need new front tire

Related:
Create New Tag

5/14/2015 12:20 PM

I just got back into riding after a little over a year break. I need a new front tire, right now I have a odyssey Ross. And I want something that is faster but has plenty of grip for the streets. What is the recommended front street tire right now?

|

[LINK TO IMAGE]

Refs: SolomonGrundy!

Angrypenguin.biz

Braswellrealty.com

5/14/2015 12:29 PM

There are a lot of good tires out there and I suggest you choose out of these (and maybe more) which you like best.

Shadow Valor tires. Best fucking tire. Unless you have a small dick and a weight weenie. They last ages and roll and grip so well. I loved every minute of them and Eventually i will snag more. I LOVE this tire. Only downside is they're 3$ more than most tires, which isn't a big difference.

All the new Odyssey Tires They are all pretty low profile. The Boss is the most agressive, the Dugan is in between, and the Chase Hawk is the slippery-est. I run the Dugans. 2.4 front 2.3 rear. I like how the sizes are TRUE to what they say on the tire. No 2.2 but actually 2.57 haha. They're super fast and make you feel like you're riding a motorcycle. Especially if you do 2 2.4s. Which should fit most frames. It would easily clear the back end of my Funday. They also last a long time and are rather thick. Super tough tire. I love this one too. Little slippery-er than the Valors really.

there are a few others I don't bother listing here, but those are my absolute favorites that I highly recommend.

Cult makes nice slicks too.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

5/14/2015 12:35 PM

I have been a big fan of odyssey tires, because how long they last and the grip they provide. The Chase hawk tire looks really good, just not sure how well it does in the street.

|

[LINK TO IMAGE]

Refs: SolomonGrundy!

Angrypenguin.biz

Braswellrealty.com

5/14/2015 12:49 PM

Animal tyres all day

|

NEW Bike check
That InstaGram ting - @EddiMundo
Raw Clips Edit

KriB Life YouTube channel (Click on the pic!)

5/14/2015 1:27 PM

For a street park use the shadow valor seems really good, the bsd donnasqueak´s is also treating me well.
If you ride everything and also dirt, the flybikes tyre is a good choice

|

5/14/2015 2:02 PM

I second the shadow valors. My fav. so far.

I had a set of hawks before and they are more slippery but still pretty good

1.shadow valors
2.hawks
3.cult dehart were shit to me. Slip and die quick

|

5/14/2015 2:03 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/14/2015 2:04 PM

Knobby Aitken. Super fast and grippy on everything, plus it's light. But if you're doing a ton of grinds, I'd get the street Aitken. Either of them grip great and will last a long fucking time, I rode my street Aitken for like 3 years and I'm pretty sure someone is still riding it.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

5/14/2015 3:37 PM

Bsd's are feeling nice currently, very good grip but not super knobby

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

5/14/2015 4:21 PM

I just got a set of eastern Kevlar foldable burnout tires , loving them so fast , get some slicks

|

6/6/2015 9:34 PM

I just got off a set of Fly Rubens, I ride dirt and street and they handle good in both. Not to much rolling resistance either.

|

6/6/2015 9:43 PM

ArmstrongBMX wrote:

I just got off a set of Fly Rubens, I ride dirt and street and they handle good in both. Not to much rolling resistance ...more

yea i have the same tires 2.35 front and back, been doing laps around my neighborhood quite good

|

1996 dyno slammer, 1997 mosh pro, 1998 gt vertigo, 2000 haro backtrail x3, 2004 free agent tigercat, 2005 volume dinosaur, 2005 s&m black bike, 2013 stolen saint 24", 2015 flybikes proton

6/7/2015 10:52 AM

Fly rubens.... Kink vela and lyra... reccomend x10!!!!

|

Creating life the way we envision it!

Determination Overcomes Talent

Dot_Company Instagram