~ joe loves shadow~ diss diqq~ k1ng~fly for life x2~spikez5~four~jb07~mike duda~ DORbmx~ bobPA~superstarDK

8/11/2013 11:13 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/11/2013 11:14 PM

Powerbites if you can find them. Strongest cranks ever.

Thunderbolts if not. Stronger than all modern cranks, way stronger than Profiles. Plus a lifetime warranty, the best warranty in the industry.

Fit Indent 24s if you want 165 cranks. Super stiff and strong.

Profiles are shit. You cannot convince me otherwise because my emotional well-being relies on this proven fact.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

8/11/2013 11:20 PM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

Thunderbolts if not. Stronger than all modern cranks, way stronger than Profiles. Plus a lifetime warranty, the best warranty in the industry.

Profiles are shit. You cannot convince me otherwise because my emotional well-being relies on this proven fact.

My profiles flexed and dented my frame. Then they took a massive shit on me. Worst experience with cranks ever.

|

Refs:Beastassdickwink~Dk/oldschool908~TheLilozzy~jaypee23~Bstick~agfracing~MoyBoy5~RIDE a BIKE~wade5~Mattmuldoon@hotmail.com x2~jakebikes~ joe loves shadow~ diss diqq~ k1ng~fly for life x2~spikez5~four~jb07~mike duda~ DORbmx~ bobPA~superstarDK

8/11/2013 11:34 PM

I've rode Profiles since 94 and have always stood by them. You can also buy their individual crank arms if needed. With that being said, the only thing I haven't changed on my current setup is my Eclat Tibia cranks which came with it. I really dig the 2 piece design with the added stiffness. They're basically really nice Profile clones IMO. Only thing I did was powder coat them white.

|

Winter is over-rated

Click here to check my ride

8/11/2013 11:36 PM

Madtown608 wrote:

I've rode Profiles since 94 and have always stood by them. You can also buy their individual crank arms if needed. With that being said, the only thing I haven't changed on my current setup is my Eclat Tibia cranks which came with it. I really dig the 2 piece design with the added stiffness. They're basically really nice Profile clones IMO. Only thing I did was powder coat them white.

Profile's quality seems to have gone way down over the past few years. The older cranks were stiff and strong but the newer ones flex a ton and twist and bend a lot.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴

8/11/2013 11:37 PM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

i had hollow and power bites i broke both of them

|

8/11/2013 11:39 PM

Jake_bmx wrote:

Calling complete bullshit on Powerbites. Mine are from '97, have been ridden by over 7 people, and are still holding strong.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴

8/11/2013 11:42 PM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

Jake_bmx wrote:

Xxohioanxx wrote:

Calling complete bullshit on Powerbites. Mine are from '97, have been ridden by over 7 people, and are still holding strong.

ive got mine from people that do crank arm grinds daily i also just cracked the pedal boss thing,

|

8/11/2013 11:44 PM

Jake_bmx wrote:

ive got mine from people that do crank arm grinds daily i also just cracked the pedal boss thing,

Ah, well then I can see that considering it wouldn't be that hard to grind through an entire damn arm haha. Plus mine are so old they don't have an insert so I don't have to worry about any of the problems associated with them.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴

8/11/2013 11:48 PM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

Jake_bmx wrote:

Xxohioanxx wrote:

Ah, well then I can see that considering it wouldn't be that hard to grind through an entire damn arm haha. Plus mine are so old they don't have an insert so I don't have to worry about any of the problems associated with them.

i bent the spindle of my hollowbites and the pedal boss in those completely broke so, yeah primo pretty much hates me.

|

8/11/2013 11:52 PM

Jake_bmx wrote:

i bent the spindle of my hollowbites and the pedal boss in those completely broke so, yeah primo pretty much hates me.

woah calm down mr. burns

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴

8/11/2013 11:54 PM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

Jake_bmx wrote:

Xxohioanxx wrote:

woah calm down mr. burns

what?

|

8/11/2013 11:55 PM

Jake_bmx wrote:

Xxohioanxx wrote:

Jake_bmx wrote:

They are gonna hate me after they response to my emails. Of they don't warranty something I'm gonna grind the hubs up and mail them the shavings.

|

8/11/2013 11:57 PM

Mfwic_ wrote:

PROFILES for the win, They are light SUPER STRONG and Offer life time warranty.

END THREAD.

I'd rather ride a 1 piece crank than Profiles. Not kidding either.

OP, go with Thunderbolts. They're Odyssey & backed by their legendary warranty & supposedly one of the strongest cranks ever.

From experience though I recommend Fit Indent (19mm version), they held up very well for 2 & a half years. Never cracked or anything, just wore the splines out & felt it was time for new cranks.

Or Animal Akimbo, currently have them and have had them for a year & a half with no problems aside a funny looking line on a weld that looks like a small crack, but it's been there for months & would have definitely gotten worse if it was a crack, so I don't believe it is one. Other than that, no complaints. Feel super stiff too

|

8/12/2013 8:54 AM

Shadow noctis are an improved version of powerbites

Fit indents 24mm

Thunderbolts

|

I'm a punk bmxer, I can't do it well so I do it loud.

8/12/2013 8:58 AM

I actually just bought profiles and they're my favorite cranks I've ridden. Those and Fly cranks have been my favorites.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

8/12/2013 9:13 AM

Get the thundetbolts or primos, the thunderbolts are awesome they dont flex on hops/drops

Ive ridden profile eclat etc. anything with splines will flex
Plus odys warranty is pretty amazing

|

8/12/2013 12:08 PM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

Jake_bmx wrote:

Xxohioanxx wrote:

So 8 people? 9? 2383473904 people?

I had a set less than a year and the pedal boss went to crap. Good cranks despite that.

A buddy rocked a set and had tons of flex with his though, it was an issue with the crank arm/spindle interface.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

8/12/2013 12:16 PM

Kink pillars, the best cranks you can buy

|

8/12/2013 12:30 PM

Animal Akimbos if you ride street and got the cash.

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

8/12/2013 1:57 PM

people looking for powerbites:
THEY CAN BE FOUND HERE: http://www.empirebmx.com/store/comersus_viewItem.asp?idProduct=6143
available in black and polished in 175mm for a low price of 105 us dollars

REJOICE

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

8/12/2013 2:08 PM

Hollowbites where shit if you ever broke pedals and wanted to get them back out of the crank......not sure if they've changed that shit design yet? I've had profile race cranks for 7 years now they're still holding up well

|

8/12/2013 2:15 PM

Tibias, mine are 4 year strong and still going.

|

I do stuff and I'm not good at it.
I got refs

8/12/2013 3:17 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

So 8 people? 9? 2383473904 people?

I had a set less than a year and the pedal boss went to crap. Good cranks despite that.

A buddy rocked a set and had tons of flex with his though, it was an issue with the crank arm/spindle interface.

Whoops didn't mean over lol. I just painted mine black and I'm gonna run them again when I get a new frame.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴

8/12/2013 5:56 PM

primo powerbites or eclat tibias. dans have a sale on the stolen teams for $130.

|

Insta: @devicacy

8/12/2013 11:09 PM

a buddy of mine from home rides for snafu and i talked to him and i bought the mayweather cranks so im all good thanks for all the help though!

|

8/12/2013 11:13 PM

Jake_bmx wrote:

a buddy of mine from home rides for snafu and i talked to him and i bought the mayweather cranks so im all good thanks for all the help though!

If I had to get 19mm cranks those would be the ones.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴

8/13/2013 7:40 AM

try the new macneil cranks and tell us if theyre good. or just get eclat tibias.

|

shit