need some advice

Related:
Create New Tag

10/8/2014 11:35 AM

so ive been stressing quite abit and i need some help... i wanna start doing dirt and park but i want a frame that excels in all areas but mostly dirt and park... i was thinking the 34r berto frame or colony sweet tooth but if you guys could help me find a frame that would do well in park/dirt thatd be great. and it needs to be 300$ max tongue

|

10/8/2014 12:03 PM

BSD Trail or Park

|

10/8/2014 12:04 PM

Get something with a 74.5 head angle and a 13.75 backend maybe 13.6. Steep haedtubes and short backends are for street and feel unstable riding over 10 mph.

|

10/8/2014 12:08 PM

S&M ATF frame, around $150-ish used. The name says it all. Lol

|

10/8/2014 12:12 PM

kaneBMX wrote:

BSD Trail or Park

I was looking at this frame when I was looking for a new one. Looked like a good frame and BSD's stuff is legit, but I didn't like how thin the dropouts were in the pics. Saw one at the local park yesterday and was glad I opted against it honestly

|

10/8/2014 12:15 PM

-Havok- wrote:

^^^^^ ATF good frame and you can get a good used on cheap

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

10/8/2014 12:15 PM

CaptainEO wrote:

Get something with a 74.5 head angle and a 13.75 backend maybe 13.6. Steep haedtubes and short backends are for street and feel unstable riding over 10 mph.

so ummm would any of the bikes i mentioned earlier or the hyper mainiac be good for park/street?

|

10/8/2014 12:19 PM

-Havok- wrote:

handlebar-to-face wrote:

^^^^^ ATF good frame and you can get a good used on cheap

Was my second choice for a new frame if I couldn't come up with a Mac. I still may get one if I end up not liking the Mac's geo

|

10/8/2014 12:29 PM

CaptainEO wrote:

NoFootedCanCan wrote:

so ummm would any of the bikes i mentioned earlier or the hyper mainiac be good for park/street?

They're all street frames by the looks of the geo. The stats EO posted are more dirt oriented. 75 headtube seems to be fine for dirt nowadays, just a little twitchy, but a 74.5 ht will feel alot better on everything at high speed. And a 13.5 rear end is probably as short as I'd go for dirt honestly. It's all personal preference tho, as you may have no problems at all.

|

10/8/2014 2:38 PM

CaptainEO wrote:

NoFootedCanCan wrote:

Any modern freestyle bmx bike will work for what you wanna do, just pay attention to geometry cuz street frames are always pushing things to the limits. Steep head angles and shorter back ends really only help in spinning tricks at low speeds and nose wheelies.

|

10/9/2014 2:21 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/9/2014 2:22 PM

CaptainEO wrote:

NoFootedCanCan wrote:

CaptainEO wrote:

Any modern freestyle bmx bike will work for what you wanna do, just pay attention to geometry cuz street frames are always pushing things to the limits. Steep head angles and shorter back ends really only help in spinning tricks at low speeds and nose wheelies.

well i was looking at the felt ethic 2014... would that be a good starter? and would it work for just all around? im concerned about the weight though. not being a weight weenie i just want something i can actually use and shit.

|