need help with brakes

Related:
Create New Tag

12/13/2010 5:38 PM

i'm about to buy a gyro setup at staff
i know everything i want except the actual brakes

i was told to get diatech hombres because they're cheap and all brakes are pretty much the same, as long as they are dialed in. and i will have staff set em up.

do you agree?

|

12/13/2010 5:39 PM

What do you mean you will have staff set them up?

|

Refs: ~Stolen Boy~, Brokenbmx(x2), Warchol2, nitrojimbo, Cjmdawg, _brendan, handlebar-to-face

12/13/2010 5:41 PM

i have ditech fiestas when i run brakes (pretty much never) and when i dial em in they're nicer than my buddy's evo 2's and my other buddy's flys. get cheap ones if you know how to set em up right. they're all the same if u know what ur doing.

|

All my edits are iPhone edits...

last member of the week ever

G-SPORT - S&M - FIT - ODYSSEY

12/13/2010 5:44 PM

\BMX-1995/ wrote:

What do you mean you will have staff set them up?

staff bmx will install them

|

12/14/2010 6:36 AM

Skooter wrote:

i have ditech fiestas when i run brakes (pretty much never) and when i dial em in they're nicer than my buddy's evo 2's and my other buddy's flys. get cheap ones if you know how to set em up right. they're all the same if u know what ur doing.

That's weird, as I have run both of those brakes and the Fly's are WAY better. The Fiesta pads are not that great if you ask me.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

12/14/2010 8:58 AM

i wouldn't go with a hombre, those things where designed years ago!

I suggest anything that's cnc'd really, they are a lot stiffer so when it comes to pulling your brake you get alot less flex which is most peoples worst nightmare!

Ive run loads of different brake set ups and i suggest odyssey evo 2's, they are just as good as flys without the price tag... also get a set of clear brake pads as they help braking power no end!

|

12/14/2010 3:07 PM

evo 2s are like the perfect medium between flys and hombres...

|

12/14/2010 3:32 PM

norb3rt G*Y*P*O wrote:

i wouldn't go with a hombre, those things where designed years ago!

I suggest anything that's cnc'd really, they are a lot stiffer so when it comes to pulling your brake you get alot less flex which is most peoples worst nightmare!

Ive run loads of different brake set ups and i suggest odyssey evo 2's, they are just as good as flys without the price tag... also get a set of clear brake pads as they help braking power no end!

sometimes older is better wink

|

All my edits are iPhone edits...

last member of the week ever

G-SPORT - S&M - FIT - ODYSSEY