need help with sprocket and cranks

Related:
Create New Tag

1/4/2014 1:25 PM

hey guys,i was on danscomp and I noticed that some parts are not compatible with other parts.I want to get the odyssey thunderbolt cranks and a S&M L7 Spline-Drive Sprocket. For the bb for the thunderbolts I went with Shadow Conspiracy Corvus BB Kit 22mm mid.will these 3 parts be compatible for each other?if they aren't please suggest something that will be compatible with the cranks please. The cranks say that it needs a chainwheel but isn't that the same as a sprocket? also what is the difference between a spline drive and regular sprocket. and the difference between a socket drive and regular cranks. thanks

|

1/4/2014 1:34 PM

spline drive chainwheels work with spline drive cranks, cranks with 48 splines such as profile cranks. The thunderbolt cranks have a built on chainwheel/sprocket adapter you have to find a chainwheel with the 15/16 bore only. the socket drive cranks only work with socket drive chainwheels

|

brakeless maniac

1/4/2014 1:35 PM

so look for chainwheels with 15/16 bore and you with be fine!

|

brakeless maniac

1/4/2014 1:48 PM

whats the difference between a sprocket and chainwheel

|

1/4/2014 1:48 PM

I chose a fit ket sprocket for my thunderbolts.will that fit?

|

1/4/2014 1:50 PM

wealthydanny wrote:

whats the difference between a sprocket and chainwheel

The sprocket and the chainwheel are the same thing in pretty sure.

|

1/4/2014 1:53 PM

sprocket and chainwheel is the same thing u can call it both. i have an odyssey mds chainwheel with my thunderbolts

|

brakeless maniac

1/4/2014 1:55 PM

ya the fit will work

|

brakeless maniac

1/4/2014 1:56 PM

thanks sooo much guys

|

1/4/2014 1:57 PM

go for the best setup - thunderbolt / c-512

Photo